Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, he's still pretty good in the open field and once he gets past the LOS. Problem is DH22 has never been quick to get to the LOS even in his best days (downside of being 6'3" with long legs), and granted the run blocking hasn't been good, he's significantly slower now at hitting the holes than before. And DH22 from a few years ago was not getting stuffed at the shoulder pads like he was yesterday even with poor blocking. 2023 DH22 we have now can only be good with good run blocking. It's not a coincidence his one good game this season, the o-line played played very well.

Honestly, he's still pretty good in the open field and once he gets past the LOS. Problem is DH22 has never been quick to get to the LOS even in his best days (downside of being 6'3" with long legs), and granted the run blocking hasn't been good, he's significantly slower now at hitting the holes than before. And DH22 from a few years ago was not getting stuffed at the shoulder pads like he was yesterday even with poor blocking. 2023 DH22 we have now can only be good with good run blocking. It's not a coincidence his one good game this season, the o-line played played very well.
Most RBs in the NFL look pretty good if they have huge holes. It's what separates the elite from everyone else.

Most RBs in the NFL look pretty good if they have huge holes. It's what separates the elite from everyone else.

During Henry’s best days, even when there weren’t any holes, he was still getting to the LOS much quicker and plowing through defenders against a stacked box. Unfortunately he’s an average player now and not effective anymore unless there is good run blocking. Starting Spears is only counter productive, the best thing to do is reduce Henry’s role, his best value is that he still lives rent free in defense coordinators’ heads. So take advantage and use him as a decoy more.

Quit running Henry on 4 and 1 in shotgun. Put him close to the line to gain as possible. Regular set he would have got that first down. Last couple of years we got to cute on short yardage play calls.

this 1980's running first to setup the pass is the reason why the titans haven't scored 30 pts in ages. Titans reluctance to throw to open lanes for the run is just stupid and stubborn

During Henry’s best days, even when there weren’t any holes, he was still getting to the LOS much quicker and plowing through defenders against a stacked box. Unfortunately he’s an average player now and not effective anymore unless there is good run blocking. Starting Spears is only counter productive, the best thing to do is reduce Henry’s role, his best value is that he still lives rent free in defense coordinators’ heads. So take advantage and use him as a decoy more.
This is basically what I was saying. Our play action has been by far out best offense this season.

Quit running Henry on 4 and 1 in shotgun. Put him close to the line to gain as possible. Regular set he would have got that first down. Last couple of years we got to cute on short yardage play calls.
That delay run on 4th down to Henry against Bengals was one of the worst plays we have ever run. How fucking stupid that was....

You don't trade a franchise icon for a late round pick. Now if he asks to be traded to get ring, that's one thing. But you don't trade him just to trade him.

All I can imagine is that there was a total lack of faith the interior OL would get a push.

I’d QB sneak 100% of the time and use 22 as a decoy and help pushing.

Anybody wanna talk about price you’d take for trade?

The King is my all time fave Titan. Edged out McNair. I’d trade him though on 2 conditions:

1. It’d be a team he agreed to and
2. 2nd round with conditions to 1st eg- Super bowl appearance or a second and a 3rd.

The King is my all time fave Titan. Edged out McNair. I’d trade him though on 2 conditions:

2. 2nd round with conditions to 1st eg- Super bowl appearance or a second and a 3rd.
The KC Chiefs.

A 2nd and a 3rd i could get along with given he wants to go. 2nd next year and 3rd the following or 2nd if he blows up.

I wonder what Henry's legacy will end up being for us should be be traded or play for another team after this season. Will we think of him as another CJ2K 10 years from now? After that 2019 playoff run I thought he'd end up so much better.

I wonder what Henry's legacy will end up being for us should be be traded or play for another team after this season. Will we think of him as another CJ2K 10 years from now? After that 2019 playoff run I thought he'd end up so much better.
He’s already surpassed just about anything CJ2K did even GT cartoons
:henry: Vs :cj:

not sure what you mean about the 2019 playoff run as if that was the best Henry brought.
He was great that year postseason but he also ran for 2K the next season, then got #2 for rushing title after returning from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back