Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not happen right now but it could by the trade deadline? This article makes some sense in that regard

NFL Exec: Titans' Derrick Henry 'Perfect' Trade-Deadline Candidate to Get Most Value
Interesting.

Quote from the article:

"Alas, Titans general manager Ran Carthon told reporters that Henry is not on the trade block this offseason."

Sounds like more offseason nonsense from some blogger or whatever his qualifications as an "insider" are.

Tldr: pure clickbait

Interesting.

Quote from the article:

"Alas, Titans general manager Ran Carthon told reporters that Henry is not on the trade block this offseason."

Sounds like more offseason nonsense from some blogger or whatever his qualifications as an "insider" are.

Tldr: pure clickbait
Not that I want us to trade Henry, I don't...but Ran did say "not this offseason "...trade deadline is not this offseason;)

Not that I want us to trade Henry, I don't...but Ran did say "not this offseason "...trade deadline is not this offseason;)
I don’t know what Ran has said, I'm just going by what your article stated, the quote is straight from your source.

If the quote isn't accurate, what does that say about the credibility of the article itself?

See the report to the eagles it is out there. Thats why it does not go away
Just saw it. What's funny is I saw people saying Henry isn't worth trading for. Sleeping on a RB that had 1500 yards and double digit TDs in a "down" year.

I hope teams think Henry is done. Keep him in TN and watch him work.

Just saw it. What's funny is I saw people saying Henry isn't worth trading for. Sleeping on a RB that had 1500 yards and double digit TDs in a "down" year.

I hope teams think Henry is done. Keep him in TN and watch him work.
Henry gonna have a record year in TN.

Let's see how this one ages. I'm betting on the King.

I was worried about the plate that was added. I have witnessed many surgeries of this kind, and have never seen a plate used. @Riverman mentioned it was to expedite his return (I agree), but I was still worried about it. Base of fifth plate I guarantee he can feel with his fingers when he rubs it. He’s young and healthy, so looks like the right decision was made.

Henry is gonna be the next Frank gore but more like Frank gore 2.0. Guy is a gym beast, he's gonna do everything humanly possible to be at peak fitness.

I was worried about the plate that was added. I have witnessed many surgeries of this kind, and have never seen a plate used. @Riverman mentioned it was to expedite his return (I agree), but I was still worried about it. Base of fifth plate I guarantee he can feel with his fingers when he rubs it. He’s young and healthy, so looks like the right decision was made.
From what I read, the plate wasn't to speed recovery but to better stabilize the foot vs just screws.

Dr. Geoff Watson of the Bone and Joint Institute explained to A to Z Sports Nashville that most fractures of that nature are repaired with just a screw. Henry's was repaired with a screw and a plate.

"He actually had a plate and screws to stabilize it, so they made a little bit bigger incision," Watson said. "Then, they put a plate on the outside of the bone where the tension side is, and that helps to prevent that bone from capping."

How did that impact Henry? Well, it put the six-week mark in his rehab out of reach, but it helped to further stabilize the injury and remove tension from the foot, as Watson described. The longer recovery timeline still had Henry on track for a playoff return, so it seems that the Titans had an eye on making sure his foot was fully healed before activating him.

I would absolutely love it if Ran can out tomorrow and announced we extended Henry 2 more years in a baller mic drop moment.

I will settle for Kelly verbally agreeing to not taking him off the field every time in 3rd and medium..... lol

Every time King comes out, you literally can see the air come out of the offense, and correct guessing fly right into the defensive playcalling.

Derrick's pass catching has improved by alot - you need that element of scare for the rest of your mid down offense to work -- the idea of getting that stiff arm out in the flats against a 200lb safety or corner..

I will settle for Kelly verbally agreeing to not taking him off the field every time in 3rd and medium..... lol

Every time King comes out, you literally can see the air come out of the offense, and correct guessing fly right into the defensive playcalling.

Derrick's pass catching has improved by alot - you need that element of scare for the rest of your mid down offense to work -- the idea of getting that stiff arm out in the flats against a 200lb safety or corner..
Taking your best offensive threat off the field on 3rd down is the dumbest thing Vrabel does and it is 100% Vrabel, not the OC.

Taking your best offensive threat off the field on 3rd down is the dumbest thing Vrabel does and it is 100% Vrabel, not the OC.

I mean tomato, tomato.. lol

He continued to make excuses for Downing --- his out was the DUI thing, but continued to back him....

So they are both at fault, but the OC has the bigger responsibility because he sets the packages at the end of the call sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back