Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
But on the flip side..... you complain when we don't retain our draft picks. You can't finally have a draft pick worth keeping, but ***** we let him go.
Little in between there. Just because a draft pick plays well doesn’t mean he’s worth what the new contract offer will be. Corey Davis and Adoree are both decent examples. Played alright, better than what was here but not great enough to pay that top dollar.

I think Simmons is worth it, and some are dead set on spending money for QBs because QB.

But on the flip side..... you complain when we don't retain our draft picks. You can't finally have a draft pick worth keeping, but ***** we let him go.
Worth keeping at a certain price and at certain positions. I don’t think Simmons is worth the cost. I complain about the draft picks we’ve made to begin with. JRob made very few great first round picks. This is one he hit on but at a position where the impact doesn’t warrant the payday.

Just went over the cap situation. Man did JRob really screw this team up…Several guys we can’t get away from. Perhaps the so called cap expert Vin Marino isn’t good at his job?

He’s not a generational player in Vrabel’s defense. I know that’s hard for you to understand. You don’t pay a d-lineman in a 3-4, 25 million+ a year. The cap doesn’t allow it unless you want to sacrifice talent at more important positions.

Vrable's 3-4 does not just ask the DL to eat up blockers. He still has them attacking up field. We also run plenty of 4 man fronts. The key is to be able to pressure the QB with 4 players which we can do with Simmons and Autry gaming on the inside. This isn't the Tony Siragusa 3-4 defense to let Ray Lewis run free.

Until we get a generational QB the Titans better have a stud DL to pressure Mahomes/Burrow/Allen....etc

One of the reasons you don't hear Simmons name a ton is because he is doubled as much as any Dline men in the NFL. He is one of the reasons why we have had success plugging in nobodies elsewhere and still having a pass rush. Is he Aaron Donald? No but he's the next closest thing in the league right now.

Are we really arguing about not keeping Big Jeff? :disbelief::drunk::gaah:
It’s not as simple as just saying whether you want to keep him. It’s is he worth the price he’s asking? Is he worth paying more than any defender in the league? Does he make so much of an impact, you can afford to be deficient at a few other positions due to a lack of cap space?

It’s not as simple as just saying whether you want to keep him. It’s is he worth the price he’s asking? Is he worth paying more than any defender in the league? Does he make so much of an impact, you can afford to be deficient at a few other positions due to a lack of cap space?
Back the bank truck up and move forward. We can't let the man go. That would be a disaster.

Back the bank truck up and move forward. We can't let the man go. That would be a disaster.
Good thing you’re not in charge of the team. You can only back the bank truck up so often. It’s not Madden. It wasn’t a disaster at all the games he missed. Wouldn’t have even known he wasn’t playing.

Good thing you’re not in charge of the team. You can only back the bank truck up so often. It’s not Madden. It wasn’t a disaster at all the games he missed. Wouldn’t have even known he wasn’t playing.
We can certainly back the bank truck up for our best defender. Letting him walk would be stupid.

We went 6-3 without Henry last year, should we let him go?

That’s definitely a conversation the team will have with a 16m cap number. I’m sure it’s being discussed. RB’s are the easiest position to replace and he’s getting ready to turn 30.
Realistically if we're being smart henry would be out the door. However he's meant so much to this team that's a tough pill to swallow.

That’s definitely a conversation the team will have with a 16m cap number. I’m sure it’s being discussed. RB’s are the easiest position to replace and he’s getting ready to turn 30.
If anything, it's a conversation Henry will have with himself whether he wants to move on or not.

Right now he is the biggest draw. With a new stadium in the wings, they will want to milk that for all its worth.
Yea, they definitely aren't going into their first season in a new stadium with a skeleton crew roster. I imagine Henry will be a career Titan.

Right now he is the biggest draw. With a new stadium in the wings, they will want to milk that for all its worth.
He'll be dust by the time the stadium opens.

Also if the wheels fall off and we're 3-14 and henry is averaging 3.5 YPC he's not a draw anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back