Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that’s not true. It may be your opinion, but that’s not how that works. He is a top 5 FS. He is 27 years old in his prime and had a bad stat season on a really bad defense. He isn’t going anywhere, but he would be gone in seconds if made available.
if hes in his prime then we're fucked

I dont even know his stats, I just recall a boatload of blown plays and cant remember a single thing he did right last season

No one trades anything significant for players like this in the NFL anyway. A 4th maybe. But they would pay his salary in a heartbeat. He is a really good player who had 1 bad season on a defense that played horribly as a whole.
Some of you guys are plain silly. You are in love with players from other teams and hate your own teams players. You don’t get rid of players like Byard in their prime. You just don’t.
This

Except that’s not true. It may be your opinion, but that’s not how that works. He is a top 5 FS. He is 27 years old in his prime and had a bad stat season on a really bad defense. He isn’t going anywhere, but he would be gone in seconds if made available.
Agree he's not going anywhere, even if he plays bad at the start of next season, but if he was top-5, not only would people around here not talk about trading him, but the team certainly wouldn't.

Let's hope he returns to the top 5 play you're saying he was (wasn't last year).

You know it's bad when JC is owning you @TitanMark

Ain’t nobody. “ owning “ me. Some of y’all have no business being fans until you complete a minimum knowledge training course.

Just because a player doesn’t have a HOF year doesn’t mean he sucks. He had a down year. It happens. The team went 11-5 and y’all wanting to blow it up.

The only owning that is getting done is some of y’all owning and clearly showing your own ignorance. I am wrong often. But not ignorant,

Agree he's not going anywhere, even if he plays bad at the start of next season, but if he was top-5, not only would people around here not talk about trading him, but the team certainly wouldn't.

Let's hope he returns to the top 5 play you're saying he was (wasn't last year).

I’m not worried about what people around here, who thank god aren’t running NFL franchises think. Their opinion truly isn’t relevant to a players ability. Nor what other NFL franchises think of him. Being pissed your team didn’t win doesn’t mean a player sucks. The defense sucked. The same people blaming Byard are the same people blaming coaching. Which is it? Talent or coaching. I think it was both . Lack of a coherent defensive scheme and lack of talent. Byard isn’t the problem. If you get him out of covering man on man, which isn’t what a Free Safety does, then he starts making plays again. But with the lack of line talent and no pass rush our secondary had to cover longer which is a recipe for disaster for any defense.

This place is full of more Cal McNairs than intelligent Titan fans.

I can think of 2 Titan players off the top of my head who got paid big and sucked the following season and after, Griffen and Big AL, thats bad company to be in. I hope he returns to form and balls out I do, but if he doesnt he needs to go its just that simple. Plus him playing bad and calling out coachs and slamming them, that sets a bad example for other players and young guys coming in. I can play like shit but ill just blame coaching and not hold myself accountable, doesnt sound like the culture we are building in Tennessee.

I can think of 2 Titan players off the top of my head who got paid big and sucked the following season and after, Griffen and Big AL, thats bad company to be in. I hope he returns to form and balls out I do, but if he doesnt he needs to go its just that simple. Plus him playing bad and calling out coachs and slamming them, that sets a bad example for other players and young guys coming in. I can play like **** but ill just blame coaching and not hold myself accountable, doesnt sound like the culture we are building in Tennessee.

Except that Byard did take responsibility for his play, He stated clearly he didn’t play well. The only people I see blaming or slamming coaches are in this forum. Can you please provide a link where he slammed coaches?

If you get him out of covering man on man, which isn’t what a Free Safety does, then he starts making plays again. But with the lack of line talent and no pass rush our secondary had to cover longer which is a recipe for disaster for any defense.

This is exactly right. Byard was having to match up one one one a ton this season which took him out of his natural position of basically playing centerfield and watching the play develop. I would imagine that he also assumed at least some of Logan Ryan's role in the defense which added more to his plate than in years previous.

Having said that, too often Byard was out of position, took some bad angles, and was indecisive when coming up to tackle. He had a bad year in a defense where everyone except for Butler regressed in some manner.

Finally, I seriously doubt it was a result of his "payday" considering his extension was signed during last season's offseason and I didn't see that many people complaining about his performance last year.

Well, there are two sides here. 1 completely blame the coaches/scheme and 2, completely blame the players. We’re gonna need to set up some team names here to help keep the sides separate.

Except that Byard did take responsibility for his play, He stated clearly he didn’t play well. The only people I see blaming or slamming coaches are in this forum. Can you please provide a link where he slammed coaches?
Go to his twitter I don't do social media, someone posted his response on his play and coaching on here and the Titans reddit page. I know a lot fans bought this dude's jersey but you gotta put the homerisms a side and look a how a player plays.

Go to his twitter I don't do social media, someone posted his response on his play and coaching on here and the Titans reddit page. I know a lot fans bought this dude's jersey but you gotta put the homerisms a side and look a how a player plays.

Let me help you... he never slammed any coaches. You made it up after reading it somewhere because some moron poster said he said something he didn’t say. Byard has done nothing but defend his team and take responsibility for his own play. He is a good player on and off the field.
I am looking at how a player plays. I’m not getting emotional about 1 season. He is a very good NFL player who any team would take right now. Wanting to release him is moronic,

A lot of fans bought his jersey? I don’t even know what that means.

Let me help you... he never slammed any coaches. You made it up after reading it somewhere because some moron poster said he said something he didn’t say. Byard has done nothing but defend his team and take responsibility for his own play. He is a good player on and off the field.
I am looking at how a player plays. I’m not getting emotional about 1 season. He is a very good NFL player who any team would take right now. Wanting to release him is moronic,

If teams waived players after a bad or down season the rosters would be pretty empty.

If teams waived players after a bad or down season the rosters would be pretty empty.
Plus, this season was so weird anyway. Hard to judge with some many variables. I do think coaches were at a disadvantage in general, but defensively, that was clearly an area that impacted play and results. Our offense though....hope for some repeats there for sure.

Never seen a player regress the way Byard did in the course of a year. Looked absolutely lost at times and played scared. Forget the scheme, his basic fundamentals were atrocious. Not sure what happened to him.

Never seen a player regress the way Byard did in the course of a year. Looked absolutely lost at times and played scared. Forget the scheme, his basic fundamentals were atrocious. Not sure what happened to him.
Down year, the whole D was terrible...he's aiming to improve in 21...thats what you like to hear, hope he makes the effort to do so...I think he'll be fine

Byard Aims to Be Better Than Ever in 2021

I don’t recall any players calling out coaches specifically. But, Byard was among the players who said communication was an issue. That seems to be a veiled comment directed at scheme/coaching. However, Byard certainly did not excuse himself for poor play. If pressed, I wonder how many players would say that they did not perform their best under Bowen’s guidance? In terms of releasing him, it is crazy to consider that when 3 of 4 years were quite good. If he were 34 and sliding, I might put more weight in moving on, but at his age and with the whole defense backsliding, seems naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back