Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we start to see some names I expect Thomas Brown will be our OC. Him being g brought on as OC after interviewing as a HC seems in line with Amy's Vrabel/LeFleur pairing. It also pairs Callahan with a young OC with upside, a similar pairing with him and Zac Taylor.

I know he wouldn't be the most popular hire but I'd be happy with it. His history with Sean McVay means he will be compatible with Callahan's offensive system.

A lot of Bengals fans were happy to see Callahan go but were scared to lose Dan Pitcher or wanted Joe Brady to be brought in. Possible candidates for us as well assuming Cinci doesn't promote Pitcher.

A lot of Bengals fans were happy to see Callahan go but were scared to lose Dan Pitcher or wanted Joe Brady to be brought in. Possible candidates for us as well assuming Cinci doesn't promote Pitcher.

He has been interviewing with other teams for an OC spot. So he is open to leaving Cinci it appears.

Dan Pitcher might be a pipe dream given his other interviews, unless he just really really loves Callahan. If anything, Troy Walters, their WR coach and the OC back at UCF when they "co-won" a national championship makes sense.
Troy Walters - Wikipedia

Either way, I would much rather he go with someone outside of his natural organization. I prefer a collaborative mind meld of different strategies, as opposed to just incubating his existing philosophy with believers from the same system. This decision will speak to his character and his willingness/desire to continue to learn, grow, and develop himself as a coach. Vrabel did this with Lafleur and Schwartz, but didn't seem to learn anything from it, which is crazy and was his inevitable downfall.

If he'd like to keep Henry, which would have to be a collaborative agreement between him and Ran, I honestly wouldn't be against bringing Art back. I didn't like it with Vrabel at the helm, but with a different offensive minded HC, it could work.

Dan Pitcher might be a pipe dream given his other interviews, unless he just really really loves Callahan. If anything, Troy Walters, their WR coach and the OC back at UCF when they "co-won" a national championship makes sense.
Troy Walters - Wikipedia

Either way, I would much rather he go with someone outside of his natural organization. I prefer a collaborative mind meld of different strategies, as opposed to just incubating his existing philosophy with believers from the same system. This decision will speak to his character and his willingness/desire to continue to learn, grow, and develop himself as a coach. Vrabel did this with Lafleur and Schwartz, but didn't seem to learn anything from it, which is crazy and was his inevitable downfall.

If he'd like to keep Henry, which would have to be a collaborative agreement between him and Ran, I honestly wouldn't be against bringing Art back. I didn't like it with Vrabel at the helm, but with a different offensive minded HC, it could work.

Art certainly didnt light it up at Atlanta. Atlanta fans seem to pretty much loathe him.

Art certainly didnt light it up at Atlanta. Atlanta fans seem to pretty much loathe him.
He was a good offensive coordinator that being said I don’t think bringing coaches back is a good idea it’s time for a new Era. Only one I’d be ok with signing is Munch as OL coach.

He was a good offensive coordinator that being said I don’t think bringing coaches back is a good idea it’s time for a new Era. Only one I’d be ok with signing is Munch as OL coach.
I could have been OC that year, stood back and watched Henry run for 2k yards while Tannehill was throwing lasers to our receivers. He was the beneficiary of Henry and Tannehill, not the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back