Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
This is more for just trading him for a late pick so that he has a better chance of getting a ring, because he definitely deserves it.

No I'm not going crazy, as I never thought I'd say this, but it maybe time to get something for Henry even if it's a late round pick.

It's clear as day Henry is done and could give a team like the Ravens or Cowboys clear value. Would love to see Henry win a SB. It's just not going to happen with us.

Henry brings us value if our defense is our backbone and does their thing like the past 2 years, but if our defense is as bad as they've been this season, Henry means nothing to this team.

Give the GOAT a chance to win a SB.

It's also apparent besides the Bengals game that the Henry runs have been boring. He no longer has the 70 yard TD runs in him.

Defense is bullish than Henry is an asset to us. Defense is crap, then it's time to get something for Henry (which sucks to say, as he's been our savior for years)

He can't make the OL give him an opening more than once a game

I fault no one until the OL is addressed in a serious manner

I'm not quite on the same page, but I've at least opened the front cover. I would still give it a few weeks, get closer to the trade deadline (10.31) and see how the next few games play out. But I'm certainly not opposed to the idea on it's face.

I'm not quite on the same page, but I've at least opened the front cover. I would still give it a few weeks, get closer to the trade deadline (10.31) and see how the next few games play out. But I'm certainly not opposed to the idea on it's face.

Yeah it's tough to comprehend.

I just want to see Henry get a SB ring so bad. He deserves it. It just won't happen with us.

You don’t trade Henry period.
Glad to see Spears doing well but you won’t get something in return even remotely close to what we know Henry can do.
if the OL could help a bit, this guy easily puts that 30+ BS to bed. He’s not the issue at all.

Glad to see Spears doing well but you won’t get something in return even remotely close to what we know Henry can do.
if the OL could help a bit, this guy easily puts that 30+ BS to bed. He’s not the issue at all.

"If the OL could help a bit"?

That's the thing. With this awful OL, Henry deserves way better.

Derrick Henry should play until he is ready to retire then be made team president

"If the OL could help a bit"?

That's the thing. With this awful OL, Henry deserves way better.
It’d be great to get all the awesome Titans some rings, but not only will that not ever happen, it’s the Titans that need to get the ring.

poor McNair, Mason, and Rolle we’re all Shipped off to a disgusting s**thole of a rival. I would never wish something like that on Henry.

BB mastered the art of trading away his star players before the hit 'the wall.' I think there are lessons to be learned from that approach.

I never understood the whole "want this person to get a ring even if it's not with us"

Would you have felt good if McNair won a ring with the Ravens? nope

This is why I am all about running Henry into the ground for stats.. we know we aren't going to win the SB any time soon, so get the stats. If he is top 5 RB of all time in whatever category, our logo should be next to his name

I never understood the whole "want this person to get a ring even if it's not with us"

Would you have felt good if McNair won a ring with the Ravens? nope

This is why I am all about running Henry into the ground for stats.. we know we aren't going to win the SB any time soon, so get the stats. If he is top 5 RB of all time in whatever category, our logo should be next to his name

Does Haynesworth, Byard or AJ Brown deserve to win a SB? Nah.

But someone like McNair and Henry deserve to win a SB? Absolutely. Those 2 gave it all they have. There's no 2 players that deserve to win a ring, regardless of grumpy basement dwellers like you think.

He can't make the OL give him an opening more than once a game

I fault no one until the OL is addressed in a serious manner

Run blocking has been awful but it’s clear just by how he moves, DH22 isn’t the same, and it wouldn’t be fair to expect him to be, he’s pushing 30, coming off a major foot injury, and has been taking a beating. DH22 isn’t done by any means, but he’s no longer anything close to elite, he’s an above average back at this point that will have flashes of vintage DH22 every now and then. Spears has been playing well but there’s no way Spears will be nearly as effective if you trade DH22 and plug in Spears as the starter, when Spears is in the game, defenses doesn’t key in on him. Stop force feeding it to DH22 up the middle, run more play action, and use him more in the passing game, and we can still get good production out of him.

His elite days are behind him, but DH22 is the greatest running back in Titans history in my book.

Does Haynesworth, Byard or AJ Brown deserve to win a SB? Nah.

But someone like McNair and Henry deserve to win a SB? Absolutely. Those 2 gave it all they have. There's no 2 players that deserve to win a ring, regardless of grumpy basement dwellers like you think.
nobody deserves it.. if that were true then dilfer 'deserved' his

I was actually thinking for the last two weeks that it’s obvious Spears is becoming a big part of the game plan and Henry is getting slowly less and less the main guy. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with him next season

Ehh I'd rather run him until the wheels fall off and let him pad some stats here rather than going somewhere else and ending up buried in the depth chart.

Ehh I'd rather run him until the wheels fall off and let him pad some stats here rather than going somewhere else and ending up buried in the depth chart.

pretty much, realistically DH22 can still break EG’s record this season. Even if he doesn’t, he’ll probably only need maybe a couple of hundred yards by next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back