Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure I believe it but that is the official positon

Like the jets game I believe the Titans are doing 'load management' on the down low & they got 2 Ls for it

like my opinion man

Yep. Both of our losses have a lot of key guys not playing. Not saying that excuses anything at all but we’ve seen Tennessee do this before. Derrick Henry vs the Saints a few years ago. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are just trying to get to the bye week and then get rolling once everyone is back.

Not saying they don’t want to win because I think they do but we have so many guys hurt. Gotta give them time when you can.

Maybe you should read the comments in this thread. Everyone is complaining that we didn’t have intensity and that’s Vrabel’s fault.

Unprepared? Lmao we had 5 turnovers. We didn’t lose because a lack of preparation. In fact we dominated statistically We held the Texans to under 200 yards total offense and had over 400 yards of offense ourselves.
Unpreparedness = Lack of focus and execution.

I just have to reiterate the example of bad coaching as pointed out by TitanJeff.

WTF was Rodgers doing on that punt, GTFO of the way! Starting with the ball inside the 5 is better than giving the opponent the ball on the 5. Then Vrabel puts him out there again? Seriously? I don’t give a damn who it is. He didn’t deserve to be right back on the field for punts. Vrabel really does coddle his players, he’s nothing like Bellecheat.

As damaged as we are, are you positive he had anyone else to put back there? Do you put a freshly activated PS player back there who have never fielded punts simply because of one mistake.

And to a point.... that was the oddest thing I have ever seen on a punt. That ball hit his ankle and stuck in the ground right there like it was a 50 pound weight. No bounce, no movement, nothing just stopped right there.

As damaged as we are, are you positive he had anyone else to put back there? Do you put a freshly activated PS player back there who have never fielded punts simply because of one mistake.

And to a point.... that was the oddest thing I have ever seen on a punt. That ball hit his ankle and stuck in the ground right there like it was a 50 pound weight. No bounce, no movement, nothing just stopped right there.
Don’t know, it’s not my job to know who else can field a punt. Vrabel should’ve sent a message though, because that’s unacceptable. Period.

I sorta disagree. A great coach has his players ready so they don't make multiple mistakes and/or can overcome them against inferior opponents. The Titans looked to be just going through the motions yesterday—especially in the first half when it was dry.

No excuse to get hit by a punt. None.

If your QB is sailing balls over the heads of open receivers and throwing multiple picks only down by 6 in a pouring rain, you find ways to protect the football by throwing short to the TE or dump off to RBs. End around with a WR. More designed QB runs. You get the idea.

Obviously, there are no guarantees that anything changes the outcome and the playbook is somewhat limited based on the players on the field but, IMO, the mark of a great coach is how they succeed under bad circumstances.

Not sure why we have to have revised history all the time discussing a game.
For starters the defense gave up a whopping 107 yards passing to Taylor. The running backs for the Texans had a 2.0 YPC average. Taylor did score two TDs where we let him out of the pocket but the defense was solid.

On the flip side Tannehill threw for over 300 yards. Unfortunately he had 4 ints. I guess in hindsight we should have had a few more dump offs but seems more like the QB needs to make better decisions with the ball. We also had pretty good success running the ball except for the bonehead dive into 11 guys on 4th down. Of all the times we should have play actioned and tossed a short pass there it was. Westbrook had over 100 yards receiving. It was more Tannehill throwing into single coverage when they were playing zone IMO.

And despite all that the game might have come down to that silly punt Rogers didn't get away from. That put us down 19-0 and pretty well forced the offense to be more open. The crazy, and stupid decision to run that play at the end of the half might have cost us 3 points. Oh, we had plenty of quick passes to the backs and TEs. I guess the 50 yard pass to Westbrook should have been a dump off instead?

Oh, two ints came when we were trying to drive late in the game.

For starters the defense gave up a whopping 107 yards passing to Taylor. The running backs for the Texans had a 2.0 YPC average. Taylor did score two TDs where we let him out of the pocket but the defense was solid.

On the flip side Tannehill threw for over 300 yards. Unfortunately he had 4 ints. I guess in hindsight we should have had a few more dump offs but seems more like the QB needs to make better decisions with the ball. We also had pretty good success running the ball except for the bonehead dive into 11 guys on 4th down. Of all the times we should have play actioned and tossed a short pass there it was. Westbrook had over 100 yards receiving. It was more Tannehill throwing into single coverage when they were playing zone IMO.

And despite all that the game might have come down to that silly punt Rogers didn't get away from. That put us down 19-0 and pretty well forced the offense to be more open. The crazy, and stupid decision to run that play at the end of the half might have cost us 3 points. Oh, we had plenty of quick passes to the backs and TEs. I guess the 50 yard pass to Westbrook should have been a dump off instead?

Oh, two ints came when we were trying to drive late in the game.

The freak punt fumble was the game. If not for that play the Titans had momentum and probably drive down the field and score. Different outcome,

You're right. I hope we have as solid an effort as that every week moving forward.

:sarcasm:

The Titans came out flat. They went three and out and then allowed the Texans to go down the field for a 14-play scoring drive. That was the second longest opening drive the Texans have had all season and only the third they've been able to score on.

The Titans were 1/5 on third down and 0/1 on fourth most for the first half.

You going to credit the Texans for this or realize the Titans came out FLAAAAAT?

TJ:
Where did I disagree we came out flat? Obviously we didn't start fast and got behind (like handing them an int that flipped the field). Your ridiculous commentary on how we should have dumped down more after seeing Tannehill's ints was flat wrong. More so Tannehill needs to make better decisions with the ball not be coddled like he is Mariota or VY. Tannehill had a bad game. That caused most of the problems on offense. A few bad mistakes is all it takes.

Oh, that 14 play scoring drive only netted the Texans 3 points. Wow.

Don’t know, it’s not my job to know who else can field a punt. Vrabel should’ve sent a message though, because that’s unacceptable. Period.

Unacceptable to throw 4 picks vs one of the worst defenses in the NFL but no talk of benching Tannehill to send a message.

Your ridiculous commentary on how we should have dumped down more after seeing Tannehill's ints was flat wrong.
Here we are:

Down by 6 with about 4 minutes left, 2nd-and-long, Tanny throws a deep pass to Hudson that never had a chance and was nearly picked off. The Texans D had two safeties deep. The next play is the INT which led to another Texans FG and essentially ended the game.

Hudson had no receptions in the game and only three the entire season.

If you want to defend Vrabel allowing that call with the weather conditions, Tanny not being close to accurate most of the day and to a TE who has barely seen the field, so be it. I won't.

THill isn’t perfect but calling for him to get benched on a rainy, windy game where the WR ran the wrong route 2 of the 4. We’re down to the 4th 5th and 6th Wr. Olines been shaky, Henry’s out. THill is the only thing holding this together…. just barely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back