Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this was a joke that I remember from back then as the truth, but Pardee caught flack for not wearing a headset. So he started wearing one. But it was discovered that it was not connected and he wasn’t communicating with anyone. (They werent wireless back then, for the youngsters in the group )
Never heard that story.
I just know he was super passive.

Per Titans wire they are reporting that the Titans are having a hard time letting go of DC Shane Bowen.

"My current understanding is that the #Titans are holding on to Shane Bowen as they assess outside possibilities for defensive coordinator. Giants and Jaguars both interviewed him. JAX hired Ryan Nielsen." PK

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Titans wire they are reporting that the Titans are having a hard time letting go of DC Shane Bowen.

"My current understanding is that the #Titans are holding on to Shane Bowen as they assess outside possibilities for defensive coordinator. Giants and Jaguars both interviewed him. JAX hired Ryan Nielsen." PK

Surely it's not that hard trying to find a new DC.

Surely it's not that hard trying to find a new DC.
I think what is it is, is that we finally go with a OC minded head coach for once, but they have no connections on the defensive side of the ball. I saw Mike Herndon say we should keep Bowen because he was one of the top defenses to go against Callahan/Taylor with the Bengals.

I think what is it is, is that we finally go with a OC minded head coach for once, but they have no connections on the defensive side of the ball. I saw Mike Herndon say we should keep Bowen because he was one of the top defenses to go against Callahan/Taylor with the Bengals.
I don't know if that's the case. He's been in the league for 13 years and has a ton of connections, including his pops. The reality might be that Bowen isn't as bad as we feel. Especially now hearing that Vrabel sometimes highjacked play calls and strategies.

I wouldn't hate the idea of keeping Bowen, but I'd want to bring in someone else too like we did with Schwartz.

Bowen needs to go and probably never should have had the job but was Vrabel buddy. Our defense under achieved under him. Gave up third and long at a historic rate wouldn't blitz and did not get the most out of talent he had

Bowen needs to go and probably never should have had the job but was Vrabel buddy. Our defense under achieved under him. Gave up third and long at a historic rate wouldn't blitz and did not get the most out of talent he had
Yea but we just don't know how much was Vrabel vs Bowden. He deserves the right to plead his case (assuming he wants the job) and we should trust Callahan to made the best decision given all the options.

Someone like a Ron Rivera might not be an option although I did see he interviewed with the Rams. Coaches may want to go to contenders too.

wouldnt be upset if we kept bowen, our defense has been solid, he's done well with the pieces we've had
:disbelief:

On one hand, the defense has always been Vrabel's. Maybe Bowen is a decent DC if given more control.

On the other hand, 3rd-and-4 = CBs playing 7 yard off the LoS. If any of that is Bowen, he can get the hell out pronto.

Not a fan of keeping Bowen. Don’t really care if Vrabel Sabotaged his chances or not. The point was for fresh start and rebuild.
Internal hiring (or just retaining in this case) seems against that and just lingers of old titans ways.
The D played pretty well, even after big Jeff went down, but I don’t think it was anything overly impressive and there are plenty of games to reflect on while Simmons was in the lineup that were very un-impressive.

that's usually left up to the CBs, and is more common than you might think
Left up to the corner? I'd need a bit of proof to believe that if the DC said to get their arse on the LoS to disrupt the route that they'd refuse.

I do see it often though. And I see teams get burned doing it often as well.

Left up to the corner? I'd need a bit of proof to believe that if the DC said to get their arse on the LoS to disrupt the route that they'd refuse.

I do see it often though. And I see teams get burned doing it often as well.
For the amount of times the secondary got burned NOT playing on the LoS, I’d think the tighter play at least couldn’t hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back