Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we didnt get it for cheap because we have a 20mil player on the roster right now who isnt doing 1/10th of what Henry is doing. We paid the wrong person. Now we should fix that and pay the right person. Consider it a little back pay for what he has already done for the team.

The point is you never pay for past performance in a salary cap league...that is not a way to be suction the future.

Literally ever second contract is based on past performance....every one....

Of course. But you are using that information to project the future performance you want to pay for. You are not pay for what was done in the past. You don’t say, since you were under paid for 4 years we will now pay more now because of that.

Of course. But you are using that information to project the future performance you want to pay for. You are not pay for what was done in the past. You don’t say, since you were under paid for 4 years we will now pay more now because of that.
Fine....we can agree on that....he just won the rushing title and is still only 26 ....
Pay the man

The point is you never pay for past performance in a salary cap league...that is not a way to be suction the future.
Sure. But I have no reason to think that Henry's best football isn't in front of him. He's young. He has next to no injury history.

Jrob seems pretty good at writing contracts we can get out of relatively easily a couple of years in if need be.

We have wake, walker, and Lewis money to shed. Davis contract will be gone in a year or two. I can't imagine Casey much longer than that.

I think it's manageable.

It does us no good to draft well if all were doing is replacing (or in this case probably not fully replacing) talent we let walk out the door. In order to go from good to great, we need to as much as possible keep the good we have, and add more.

Well, same is true for every player.....anyone could blow out a knee any any play.....boom career over

Well that is not what I am talking about. That would just suck. The issues will be our cap situation an his production...and our general success.

Sure. But I have no reason to think that Henry's best football isn't in front of him. He's young. He has next to no injury history.

Jrob seems pretty good at writing contracts we can get out of relatively easily a couple of years in if need be.

We have wake, walker, and Lewis money to shed. Davis contract will be gone in a year or two. I can't imagine Casey much longer than that.

I think it's manageable.

It does us no good to draft well if all were doing is replacing (or in this case probably not fully replacing) talent we let walk out the door. In order to go from good to great, we need to as much as possible keep the good we have, and add more.

I was just responding to a post arguing we can think of a new contract in terms of paying for previous production.

If we do pay him I agree it is good he is young. And we can free up more space, no doubt. But the question is keeping players in the future. Maybe it will not be an issue—hard for me to believe.

No one is arguing that another back can do what Henry does for cheaper. NO ONE. If we don’t sign Henry we will lose production at the position. That is a given. But how much will you lose vs how much you gain or keep at other positions is the issue. It is cost benefit analysis. With what we save on Henry can we improve enough at other spots where we can win as many or more games without him.

You're concerned about the long-term success of the team. I get it. But we just went 13 years without a playoff win and 8 without an appearance. Why? Not because we ran out of cap room, but because we hardly had any players worth a damn for over a decade.

We finally have some players worth paying for, and Henry has carried this team for the last season and a half and can continue to do so. We aren't in the playoffs without him. Maybe most RBs aren't worth it for most teams, but considering how Tennessee runs their offense, he's worth it for us. Outside of the last 10 games from Tanny, we have NEVER won games consistently without pounding the rock.

Cap space does us no good if we let Henry go and return to mediocrity.

Get him paid. He doesn't care about the stats he's putting. He's a total team 1st attitude player with sensational ability and that's something you dont get alot of in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back