Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoTitans3801 said:
When production outweighs compensation, they have those crazy bonus checks . . . the article came out a few weeks ago. Anything beyond that is ridiculous. FU TO. Same to all the other whiners.
You're right about the incentive that players get. This was in the April 1st Tennessean:

Cornerback Reynaldo Hill isn't the only Titan who recently cashed in on the NFL's performance-based pay program.

Hill received the biggest check ($177,889) on the team as part of the program, which was started in 2002 to supplement the salaries of players whose playing time in a given season is disproportionate to their compensation.

Defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch was next in line with a $119,603 payday, followed by tight end Bo Scaife ($116,779), safety Lamont Thompson ($104,912), running back Chris Brown ($80,354), defensive tackle Randy Starks ($79,236), tackle Michael Roos ($79,050), running back Jarrett Payton ($78,376) and linebackers Rob Reynolds ($78,368) and Cody Spencer ($73,109).

It's all in the good book -

bookofreynaldo.jpg

Brian said:
what does this mean?

sorry about the :whoop: thing yesterday... :whoop:

I love that smilie... explain just how the Titans did a smart thing...
I'm not saying I disagree, but I really wanted you to share your insight with us yesterday. That's why I posted "ask Brian"

Brian... enlighten us with your yankee perspective. :brow:

MsTitan said:
And TO should have honored the contract he signed.
TO is spilled milk. He ain't worth cryin' over. The Eagles knew what they were getting into. They just did not know how to handle it. I wasn't entirely serious when I made that remark, and I do agree with you...

once again... it's a scummy business when it comes to signing and retaining a player... a contract is worthless. It is only paper. It's only purpose is to serve as an means to an end... game checks and signing bonus... all the cap # stuff is just clout.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
what does this mean?
The eight posts preceeding it were enough to make me ponder my presence here.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
explain just how the Titans did a smart thing...
I'm not saying I disagree, but I really wanted you to share your insight with us yesterday. That's why I posted "ask Brian"

Brian... enlighten us with your yankee perspective.

A $24M cap hit and $9M salary on one injury-prone player are too much to risk at this point in the offseason.

Keep in mind Brian, even though I do not agree with you on everything (i.e. A. Woolfolk)... I still respect your opinion. The other day yours was a voice of reason amongst all chaos... I may be a pot stirrer and that is all fine and good... it's just that somebody needs to advocate for Bud Adams and his actions. You told me that it was smart. It influenced me a bit... it was my intention to prod you to post your opinion... (maybe I felt guilty keeping it all to myself) ... in any case, the single smilie posts only serve to confuse me...

about the prior eight... ok. things go off topic sometimes...
but Reynaldology teaches us our place in the universe and is appreciative of forgiveness!!! hahahahaha...

anyhow, thanks for the post...
I think you and several other posters over-reacted to the news about McNair. It's somewhat understandable from an emotional standpoint, because of what McNair has meant to the franchise and the fans, but reality is on the Titans side in this case.

$9M is too much to risk, and they did the smart thing.
I think many would be inclined to agree... present company included.

Now, I'm going to go back to doing what I do best.
:whoop:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
about the prior eight... ok. things go off topic sometimes... but Reynaldology teaches us our place in the universe and is appreciative of forgiveness!!! hahahahaha...

:ha: :lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back