Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL com...

Why Mike Vrabel is the Coach of the Year

If Coach of the Year is given to the head coach who best navigates adversity and trying circumstances to win at a high level, Mike Vrabel should win the award in a landslide based on his work this season with the Tennessee Titans.

I'm sure Schwartz has had alot to do with the D....Bowen and Downing both need to go
Either give it to Schwartz or go after Jerod Mayo...Vrabel loves his ex-Pats

OC needs to be an young offensive minded guy
After years of crappy defensive play why in world would you want to blow it up when we finally have a solid defense? Good chance we have #1 run defense, we’re number 6 in points allowed, #6 on 3rd down conversations and 41 sacks, more than double last years total.

I don’t care how we got here., whether it’s all Schwartz or a collective effort, but no way in the world I want to rock the apple cart now when we finally have things working.

After years of crappy defensive play why in world would you want to blow it up when we finally have a solid defense? Good chance we have #1 run defense, we’re number 6 in points allowed, #6 on 3rd down conversations and 41 sacks, more than double last years total.

I don’t care how we got here., whether it’s all Schwartz or a collective effort, but no way in the world I want to rock the apple cart now when we finally have things working.
If getting rid of pos coordinators is "blowing it up" then so be it...read this board ...Downing and Bowen are not the reason we are legit... Schwartz is the reason for the D...Downing can be replaced and not miss a beat ..the offense has underwhelmed for most of the year and we are still looking at the #1 seed ...in spite of Downing not because if him

If getting rid of pos coordinators is "blowing it up" then so be it...read this board ...Downing and Bowen are not the reason we are legit... Schwartz is the reason for the D...Downing can be replaced and not miss a beat ..the offense has underwhelmed for most of the year and we are still looking at the #1 seed ...in spite of Downing not because if him

Proof that Schwartz is the sole reason for the turnaround?

I mean we saw a massive turnover on the defensive side last year. Seems to be we should consider that over anything else.

yeah the whole personnel vs dc vs schwartzie cannot be parsed by us outsiders... pure speculation and prejudices.

just the way it is...

I credit the personnel changes for the most part but cant ignore schwartzie lurking by the coffee machine either

yeah the whole personnel vs dc vs schwartzie cannot be parsed by us outsiders... pure speculation and prejudices.

just the way it is...

I credit the personnel changes for the most part but cant ignore schwartzie lurking by the coffee machine either

Definitely think he’s had an impact. But no way for us to say he is THE reason the defense turned it around. Zero proof of that.

Not arguing about Downing and the offense underperforming. I do think he’s been dealt a tough hand this year. First year OC, missing all three of his main offensive weapons, one being the best back in a generation as well as a banged up Oline. We’ve started 5 different players at left tackle.. Running backs that were literally sitting on their coach watching football, not playing at all just weeks ago. That’s crazy.

But no way in hell I change one single thing at the moment on defense. And I was one of Bowens harshest critics after last years dumpster fire of a defense. I’m not saying Schwartz isn’t a part of the reason for the turnaround either.

To FINALLY get to where we’ve all been wanting to be on defense just to start chopping it up because the defense or DC sucked last year is asinine. What would that accomplish? No need to rock the boat. We’re at the top of the league on defense for a change, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Not arguing about Downing and the offense underperforming. I do think he’s been dealt a tough hand this year. First year OC, missing all three of his main offensive weapons, one being the best back in a generation as well as a banged up Oline. We’ve started 5 different players at left tackle.. Running backs that were literally sitting on their coach watching football, not playing at all just weeks ago. That’s crazy.

But no way in hell I change one single thing at the moment on defense. And I was one of Bowens harshest critics after last years dumpster fire of a defense. I’m not saying Schwartz isn’t a part of the reason for the turnaround either.

To FINALLY get to where we’ve all been wanting to be on defense just to start chopping it up because the defense or DC sucked last year is asinine. What would that accomplish? No need to rock the boat. We’re at the top of the league on defense for a change, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Mike Zimmer could be fired by Minny...if so would you want him as the DC? Or Vic Fangio?

Last edited by a moderator:

just the way it is...

At the end of the day, it is a fact that we have a defensive coordinator.... much like the other 31 teams of the league.........

Mike Zimmer could be fired by Minny...if so would you want him as the DC? Or Vic Fangio?
Right this minute there is zero reason to make any drastic changes to the defense.

And actually, Zimmer’s defense in 2020 ranked 27 in points allowed, our dumpster fire of a defense ranked 24. This year we are #6, Vikings are 25th.

So even by your very own standards Zimmer sucks forever now and could never be any good again. You’re willing to trash Bowen based on his first year and trade him out for a guy who’s defense has been way worst during the same two year period.

Right this minute there is zero reason to make any drastic changes to the defense.

And actually, Zimmer’s defense in 2020 ranked 27 in points allowed, our dumpster fire of a defense ranked 24. This year we are #6, Vikings are 25th.

So even by your very own standards Zimmer sucks forever now and could never be any good again. You’re willing to trash Bowen based on his first year and trade him out for a guy who’s defense has been way worst during the same two year period.
I'm not saying right at this minute, so stop saying that...tbh I don't know about Zimmer's defense over the years as a DC ..he obviously failed as a HC...I just remember he was a hot name on here before that's why I brought it up..same as Fangio, but rumours are Jags are after him
I still think Downing as to go though

Honestly the win today should really lock up coach of the year for Vrabel, i think Lafleur is the betting favorite last i checked, but with the historic amount of injuries we have had this year idk how Vrabel doesn't get it. He's earned it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back