Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t recall any players calling out coaches specifically. But, Byard was among the players who said communication was an issue. That seems to be a veiled comment directed at scheme/coaching. However, Byard certainly did not excuse himself for poor play. If pressed, I wonder how many players would say that they did not perform their best under Bowen’s guidance? In terms of releasing him, it is crazy to consider that when 3 of 4 years were quite good. If he were 34 and sliding, I might put more weight in moving on, but at his age and with the whole defense backsliding, seems naive.

He could just as easily been talking about communication between players on coverages and such. If they don’t talk it’s a huge problem. Who is the on field defensive QB of the defense? I don’t know. Usually it’s the Middle LB.

I have always thought no matter what you are doing if there isn’t a clear chain of command, no DC, then there is going to be a problem. Is Bowen going to be better now that he has the actual title. Maybe. He might continue the suck. It if we don’t get more talent on that DL it won’t matter who the DC is.

He could just as easily been talking about communication between players on coverages and such. If they don’t talk it’s a huge problem. Who is the on field defensive QB of the defense? I don’t know. Usually it’s the Middle LB.

I have always thought no matter what you are doing if there isn’t a clear chain of command, no DC, then there is going to be a problem. Is Bowen going to be better now that he has the actual title. Maybe. He might continue the suck. It if we don’t get more talent on that DL it won’t matter who the DC is.
Agreed, but persistent communication issues fall on the coaches.

Jayon Brown is an elite coverage LB. Some of y’all will eventually figure out how important a pass rush is beyond just sack numbers. It effects the entire defense.
“Some of y’all” have been saying this on almost a daily basis. This is not a hot take.

May not be hot but it’s valid. Quit trashing these individual players for having a bad year on a trash defense, Let us see what they do this year.
Haven't you been the one strongly advocating the Defensive problems were due to personnel not so much with coaching?

Haven't you been the one strongly advocating the Defensive problems were due to personnel not so much with coaching?

Yes... lack of on the DLine. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken poop. But there are some in here attacking the little talent we do have. It’s wrong and unwarranted,

Yes... lack of on the DLine. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken poop. But there are some in here attacking the little talent we do have. It’s wrong and unwarranted,
I think the chicken poop was the "DC". Maybe a different scheme or even after consistent failure, try something different. Even if it fails, you're no worse off than not stopping the other team anyway.

May not be hot but it’s valid. Quit trashing these individual players for having a bad year on a trash defense, Let us see what they do this year.
I’m not trashing individual players. I am saying many people have said that a good pass rush helps out in many ways. You position your statements like you are the only one saying this - so of course it’s valid. I am laying the lion’s share of the blame on coaching as my posts will back up. You should be more careful in reading the actual content of posts and stop “building a straw man” in your arguments. Also, if you don’t reign in that habit of being VERY judgmental, the few remaining posters are going to block you and you will have no one to randomly pick fights with.

I think the chicken poop was the "DC". Maybe a different scheme or even after consistent failure, try something different. Even if it fails, you're no worse off than not stopping the other team anyway.
Solved that problem by promoting him lol...see how things shake out, not much else to do...hope for a decent draft, improvement throughout the D

I’m not trashing individual players. I am saying many people have said that a good pass rush helps out in many ways. You position your statements like you are the only one saying this - so of course it’s valid. I am laying the lion’s share of the blame on coaching as my posts will back up. You should be more careful in reading the actual content of posts and stop “building a straw man” in your arguments. Also, if you don’t reign in that habit of being VERY judgmental, the few remaining posters are going to block you and you will have no one to randomly pick fights with.

Let me say a few things...

I’m not trying to pick fights. Debate sure! I love to debate or argue whichever word you want to use.
I hold no personal ill will towards any person in this forum. I don’t take any of it personal. It’s an Internet forum were we give our ideas and opinions about a football team. Most of us are wrong a heck of a lot more than we are right. I guess my posting style tends to be aggressive and confrontational in nature. I will try and work on that. But I’m an old dog. If you knew me personally which none of you do. You would know at would give you the shirt off my back but I would be very loud about it. I have a dramatic personality and that translates in what I write I assume,

I offer my humble apology to anyone who I have turned off or offended. That’s was not my intent. If people block me so be it. I have never understood blocking anyone for any reason to be quite frank. I won’t ever block anyone. Why be here if you can’t read opposing views no matter how poorly structured they may be. Nobody in here is Hemingway.

On that note... I will try and tamp down the ferver.

Let me say a few things...

I’m not trying to pick fights. Debate sure! I love to debate or argue whichever word you want to use.
I hold no personal ill will towards any person in this forum. I don’t take any of it personal. It’s an Internet forum were we give our ideas and opinions about a football team. Most of us are wrong a heck of a lot more than we are right. I guess my posting style tends to be aggressive and confrontational in nature. I will try and work on that. But I’m an old dog. If you knew me personally which none of you do. You would know at would give you the shirt off my back but I would be very loud about it. I have a dramatic personality and that translates in what I write I assume,

I offer my humble apology to anyone who I have turned off or offended. That’s was not my intent. If people block me so be it. I have never understood blocking anyone for any reason to be quite frank. I won’t ever block anyone. Why be here if you can’t read opposing views no matter how poorly structured they may be. Nobody in here is Hemingway.

On that note... I will try and tamp down the ferver.
That’s cool. I just want you to keep your facts straight. You claim I am being unfair to critique players when in fact, I am throwing Bowen and Midget primarily under the bus. I do believe that when several players decline at the same time and the common denominator is the coaching change, then there is enough evidence to convict. Show all the fervor you want, I just get turned off by the judgmental posts - from any poster. I love debate too, but I try to keep it factual and not switch sides of the argument between post. At the end of the day, we are all supposed to be Titans fans and we all show our support differently. Keep on Posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back