Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who like to think positive and put the blame on injuries, great teams find a way to win even with backups. But what great teams DO NOT do is lose to the worst two teams in the league.

This was one of the worst games for the Titans in a long, long time.

At least in the Jets game, they were competitive and lost in overtime. This game was an atrocity in all three phases. The blame is on a Vrabel for not having his team prepared.
What about backup’s backups?

bad execution for sure. The PR has no excuse but bad luck. THill played poorly for sure. Does he get any leeway for weather and 4th string WR running around? Maybe some but he still played bad.
Coincidentally, I don’t recall THill running today, maybe once.

What about backup’s backups?

bad execution for sure. The PR has no excuse but bad luck. THill played poorly for sure. Does he get any leeway for weather and 4th string WR running around? Maybe some but he still played bad.
Coincidentally, I don’t recall THill running today, maybe once.

And even that run looked super shaky. That Tanny run usually goes for a super long run.

I don’t think this loss eliminates Vrabel from the conversation. Every good team played horrible today.

It’s so comical to me how Tsnnehill gets every excuse in the world made for him. “How is he supposed to succeed with bum WR’s?” Well how is Vrabel supposed to succeed when every guy he puts out there gets hurt? Lol zero logic in this at all.

Every AFC team has had multiple bad losses. Add the Titans to the list.

We’re 8-3, still lead the AFC. We have two Ls to the the worst teams in league while battling injuries and testing players.

yesterday was F on all fronts. Teams truly never as bad nor as good as they appear in one game.

Vrabel is a good coach that has the record in the AFC. The record doesn’t lie as a collective of the season.

I think we’ll see a better performance next game. I’ve always felt Vrabel desires to be the next HC of the Patriots.

The next game is going to be telling.
Not sure why Vrabel would want to coach the Patriots now that he has a HC gig. Like they are Alabama or something and can recruit better players?

He needs to stay close to JRob. That is the winning formula.

If anything, seeing what we put out on the field against the Texans makes a stronger case for Vrabel. Assuming we get to 12+ wins.

It isn't like he drew up getting hit by a punt, throwing 4 picks, and fumbling 3 times.

The next game is going to be telling.
Not sure why Vrabel would want to coach the Patriots now that he has a HC gig. Like they are Alabama or something and can recruit better players?

He needs to stay close to JRob. That is the winning formula.

dont disagree. Just think Vrabel would view the Pats as “coming hone”.

If anything, seeing what we put out on the field against the Texans makes a stronger case for Vrabel. Assuming we get to 12+ wins.

It isn't like he drew up getting hit by a punt, throwing 4 picks, and fumbling 3 times.
I sorta disagree. A great coach has his players ready so they don't make multiple mistakes and/or can overcome them against inferior opponents. The Titans looked to be just going through the motions yesterday—especially in the first half when it was dry.

No excuse to get hit by a punt. None.

If your QB is sailing balls over the heads of open receivers and throwing multiple picks only down by 6 in a pouring rain, you find ways to protect the football by throwing short to the TE or dump off to RBs. End around with a WR. More designed QB runs. You get the idea.

Obviously, there are no guarantees that anything changes the outcome and the playbook is somewhat limited based on the players on the field but, IMO, the mark of a great coach is how they succeed under bad circumstances.

It was raining for the Texans too wasn't it?
Our injuries aren't helping ..the Texans fully healthy are a better team than our backups or 3rd stringers
But...the staff needs to prepare them regardless...Tannehill was terrible .AJ is looking soft..maybe he misses his idol Julio and needs to be with him??

I sorta disagree. A great coach has his players ready so they don't make multiple mistakes and/or can overcome them against inferior opponents. The Titans looked to be just going through the motions yesterday—especially in the first half when it was dry.

No excuse to get hit by a punt. None.

If your QB is sailing balls over the heads of open receivers and throwing multiple picks only down by 6 in a pouring rain, you find ways to protect the football by throwing short to the TE or dump off to RBs. End around with a WR. More designed QB runs. You get the idea.

Obviously, there are no guarantees that anything changes the outcome and the playbook is somewhat limited based on the players on the field but, IMO, the mark of a great coach is how they succeed under bad circumstances.

How is the punt returner getting hit by a punt Vrabel’s fault?

We’ve had bad circumstances damn near every game this year and we are 8-3

I just have to reiterate the example of bad coaching as pointed out by TitanJeff.

WTF was Rodgers doing on that punt, GTFO of the way! Starting with the ball inside the 5 is better than giving the opponent the ball on the 5. Then Vrabel puts him out there again? Seriously? I don’t give a damn who it is. He didn’t deserve to be right back on the field for punts. Vrabel really does coddle his players, he’s nothing like Bellecheat.

We came out immediately ran up tempo offense. We ran it multiple times that game. We went for it 4 times on 4th down. IMO the coaching staff did what they could to try and spark life into the offense. Was just poor execution all day.

Some questionable play calls from Downing but also some bad execution from Ryan and the offense.

Defense has intensity all day long. Don’t buy the argument, sorry.

We came out immediately ran up tempo offense. We ran it multiple times that game. We went for it 4 times on 4th down. IMO the coaching staff did what they could to try and spark life into the offense. Was just poor execution all day.

Some questionable play calls from Downing but also some bad execution from Ryan and the offense.

Defense has intensity all day long. Don’t buy the argument, sorry.
Intensity doesn’t win football games, execution does. They were clearly unprepared.

I would’ve attempted a couple FGs, would’ve given them a chance to possibly close the multiple possession lead at the end.

Intensity doesn’t win football games, execution does. They were clearly unprepared.

I would’ve attempted a couple FGs, would’ve given them a chance to possibly close the multiple possession lead at the end.

Maybe you should read the comments in this thread. Everyone is complaining that we didn’t have intensity and that’s Vrabel’s fault.

Unprepared? Lmao we had 5 turnovers. We didn’t lose because a lack of preparation. In fact we dominated statistically We held the Texans to under 200 yards total offense and had over 400 yards of offense ourselves.

I just have to reiterate the example of bad coaching as pointed out by TitanJeff.

WTF was Rodgers doing on that punt, GTFO of the way! Starting with the ball inside the 5 is better than giving the opponent the ball on the 5. Then Vrabel puts him out there again? Seriously? I don’t give a damn who it is. He didn’t deserve to be right back on the field for punts. Vrabel really does coddle his players, he’s nothing like Bellecheat.

Who else are we going to put out there? All the other options were hurt

Who else are we going to put out there? All the other options were hurt
not sure I believe it but that is the official positon

Like the jets game I believe the Titans are doing 'load management' on the down low & they got 2 Ls for it

like my opinion man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back