Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think part of the problem is we don't know anything at all about him. He hasn't been active for a single game this year, so hard to exactly put any trust that he can come in and do anything yet.

Maybe he can be eased in later, but it sure would have been nice if he'd already been getting some good practice and occasional game time.

All true but the reason we have not seen him, except for the last two games in which he was inactive is that he was on the Covid list. Is t that right? So he has basically been on the shelf with Covid and has had hardly any practice or preseason. Should we really be surprised he hasn’t been in any games yet? So what you outline should be completely expected given the situation.

My guess is he will get every chance to play now. His practice reps will increase significantly.

Frankly, I don’t want him for Pittsburgh. They have excelled in making their defense complicated, and if he is struggling at all in that regard, he doesn’t need to be out there. They will eat him alive.

Frankly, I don’t want him for Pittsburgh. They have excelled in making their defense complicated, and if he is struggling at all in that regard, he doesn’t need to be out there. They will eat him alive.

In general that is probably true. Work him into some packages perhaps, but starting him in this game is likely risky. Ty will start at LT and Kelly at RT.

One thing which has to help is that the Titans have studied the Steelers and have a gameplan already in place.

Extra time to prepare is always good.

A knee brace does not eliminate ACL tears. The way he tore his, a brace would have done nothing to stop according to this doctor, and frankly from what I saw of the injury and having played the position myself. That was bound to happen just because of the way he landed and twisted.

In fact, there's not really good evidence to show that they help at all.
These studies don’t show anything.
Here’s a challenge, show me an OL who tore his ACL while wearing a brace.

I thought Wilson was "the rookie".
Oh. No, in this case I was referring to Sambrailo.

I was way wrong too. Never saw or heard of him before so I thought he was a rookie. Guy has 6 years.

So, I hope the 6 year vet is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, why would anyone have faith Wilson can help this team? I just don't see it.

I think we'll end up getting more help from Simmons as a rookie coming off an ACL as we will Wilson this season.
I think he still has the opportunity to help.

His off the field junk is stupid but it’s not like he’s the first NFL guy to do it.

He was a first round pick from a guy with a pretty good draft record. I’m sure wilson still needs to get in “game shape” (or whatever Clowney’s excuse is) but I expect him to be at least a serviceable T based on JRobs selection.

Well I think part of the problem is we don't know anything at all about him. He hasn't been active for a single game this year, so hard to exactly put any trust that he can come in and do anything yet.

Maybe he can be eased in later, but it sure would have been nice if he'd already been getting some good practice and occasional game time.
I mean, every player has to step on the field and prove they can play. I think most of the hate Wilson gets is from the off field stuff. We haven't seen him play. He may be a beast. He may be a bust. We may have to find out soon.

One thing which has to help is that the Titans have studied the Steelers and have a gameplan already in place.

Extra time to prepare is always good.
I expect a lot more screens. We tried to force some against Houston. Didn't really work, but I like the attempts. Art can get creative. Also, even before Henry's OT catch, I've noticed that last couple games he's generally been open on those swing passes. A handful of those coming near the goal line. He's just never one of the first reads. I'll expect to see more targets for Henry and big Mac out of the backfield.

We don't seem to run a lot of draws. Am I wrong in that? Good time to throw some in.

I think he still has the opportunity to help.

His off the field junk is stupid but it’s not like he’s the first NFL guy to do it.

He was a first round pick from a guy with a pretty good draft record. I’m sure wilson still needs to get in “game shape” (or whatever Clowney’s excuse is) but I expect him to be at least a serviceable T based on JRobs selection.
I don't know why... it's a terrible idea... but I really really want to see Wilson line up as the eligible tackle and catch a TD. Then put him in at FB and run him up the gut.

I don't know why... it's a terrible idea... but I really really want to see Wilson line up as the eligible tackle and catch a TD. Then put him in at FB and run him up the gut.
I think you could have something if we lined up his big ‘ol fanny at the goal line.

Sounds as if the need for surgery is still up in the air based on this Vrabel quote in the Tennessean:

"Vrabel added that Lewan would be placed on injured reserved soon, and wouldn't speculate about whether the left tackle could return for a potential playoff run"

( Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan suffers torn ACL)
What was Saquan Barkley's injury everyone expected to cost him months that he came back after like 2 weeks in 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back