Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanahan is a really good offensive minded HC that knows how to put his QB's in great situations to thrive.

If he feels like he can't do anything with Lance, then Lance might already be considered damaged goods.

Shanahan/Lance was suppose to be Reid/Mahomes and that was the reason why they gave up so much.

Right now no one can convince me Trey Lance should be the future of this franchise. Malik Willis either so let's get some proper scouting done and find him.

Ran knows Lance better than anyone… if he trades for him then he thinks he is a franchise qb… if Ran goes another route at qb then he doesn’t

So we are going to pretend Malik Willis has trade value? Hahahahaha. No.
Why would Malik not have any value? He was extremely productive in college and has excellent athletic traits to develop. He was ALWAYS supposed to be a developmental prospect and never should have been thrown to the wolves last year behind the NFLs worst O-line and with the NFLs worst set of receivers and the under the NFLs worst offensive coordinator.

And another thing. Malik was a small school player coming into the NFL with no experience against NFL caliber players. I’d like to remind you that we had another small school QB join this team a while back from a school called Alcorn State. Steve McNair. McNair was allowed to sit his first two years to develop but was forced into starting a few games his rookie year just like Malik. MacNair and Malik both completed 51% of their passes. What’s my point? McNair was throwing to 3 time Pro bowler Frank Wycheck, 3 time Pro bowler Haywood Jeffries and Chris Sanders while behind a O-line that included 2 time Pro bowler Brad Hopkins, 5 time Pro bowler Mark Stepnowski and 14 time Pro bowler Bruce Mathews. Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage.

I’m just saying that writing Malik off at this point seems premature.

Last edited by a moderator:
And another thing. Malik was a small school player coming into the NFL with no experience against NFL caliber players. I’d like to remind you that we had another small school QB join this team a while back from a school called Alcorn State. Steve McNair. McNair was allowed to sit his first two years to develop but was forced into starting a few games his rookie year just like Malik. MacNair and Malik both completed 51% of their passes. What’s my point? McNair was throwing to 3 time Pro bowler Frank Wycheck, 3 time Pro bowler Haywood Jeffries and Chris Sanders while behind a O-line that included 2 time Pro bowler Brad Hopkins, 5 time Pro bowler Mark Stepnowski and 14 time Pro bowler Bruce Mathews. Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage.

McNair almost never threw to Jeffires. His rookie season was the only chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comparing Willis to #9 is hurtful, and you should feel bad.

Why would Malik not have any value? He was extremely productive in college and has excellent athletic traits to develop. He was ALWAYS supposed to be a developmental prospect and never should have been thrown to the wolves last year behind the NFLs worst O-line and with the NFLs worst set of receivers and the under the NFLs worst offensive coordinator.

Willis sucks. He'll never be an NFL QB and that's obvious by watching him play. The only thing he has going for him is looking halfway decent for 2 seasons in college playing against bad competition. He's shown nothing to convince anyone he can play against NFL competition. Probably the opposite.

McNair was a great competitor and as tough as they come, but no one outside of TN fans would call him a great QB. He had attributes that can't be taught or developed which is why fans love him so much. Not really because he was a great QB.

SF invested heavily in Lance so obviously they believe in his ability...why would they trade him for Willis who is a "project" QB? IF they want to trade him, it won't be for a QB that is practice squad material.

willis had experience against NFL talent... could not hack it in SEC and transferred to liberty - just sayin'

Only thing Willis has in common with McNair is pigmentation.

Why is Willis even compared to McNair anyways? Makes you wonder, huh?

Locker is a better comparison to McNair than Willis is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back