Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

“Odunze is a more polished Quinton Johnston.” - Me

I get a lot of Corey Davis vibes from Odunze.

I am not opposed to drafting him, but it better not be at 7. Assuming that Alt/Fashanu/MHII/Nabers are all gone (very unlikely), then I would much rather trade out of the No. 7 spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a lot of Corey Davis vibes from Odunze.

I am not opposed to drafting him, but it better not be at 7. Assuming that Alt/Fashanu/MHII/Nabers are all gone (very unlikely), then I would much rather trade out of the No. 7 spot.

I don't get this comp at all. Odunze has legit speed, he's going to run in the low 4.3's if not the high 4.2's. Davis was like 4.45 - 4.5.

I think a better comp is a bigger Chris Olave.

I don't get this comp at all. Odunze has legit speed, he's going to run in the low 4.3's if not the high 4.2's. Davis was like 4.45 - 4.5.

I think a better comp is a bigger Chris Olave.
He might run that fast at the combine or pro days, but he doesn’t play that fast. That doesn’t mean he won’t be great, but I doubt he’s going to be Tyreek or a burner in the NFL.

BUT if we lost vs Miami and Jags we would be at 4, with Callahan at HC Harrison could be a very good possibility.
a highly respected message board expert assured me that getting a few more spots up in the draft isnt worth anything

surely the difference between 7 and 4 is nothing.... either we'll get the same players or a trade up will be cheap... surely...

unless that expert was... not an expert?!

leave it to complacent titans fans to not want a sure-fire player that actually scores touchdowns. many here have been trained well by the status quo.

a highly respected message board expert assured me that getting a few more spots up in the draft isnt worth anything

surely the difference between 7 and 4 is nothing.... either we'll get the same players or a trade up will be cheap... surely...

And you can't mention that or you've got "loser mentality"...4th overall is 4th in all rounds

Cue the "experts"........

leave it to complacent titans fans to not want a sure-fire player that actually scores touchdowns. many here have been trained well by the status quo.
Speaking of status quo,
Look at the NFL media hype, all QB and WR (and receiving TE) talk all the time. Basically the glamour positions.

not sure how a OL is status quo especially in regards to a “sure fire” pick. Does being an important position help scores TDs or is it all irrelevant as long as there’s a QB and WR running around?

no one has anything more than a speculation on the “guarantee” picks.
What’s the value difference of a 10 year WR at #4 vs a 10 year LT at #7? Of course no one knows if that’s what someone is getting.

And you can't mention that or you've got "loser mentality"...4th overall is 4th in all rounds

Cue the "experts"........
Go through history.
prove the overall value of #4 every round vs #7 every round?
What’s the difference in some sort of quantifiable way?

I’ve already broken down the generalities of round 1 picks. The evidence shows there is not a significant difference from 1-5 vs 6-10 or 11-20 based on the production of the last 20 years.
And with the same 20 years reviewed, the team success is generally worse despite multiple top 5 picks vs multiple late round picks. Note teams like Jax, Chi, NYJ, Was vs Balt, Pit, GB, Sea.

Go through history.
prove the overall value of #4 every round vs #7 every round?
What’s the difference in some sort of quantifiable way?

I’ve already broken down the generalities of round 1 picks. The evidence shows there is not a significant difference from 1-5 vs 6-10 or 11-20 based on the production of the last 20 years.
And with the same 20 years reviewed, the team success is generally worse despite multiple top 5 picks vs multiple late round picks. Note teams like Jax, Chi, NYJ, Was vs Balt, Pit, GB, Sea.
100% picking 4th better than picking 7th

100% keeping Tarpkitties out of POs worth that difference

Okay. So, we would have had to lose to the Dolphins and the Jags to get to 5. Still not high enough to get MHJ. So, we would have had to lose to the Panthers, too. Deciding to tank in week 10 would have been the stupidest decision ever. It wouldn’t have worked. I get you want MHJ, I do too. But, just saying we shouldn’t win games anymore in week 10 is ridiculous. We still had a chance to make the playoffs in week 10.

Okay. So, we would have had to lose to the Dolphins and the Jags to get to 5. Still not high enough to get MHJ. So, we would have had to lose to the Panthers, too. Deciding to tank in week 10 would have been the stupidest decision ever. It wouldn’t have worked. I get you want MHJ, I do too. But, just saying we shouldn’t win games anymore in week 10 is ridiculous. We still had a chance to make the playoffs in week 10.
i didnt say anything about the team tanking after week 10. tanking isnt real anyways.

some here shit all over anyone who didnt want to win meaningless games when we were already eliminated, and acted like proper dkholes about it, even going as far as to claim being higher in the draft meant nothing and has no benefits. that's what this is referring to.

remember that time miami was winning by 2 scores with 5 mins left in the game... then Titans happened and the fish got the rock back with just under 2 mins left down by a point... then GOAT Tua did not even get the pass off on 4th and 2 for a victory formation Titans win in miami against the then top team in the AFC

100% worth the Fing draft position hit every time

remember that time miami was winning by 2 scores with 5 mins left in the game... then Titans happened and the fish got the rock back with just under 2 mins left down by a point... then GOAT Tua did not even get the pass off on 4th and 2 for a victory formation Titans win in miami against the then top team in the AFC

100% worth the Fing draft position hit every time
Just think, if Miami had lost more games in 2019, they could have gotten Justin Herbert Jalen hurts or Jordan love and they could’ve converted the 4 and 2.
Oh, those guys were drafted AFTER Tua?
Nevermind.

i didnt say anything about the team tanking after week 10. tanking isnt real anyways.

some here **** all over anyone who didnt want to win meaningless games when we were already eliminated, and acted like proper dkholes about it, even going as far as to claim being higher in the draft meant nothing and has no benefits. that's what this is referring to.
So, people being nasty to each other over opinions that have no tangible bearing on reality? Got it.

Some of them get a boner for draft picks. They sit there fantasizing about how great all these college boys are going to be. That's why most people here love trading down in the draft, more picks equal more dreaming.

The gap between an elite WR an other top receivers is huge. I don't want another receive the draft experts give a first round grade. I want the superstar who forces defenses to alter the way they play.

Sure we have holes, we also have enough cap space to fill holes with low-to-mid priced free agents. Cap will be fine for a few years, we can afford to have a couple light drafts.

Some of them get a boner for draft picks. They sit there fantasizing about how great all these college boys are going to be. That's why most people here love trading down in the draft, more picks equal more dreaming.

The gap between an elite WR an other top receivers is huge. I don't want another receive the draft experts give a first round grade. I want the superstar who forces defenses to alter the way they play.

Sure we have holes, we also have enough cap space to fill holes with low-to-mid priced free agents. Cap will be fine for a few years, we can afford to have a couple light drafts.
if only I had faith Titans could actually acquire even NFL average talent in FA

this has proven pretty real unpossuble the last few years

Latest posts

Back