Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be dust by the time the stadium opens.

Also if the wheels fall off and we're 3-14 and henry is averaging 3.5 YPC he's not a draw anymore
I think his work ethic and training will allow him to be productive for a few years yet. Maybe not as fast, it can be a power runner for a while yet. If the guy had a decent line to blast some holes…

I think his work ethic and training will allow him to be productive for a few years yet. Maybe not as fast, it can be a power runner for a while yet. If the guy had a decent line to blast some holes…
Henry could be what LenDale was to CJ...great goaline/power back...I'd love to see him paired with a speed guy

It’s not as simple as just saying whether you want to keep him. It’s is he worth the price he’s asking? Is he worth paying more than any defender in the league? Does he make so much of an impact, you can afford to be deficient at a few other positions due to a lack of cap space?
Bingo, same arguments every year just different players.

Realistically if we're being smart henry would be out the door. However he's meant so much to this team that's a tough pill to swallow.
I think too much is put on the number his age is.
If you’re the best, you’re the best.
Agree easiest to replace, but guarantee that his replacement is a step down at his current playing level. Maybe in another couple years, that step down won’t be as large or at all but that remains to be seen.

Hard to say out loud, but we did better without Henry than without Tannehill.
These arguments get kind of ridiculous if other factors aren’t even considered.

who were the opponents?
Who else was out?
What was the weather?
Was it after a bye week or on a short week?
Did someone else leave the game?
How were the refs each game?

impossible to say wins or losses were on Henry or THill alone playing or not. This is why W/L are NOT a QB stay no matter how much ESPN sells it and some fans buy it.

I haven't heard much from Carthon other than his initial presser. But I didn't get the impression during that media session, he was brought in to start a roster restructuring or rebuild (e.g. moving Henry/Simmons/Tanney). Sounded more like he was here to give Vrable what he needed for the present. Although seems like dumping contracts for cap space and trading of assets for future draft capital are inevitable and just around the corner.

Henry could be what LenDale was to CJ...great goaline/power back...I'd love to see him paired with a speed guy

Jahmyr Gibbs is the guy that I want in this draft. I don't know what he will run at the combine but his game speed appears CJ fast the way that he blows up defenders angles and ankles. Has great hands and can run routes out of the slot. Henry, Gibbs, Chig and Burks gives us some playmakers on the field.

Henry is pretty awful at power runs.
Based on what?

2022:
9 4th and 3 or less carries, 4 TD, 7 FD
13 3rd and 3 or less carries, 3 TD, 11 FD

2021:
5 4th and 3 or less carries, 5 FD
10 3rd and 3 or less carries, 9 FD

2020:
2 4th and 3 or less carries, 1 FD
18 3rd and 3 or less carries, 15 FD

2019:
2 4th and 3 or less, 1 TD, 1 FD
10 3rd and 3 or less, 1 TD, 9 FD

2018:
2 4th and 3 or less, 1 TD, 1 FD
7 3rd and 3 or less, 5 FD

2017:
4 4th and 3 or less, 2 FD
15 3rd and 3 or less, 1 TD, 8 FD

2016:
7 3rd and 3 or less, 1 TD, 4 FD

He’s improved as his career has gone along and was never really bad at it.

How the f is that possible when Henry is on the bench on 3rd and 4th downs? Id have to see some of that because that certainly goes against what I have been watching the past few years.

How the f is that possible when Henry is on the bench on 3rd and 4th downs? Id have to see some of that because that certainly goes against what I have been watching the past few years.
Todd Downing. Enough said.

Most of those were probably 3rd and 3...the closer it was the more likely Downing was going to take Henry out, it seemed. Idiot.

Well, in fairness, when it is 3rd or 4th down for us it's 3rd and 9 and 4th and 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back