Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tackhead #9 said:
Hm, I'm happy to know Steve's in, it makes up for the years he didn't make it when he was more deserving...
Of course, his stats don't suggest a great deal, but from a standpoint of managing a QB rating over 80 with the problems Tennessee's offence had, that's not bad in itself.

Meh, not like I should have to justify this. Point is, he's in, and I'm glad I'll get to see him in one more game this season. That McNair to Chad Johnson pass last time was absolute gold. Give us another, Steve!!

I actually read a rumor on the NFLfans site about Marvin Lewis having to make a decision about whether or not to release Chad Johnson this offseason for being a locker room distraction.

"AP reports the Cincinnati Bengals are resigned to keeping star WR Chad Johnson despite several outbursts. The most notable was a tantrum at the half of the Bengals' wild-card playoff loss to Pittsburgh. Reports on what happened have ranged dramatically in seriousness. It's clear that, at the least, Johnson caused a stink and was a distraction for his team. Johnson has been an issue for HC Marvin Lewis. The coach has to address it. There had been speculation the Bengals would consider trading Johnson, but it appears the team is hoping he gets his act together. Johnson is a terrific talent, so the Bengals want to make it work. If Johnson continues to be a problem for Lewis, a major bridge will have to be crossed."

I would love to have Chad Johnson in Tennessee. Grills and all.

GLinks said:
I would love to have Chad Johnson in Tennessee. Grills and all.

i think if you're gonna make a play at a big time headcase WR ...

why not just go for Owens ?

maybe coming back to Tennessee would do him some good :ha:

Kelly Holcomb had a higher passer rating than Steve this season...prbly about as many wins too. Is Leftwich injured? He deserved it a little more. Either way, I'm happy for Steve but I think the fact that he's in there speaks volumes about the pro bowl.

McNair Late Addition to ProBowl

I just saw on NFL channel that Big Mc is going to the ProBowl. Is this new news or is this old. This is good news if he is.

TheMugwump said:
How about Roethlishamburger?? Or Leftsandwich?? Or whatever stiff helped guide the Dolphins to 8 wins?? Or Troy Brown??
Theres always Jim Sorgi for the ProBowl, at least he didnt choke in the playoff game:banned:

Puck said:

I'd rather have CJohnson, he's younger. He might give some headaches, but he looks like he is very coachable and containable, compared to TO.

Puck said:

Not enough media... he'd go crazy

Well, I am glad Steve is going. Didn't Greise replace Steve a few years ago for the Pro Bowl? I could be wrong about that but I think it was the year Steve had shoulder surgery. It seems sorta fitting that he would replace a Denver QB after all.

The Pro Bowl Still sucks, but it is still an award and I'm all for our guys getting awards.

Kinda funny...The Colts board started fifty thousand threads over 4:1 odds to win the SB and now this board is starting extra Probowl for McNair threads. That's funny.

TitanJeff said:
What is funny is that it does pad his resume if he ever closes in on HOF consideration.
I don't think that is funny so much that it is a super plus. The best thing I like about this is the boost Steve will give himself for the recognition. I believe that it will carry over into his play, thus creating better stats next year and ultimately setting the stage for HOF.

Im glad that Steve is going to the Pro Bowl. When you look at his numbers in comparison to other AFC quarterbacks and the fact that they were so young this past season, probably in the history of the NFL. What did he have to work with to substantially improve on his performance?

Go for it Steve!!!

sorry but what a waste to send Mcnair to the Pro Bowl. You have to look at what he did this yr not past yrs and based on that he didn't deserve to go. Oh well nothing like getting recongized for practicing 1-2 days a week :sad2:

McNair to the Pro Bowl

Assuming this "appearance" solidifies his return, any chance it improves his performance next year in some way?

:irked:

BTW: I wonder what kind of shape he's in? There is no way he expected to be playing this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back