Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read, the plate wasn't to speed recovery but to better stabilize the foot vs just screws.

Dr. Geoff Watson of the Bone and Joint Institute explained to A to Z Sports Nashville that most fractures of that nature are repaired with just a screw. Henry's was repaired with a screw and a plate.

"He actually had a plate and screws to stabilize it, so they made a little bit bigger incision," Watson said. "Then, they put a plate on the outside of the bone where the tension side is, and that helps to prevent that bone from capping."

How did that impact Henry? Well, it put the six-week mark in his rehab out of reach, but it helped to further stabilize the injury and remove tension from the foot, as Watson described. The longer recovery timeline still had Henry on track for a playoff return, so it seems that the Titans had an eye on making sure his foot was fully healed before activating him.
Yes, usually it’s a screw put in from the posterior aspect of the bone through the fracture site. It’s actually imbedded past the surface, and basically sucks both sides of the fracture site back together. I have seen two screws used before, just never a plate. Wonder why plates aren’t used more often for “capping”, since a superior majority of these patients are athletes.

From what I read, the plate wasn't to speed recovery but to better stabilize the foot vs just screws.

Dr. Geoff Watson of the Bone and Joint Institute explained to A to Z Sports Nashville that most fractures of that nature are repaired with just a screw. Henry's was repaired with a screw and a plate.

"He actually had a plate and screws to stabilize it, so they made a little bit bigger incision," Watson said. "Then, they put a plate on the outside of the bone where the tension side is, and that helps to prevent that bone from capping."

How did that impact Henry? Well, it put the six-week mark in his rehab out of reach, but it helped to further stabilize the injury and remove tension from the foot, as Watson described. The longer recovery timeline still had Henry on track for a playoff return, so it seems that the Titans had an eye on making sure his foot was fully healed before activating him.
It was really to get him on the field quicker at full speed. The plate was selected to handle the stress his big body puts on that bone while cutting. With just a screw(s), it would take well over 6 months to be able to sustain that. The soft tissue healing was a bit longer due to the longer incision required, but foot could handle the stress he puts on it much sooner with the plate than just screws.

A 30 year old two down back isn't receiving interest from other teams? Wow imagine that.
I suppose the bright side is you also realize that all the rumors are BS. No reason to believe any not dealing with Henry either.

Couple days left of people getting paid to lie on Twitter under the guise of “journalism” or “reporting” until the draft.

Henry is our best threat on offense, you keep him if you want to take another crack at the playoffs. But if we're going into rebuild mode, then it would make no sense to keep Henry when he's pushing 30.

Henry is our best threat on offense, you keep him if you want to take another crack at the playoffs. But if we're going into rebuild mode, then it would make no sense to keep Henry when he's pushing 30.
Disagree.
Even if titans are “rebuilding” and go for a QB with no expectations of post season and expectations of an early draft pick in 24’, it still makes sense to ride Henry into the ground.

not only does he help any rookie QB by taking the attention of every D (30 aside, he’s still easily that dominant) but since he apparently has not trade value, why give another team a healthy guy capable of leading the league in rushing?

Disagree.
Even if titans are “rebuilding” and go for a QB with no expectations of post season and expectations of an early draft pick in 24’, it still makes sense to ride Henry into the ground.

not only does he help any rookie QB by taking the attention of every D (30 aside, he’s still easily that dominant) but since he apparently has not trade value, why give another team a healthy guy capable of leading the league in rushing?

Right. What better help could you give a rookie QB than a RB that teams are forced to focus on? (Besides a good OLine).

IF the Titans take a QB this year, he sits behind Tanny and learns... If Henry has a big year, I'd extend him and let the rookie have the luxury of having a RB that can take the pressure off of him. It makes perfect sense.

Right. What better help could you give a rookie QB than a RB that teams are forced to focus on? (Besides a good OLine).

IF the Titans take a QB this year, he sits behind Tanny and learns... If Henry has a big year, I'd extend him and let the rookie have the luxury of having a RB that can take the pressure off of him. It makes perfect sense.
100%.
No matter which QB if one is taken, needs to sit out season 1.
I’d say the same for next year too if we don’t snag a QB this year.

im also for whatever needs to happen to get Henry a full career in Nashville.

Well.....Eddie should be there

EG was a good RB. He had the luxury of starting every game except for his last year in the league and over 300 carries for 8 seasons straight.

That being said, Henry has started a little over half the games, 1100 less carries (that's almost 4 seasons worth) and is behind EG by 2100 yards and ahead in TDs by 10. Averaging over a yard per carry better also.

If Henry wouldn't have sat behind Murray the first 2+ seasons, he'd be blowing Eddie out of the water in every category, easily. Plus, he has 2 more seasons to pass EG in yardage (easily attainable).

I think there are a lot of RBs ahead of EG in a HOF bid and Henry could easily be a better HOF pick by the end of his career.

Henry should never play for another team. I want A Titan HOF RB.
I agree. As I pointed out in the above post, if Henry had been a full time starter from his rookie season on, he'd be a lock as the best Titans RB and up there for HOF considerations already... And I believe he still has some good years left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back