Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left up to the corner? I'd need a bit of proof to believe that if the DC said to get their arse on the LoS to disrupt the route that they'd refuse.

I do see it often though. And I see teams get burned doing it often as well.
they should press in short situations I agree, but yes, many DCs leave it up to the corners judgment. ive seen DCs say as much

:disbelief:

On one hand, the defense has always been Vrabel's. Maybe Bowen is a decent DC if given more control.

On the other hand, 3rd-and-4 = CBs playing 7 yard off the LoS. If any of that is Bowen, he can get the hell out pronto.
Maybe it’s common practice with Bowen and not MacDonald? :pluck:

Wilson seems like such a hot commodity right now if BC wants him he better grab a leg like Amy did his and not let him leave the building.

Not a fan of keeping Bowen. Don’t really care if Vrabel Sabotaged his chances or not. The point was for fresh start and rebuild.
Internal hiring (or just retaining in this case) seems against that and just lingers of old titans ways.
The D played pretty well, even after big Jeff went down, but I don’t think it was anything overly impressive and there are plenty of games to reflect on while Simmons was in the lineup that were very un-impressive.
the lack of heart against the run was shameful

Sounds like he was a good DC besides stopping the run and allowing 90% third down conversions because the corners played off the ball in Murfreesboro?

:rimshot:

wouldnt be upset if we kept bowen, our defense has been solid, he's done well with the pieces we've had

:disbelief:

On one hand, the defense has always been Vrabel's. Maybe Bowen is a decent DC if given more control.

On the other hand, 3rd-and-4 = CBs playing 7 yard off the LoS. If any of that is Bowen, he can get the hell out pronto.

I've been contemplating this and did some stat checking. Bowen has been DC since 2021 and the Titans have allowed 20.7, 21.1, and 21.6 points per game in each year with 2023 being the worst and still around 15th in the league. It's not all doom and gloom, but I will agree there are things for the defense to work on under Bowen.

There are two big IFs that need to be included though:
1. If there is belief that Vrabel did some harm and stepped in, perhaps Bowen deserves a chance to prove himself?
2. If Callahan is offensive-minded and he can get the offensive side of the ball getting more than 21 a game, why not try it?

FLEISHMAN_FINE_16.jpg

I don't believe that there dis have full say in how far they play off. There are position coaches instructing and getting them into the best position to make bases based on the D that is called by the DC. of course DBs will have their preferences. but playing 10 yards off when they only need 5 is just dumb and if the players went against the staff , they should be cut. if the Dc and or Secondary coach teach it, then that is proof that we can do better

I don't believe that there dis have full say in how far they play off. There are position coaches instructing and getting them into the best position to make bases based on the D that is called by the DC. of course DBs will have their preferences. but playing 10 yards off when they only need 5 is just dumb and if the players went against the staff , they should be cut. if the Dc and or Secondary coach teach it, then that is proof that we can do better
Can we, though? People have been complaining about our DBs playing off for as long as I’ve been on this site (2006). So, is it a coaching problem or a fan perspective problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back