Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we end up in the 15-20 range (likely) it'll be harder to trade up and get that QB. Only QBs worth a damn next year are Williams and Maye, and they are likely to go 1 and 2. We can't keep kicking the can down the road on an aging roster with only 1 elite player younger than 29.
#1 Young is a maybe all the rest are big "No's"
#2 Go back to #1

That’s only until the season plays out and the combine happens, then there will be like 4-5 QBs that are considered top draft picks.
This is the process, it happens every year.

I’m still not sure why people think stroud or young are sure fire hits yet alone how Williams is already projecting as the #1 next year.
It’s all a crap shoot.

No one is a sure fire hit. But Young and Stroud are about are pretty elite as far as QB prospects go.

No one is a sure fire hit. But Young and Stroud are about are pretty elite as far as QB prospects go.

Young cerebral and can run but he HAS to get the ball out quicker. He was very hesitant last year. Possible he didn't trust his WR's as he didn't have anyone that was that reliable. I'm just not as certain he's a sure fire QB. I sense he's a couple of big hits away from being average.

Young cerebral and can run but he HAS to get the ball out quicker. He was very hesitant last year. Possible he didn't trust his WR's as he didn't have anyone that was that reliable. I'm just not as certain he's a sure fire QB. I sense he's a couple of big hits away from being average.
so he would be average as a Titan by second drive... assuming kelly as OC continues run, run, INC punt play calling

And another thing. Malik was a small school player coming into the NFL with no experience against NFL caliber players. I’d like to remind you that we had another small school QB join this team a while back from a school called Alcorn State. Steve McNair. McNair was allowed to sit his first two years to develop but was forced into starting a few games his rookie year just like Malik. MacNair and Malik both completed 51% of their passes. What’s my point? McNair was throwing to 3 time Pro bowler Frank Wycheck, 3 time Pro bowler Haywood Jeffries and Chris Sanders while behind a O-line that included 2 time Pro bowler Brad Hopkins, 5 time Pro bowler Mark Stepnowski and 14 time Pro bowler Bruce Mathews. Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage.

I’m just saying that writing Malik off at this point seems premature.
Yea but... look at their college production. Air Mac did what he was supposed to against players significantly inferior. Willis could run around inferior athletes, that does not make you a good QB. Steve was called "air" for a reason.

And another thing. Malik was a small school player coming into the NFL with no experience against NFL caliber players. I’d like to remind you that we had another small school QB join this team a while back from a school called Alcorn State. Steve McNair. McNair was allowed to sit his first two years to develop but was forced into starting a few games his rookie year just like Malik. MacNair and Malik both completed 51% of their passes. What’s my point? McNair was throwing to 3 time Pro bowler Frank Wycheck, 3 time Pro bowler Haywood Jeffries and Chris Sanders while behind a O-line that included 2 time Pro bowler Brad Hopkins, 5 time Pro bowler Mark Stepnowski and 14 time Pro bowler Bruce Mathews. Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage.

I’m just saying that writing Malik off at this point seems premature.

You are comparing guys 30 years apart. It's much easier to complete passes in today's NFL than it was when McNair was a rookie.

Downing was horrendous but Malik just looked completely lost. I was also highly disappointed in his mobility. For someone who reportedly runs in the 4.4 range, you sure wouldn't know it.

You are comparing guys 30 years apart. It's much easier to complete passes in today's NFL than it was when McNair was a rookie.

Downing was horrendous but Malik just looked completely lost. I was also highly disappointed in his mobility. For someone who reportedly runs in the 4.4 range, you sure wouldn't know it.
exclusive footage of malik's offseason backfield routine

the-three-stooges-yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back