Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
KamikaZ said:
If I were Mac, I'd be real pissed right now. Unless things get smoothed over quick, bye-bye Steve.
Me too and I agree. How humiliating that a trainer gave him the boot. No respect man, no respect at all. Right now I want to rip Bud's rug off his head and clean the frikkin' toilet with it.

It's going to be fine by tomorrow PM. Alot of agent rhetoric in response to poor FO communication. The situation is understandable from a business standpoint.

just goes to show you bud isn't playing games with mac's contract what so ever...this could go two ways folks...lower the cap # and everybody be happy or we could have another EG incident even though i don't think they'll let mac go without compensation...this is getting real interesting...

I haven't seen a thread blow up like this since the rose bowl. there's nearly thirty people viewing this thread right now. We've got a new feature now... Good Job Jeff!:cool2:

If they are considering either cutting or trading McNair, then they are making the right move by keeping him out of camp. No sense in taking a risk that he could get hurt. And it's not like Volek and Mauck can't run the show.

If nothing else, Bus Cook knows they mean business now...

Tennessee Titans are now taking a hard *** approach to their players and contract situations.

Just imagine if Pacman stuffs up...

Gunny said:
Tennessee Titans are now taking a hard *** approach to their players and contract situations.

Just imagine if Pacman stuffs up...

Gunny is right, I think the organization is taking care of Cook's words and antics regarding Mac's contract, and maybe McNair's days as a titan are numbered! So sad an agent be the author of this kind of resolutions between an organization and its best player.
Maybe is just a media thing to accelerate the contract negotiation or a trade or maybe a cut.

They were talking on Sirius Opening Drive this morning that Steve was gone. It was only a matter of time. I didn't want to believe it, but I am starting to think it's inevitable. Steve and Bus seem very firm in their stance about Mac's value. And everyone else seems to think his cap figure is outrageous. Well, I think this shows that Bud feels the same. When your cap hit is so much that they WON"T let you practice. Your cap hit is too high. Steve's jersey has been a Sunday tradition for me, my wife, and my son for 8 seasons. Now, I think the transition time has come. My only hope is our new QB will provide as much enjoyment as #9 has for the last decade. #9, YOU WILL BE MISSED!:sad2:

Either way, Steve is going to be gone by the time this team is going to be competitive again. So maybe they think it's better to be now rather than later, and perhaps get some draft pick as compensation, get their rookie QB more work this year, and save $10M in cap money.

I've always been a huge McNair fan, and I think he can still play, but maybe it would be better for the Titans in the long run. And personally, I'm a Titans fan more than I'm a fan of any individual player.

We have to wait for Steve's quotes, everything comes from his greedy agent!! I think all of this is just Bus Cook's crap..Let's wait for Steve to explain how does he feel about the incident.

:hmm: I dont understand why they would not let him in the facility...thats just crazy...I can understand trying to get the contract right but kicking out steve is just crazy

Starkiller said:
If they are considering either cutting or trading McNair, then they are making the right move by keeping him out of camp. No sense in taking a risk that he could get hurt. And it's not like Volek and Mauck can't run the show.

I agree. I do think, however, that they should have talked to him and let him know beforehand about the situation with the training facility.

titans_0607 said:
:hmm: I dont understand why they would not let him in the facility...thats just crazy...I can understand trying to get the contract right but kicking out steve is just crazy

Apparently, because if he gets injured, they'll have to pay him the $9 million he's scheduled to make this season. Makes sense, but like I said, they could have tried a different approach.

No matter what the reason is, whether it be "Off-season injury" or whatever, it shouldn't have been handled that way, to embarrass and insult a player who for 11 years has taken pay-cuts to keep other players, who has taken injury after injury trying to get the extra yard to win the game, Who doesn't bring the attitude of TO and others... He's given alot to this team and the town.. and like I saw in an earlier post, it's interesting that it goes down when Fisher is in Ca. It's chicken ****...

EZpickin said:
No matter what the reason is, whether it be "Off-season injury" or whatever, it shouldn't have been handled that way, to embarrass and insult a player who for 11 years has taken pay-cuts to keep other players..

McNair has never taken a paycut. Merely had his money restructured. :greedy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back