Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
What type of Kevin Byard do you think we will see in 2021? In 2017, 2018, and 2019 he had 17 interceptions and then he gets a new contract. In 2020 he had 1 interception towards the end of the season. Was this a case of take the money and run attitude or the fact that we had no pass rush?

What type of Kevin Byard do you think we will see in 2021? In 2017, 2018, and 2019 he had 17 interceptions and then he gets a new contract. In 2020 he had 1 interception towards the end of the season. Was this a case of take the money and run attitude or the fact that we had no pass rush?
This is a easy one....NO PASS RUSH!!! On paper one of the worst in NFL history.

it'd be hard to get any worse

stop making excuses for him.. it was clearly albert haynesworth syndrome.. dude didn't show any effort

My problem is it wasn’t only Byard who was less efficient (read crappy). Because the defense as a whole stepped back, there have to be some scheme issues to correct (read coaching). If you play the percentages, then 75% f Byard’s career has been superlative and 25% poor. So, play the odds on the 75%.

If I remember correctly he was extended the summer before last season.. the big money didnt start until 2020, but he was already signed and locked in for the 2019 season. I dont think it was the money. I still blame the confusion of no DC and horrible scheming putting everyone out of position.

If I remember correctly he was extended the summer before last season.. the big money didnt start until 2020, but he was already signed and locked in for the 2019 season. I dont think it was the money. I still blame the confusion of no DC and horrible scheming putting everyone out of position.
Yea this is right I think. He played last season on his new contract.

Just looking back on a lot of games and it seemed like he was out of position on a lot of plays. Not sure if this was coaching malpractice or Byard just trying too hard and taking the wrong angles.

Byard was disgruntled and borderline insubordinate in calling out the “scheme” and “communication” in several post game pressers. I think he was genuinely pissed that the secondary wasn’t operating as a cohesive unit. He may have checked out once it was obvious things weren’t going to change.

Evans and Simmons did the same thing which makes we wonder if a player will “endorse” Bowen the way Jonnu just did Downing.

Byard was disgruntled and borderline insubordinate in calling out the “scheme” and “communication” in several post game pressers. I think he was genuinely pissed that the secondary wasn’t operating as a cohesive unit. He may have checked out once it was obvious things weren’t going to change.

I think you're right Riverman. Our Defense under Pees vs last year was like night and day. Bowen was clearly the problem. To me it seems that Bowen saw things totally different from what the players were seeing on the field.

I think you're right Riverman. Our Defense under Pees vs last year was like night and day. Bowen was clearly the problem. To me it seems that Bowen saw things totally different from what the players were seeing on the field.
I agree but I'd go as far an say bowen only seen 1 thing all year and it was every pass is gonna go for 15 20 yards.

I agree but I'd go as far an say bowen only seen 1 thing all year and it was every pass is gonna go for 15 20 yards.

But that's the thing I hated about our D all season. Wr's were just given too much room and too much field to operate. Still don't get how J Rob as a GM gave the go ahead to promote Bowen after what we all saw in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back