Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Malik not have any value? He was extremely productive in college and has excellent athletic traits to develop. He was ALWAYS supposed to be a developmental prospect and never should have been thrown to the wolves last year behind the NFLs worst O-line and with the NFLs worst set of receivers and the under the NFLs worst offensive coordinator.
I wouldn’t say he was extremely productive in college. That was one of my gripes when we drafted him because he had very average production at a small school. If he were truly NFL caliber then he would have dominated at that level. His main issue is reads and progressions - not good at all. Throw in poor mechanics and you have a prospect with a very steep hill to climb to make it as a pro.

At best, if they spend 120 hours a week every single week of the year for about 6 years working him relentlessly, Malik will be a really average backup.

This is why teams need to quit 'assuming' that NDSU has anything of substance as a college program, to make a QB a first round pick....

Everyone keep saying that if San Fran invested so heavily in Lance, then it’s because they felt like he could be elite.

I would argue that if they are ready to deal him away so quickly after investing so much, that they now don’t believe he can be that generational franchise QB any longer for whatever reason.

If you ask me that would put a big “Buyer Beware” sign right on his back. If they still thought he could be the next Mahomes, no way in the world they would offload him this quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
And another thing. Malik was a small school player coming into the NFL with no experience against NFL caliber players. I’d like to remind you that we had another small school QB join this team a while back from a school called Alcorn State. Steve McNair. McNair was allowed to sit his first two years to develop but was forced into starting a few games his rookie year just like Malik. MacNair and Malik both completed 51% of their passes. What’s my point? McNair was throwing to 3 time Pro bowler Frank Wycheck, 3 time Pro bowler Haywood Jeffries and Chris Sanders while behind a O-line that included 2 time Pro bowler Brad Hopkins, 5 time Pro bowler Mark Stepnowski and 14 time Pro bowler Bruce Mathews. Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage.

I’m just saying that writing Malik off at this point seems premature.

Chris Sanders sucked and McNair never threw to Haywood Jeffries.

Trading for a qb is the height of stupidity this season. We have way too many positions to fill. Trade that 11 pick for a 20+ and a 2nd rounder, take BPA between WR and OLine at each pick. Next season, we can go after a QB.

Trading for a qb is the height of stupidity this season. We have way too many positions to fill. Trade that 11 pick for a 20+ and a 2nd rounder, take BPA between WR and OLine at each pick. Next season, we can go after a QB.

If we end up in the 15-20 range (likely) it'll be harder to trade up and get that QB. Only QBs worth a damn next year are Williams and Maye, and they are likely to go 1 and 2. We can't keep kicking the can down the road on an aging roster with only 1 elite player younger than 29.

Guard in the first

get a CB in the middle rounds

Every other pick should be an OL or WR

If we end up in the 15-20 range (likely) it'll be harder to trade up and get that QB. Only QBs worth a damn next year are Williams and Maye, and they are likely to go 1 and 2. We can't keep kicking the can down the road on an aging roster with only 1 elite player younger than 29.
That’s only until the season plays out and the combine happens, then there will be like 4-5 QBs that are considered top draft picks.
This is the process, it happens every year.

I’m still not sure why people think stroud or young are sure fire hits yet alone how Williams is already projecting as the #1 next year.
It’s all a crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back