Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
A year ago, I think the Titans would have traded him for a late-round pick.

There are a lot of players who will need new deals and few teams give big ones to RBs anymore.

Should the Titans pay Henry?

I think you have to, he is our entire offense. If we really think this team is close then we can't let our best guy on offense go when we have no one behind him.

Extend Henry, Resign Tannehill, Cut/trade Lewan, Saffold can GTFO

then it’s :trophy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry walks tall (speaks softly) and carries a big stick. He’s good for the locker room. He doesn’t b!tch and whine like some of these other RB’s that are supposedly better.

It comes down to the price.

Just took a look at the salaries, it's pretty hilarious (and sad) that Dion is making $4.95 million/year while Henry is at $1.35 million/year

Yes but he needs to keep working on his blocking/picking up the blocks.

I'd like to see a few more routes for him to keep testing those hands. Screens are great but I think he can actually do more.

At this point you gotta sign him. There’s some things he needs to work on but he’s a big reason aside from Tanne why the Titans are back in the hunt. He currently sits at #4 in rushing in the NFL with 832yds and doing it behind an inconsistent Oline. I know people don’t like the “at this rate ” prediction but he’s roughly on pace for 1300yds and a dozen or so tds. He’s gotta average 80yds the rest of the way and I think we can all agree it’s definitely doable. Hard to argue not resigning him if he keeps this up and hits those numbers.

Without a doubt. Nothing better than watching Henry in open space and you know he's about to go for a long gain.

How we used Henry yesterday is how we all expected we would use him when we drafted him.

Get him someone else to pair with and he'll be just fine.

giphy.webp

Let's talk what it'll take:

D. Johnson got three-years, $39 million. Avg. $13M per. Guaranteed $31.9M.
Bell got four-years, $52.5 million. Avg. $13.1M per. Guaranteed $27M.
Gurley got four-years, $57.5 million. Avg. $14.8M per. Guaranteed $45M.
Elliott got six-years, $90 million. Avg. $15M per. Guaranteed $50M.

So I expect Henry will get a four or five-year deal in the range of $55M-$60M. $13M or $14M per. Guaranteed $35-45M.

You have to possibly do a deal with Tanny, L. Ryan and maybe Conklin. Here's a list of all '20 UFAs: 2020 NFL Free Agents Tracker

Well, I usually say NO...that RB's are rented MULES...ride em hard...draft another one in 4 years. But, BDH is different. For his size he doesn't seem to take "the big hit" and so far has avoided any significant injury. So, as long as it wasn't a RB record deal I say YES....besides...if SOQFG is worth his contract, BDH is worth that much at least to the success of the team.....

And to add to the mix, here's how it's working out for the highest-paid RBs in rushing yards:

Elliott #7
Gurley #23
Bell #20
Johnson #41

I don’t see how you can’t, unless the grand plan is to change the scheme of this team in the next year or two (and it’s the Titans so you know that’s not happening) based on who we draft as a QB. Not sure of the numbers tbh, but I would guess when Henry has significant statistical games we win and when he doesn’t we probably don’t. When he gets going he is almost impossible to stop, imagine if the O line was marginally better and if the dumb penalty’s didn’t kill drives what those numbers might look like.

Absolutely not. He’s a one dimensional back. Don’t get me wrong, he’s great at what he does but not worth huge $. Only a complete back is worth big $ and they rarely are. Too easy to replace. That’s how you get in cap trouble overpaying one dimensional players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back