Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
THill isn’t perfect but calling for him to get benched on a rainy, windy game where the WR ran the wrong route 2 of the 4. We’re down to the 4th 5th and 6th Wr. Olines been shaky, Henry’s out. THill is the only thing holding this together…. just barely.
That wasn't Tannehill's only bad game...being 8-3 saves him from a benching

That wasn't Tannehill's only bad game...being 8-3 saves him from a benching

Like Logan Woodside can do any better given all of the injuries to key skill position players on offense.

Tannehill hasn’t been what he was the past two seasons, but acting like he needs to be benched is crazy.

Like Logan Woodside can do any better given all of the injuries to key skill position players on offense.

Tannehill hasn’t been what he was the past two seasons, but acting like he needs to be benched is crazy.

Well we’ve never seen Woodside play outside of preseason.

I’m not saying I would bench Ryan but I remember when this board was saying that very same thing about Tannehill and Mariota.

Unacceptable to throw 4 picks vs one of the worst defenses in the NFL but no talk of benching Tannehill to send a message.
The timing wouldn’t make sense to bench him either. He had 1 pick early in the game. 2, 3, 4 all came midway or later in the 4th qtr. #2 came down 13, #3 and 4 came down 6.

I’m not sold woodside could have done better if the entire starting roster was still playing AND the titans ran an offense that would utilize Jones and brown.

While I haven’t been exactly jumping for joy over Tanny’s play this year, the weekend coaches on this site are quick to jump ship. I’m not going act like he’s even been good, because he hasn’t. He’s been pretty terrible at times. Especially yesterday.

BUT… Tanny has proven that he can play at a near elite level when put in the right system with the right parts.

The Oline has been a revolving door and protection has been lacking, we’re down to our practice squad WRs, the best RB in a generation is out, and one of the biggest issues, he has a new OC that hasn’t been good either.

These same people calling for benching Tanny are the same ones who used to complain about Arthur Smith too. How does he compare to his replacement now? Again, be careful what you wish for.

IF we can get healthy, and IF Downing can finally get the hang of things, then Tanny will more than likely be fine again. He’s not the guy that’s going to put the team on his back and will his team to victory. That guy on this team is King Henry. But he is the best QB we’ve seen here since that one good season from Hasselbeck. To throw in the towel now under these circumstances would be asinine.

Well we’ve never seen Woodside play outside of preseason.

I’m not saying I would bench Ryan but I remember when this board was saying that very same thing about Tannehill and Mariota.
We can also go through some of the pre-2020 threads and see who thought it would be normal for THill to regress to at least a sustainable level. He was over performing when he first got the starting gig at almost unreal numbers, regression was bound to happen. I think he went too far though.

I’ll also say it, I don’t think Downing is doing that bad.
He clearly showed some success when starters were still alive. Now that all starters but THill are dead, his playbook looks very predictable and simplified. Probably had to do that to keep guys that no one wanted ready to play after getting signed 2-3 days earlier.

We can also go through some of the pre-2020 threads and see who thought it would be normal for THill to regress to at least a sustainable level. He was over performing when he first got the starting gig at almost unreal numbers, regression was bound to happen. I think he went too far though.

Yes regression was coming but don’t think anyone expected him to be this bad, like you said.

I’m hoping Tannehill turns it around, we need him badly. It was nice not having to worry about QB for one entire year lol

Here we are:

Down by 6 with about 4 minutes left, 2nd-and-long, Tanny throws a deep pass to Hudson that never had a chance and was nearly picked off. The Texans D had two safeties deep. The next play is the INT which led to another Texans FG and essentially ended the game.

Hudson had no receptions in the game and only three the entire season.

If you want to defend Vrabel allowing that call with the weather conditions, Tanny not being close to accurate most of the day and to a TE who has barely seen the field, so be it. I won't.

So let me get this right. In your perspective the QB who makes $30+ mil a year is told by the coach where to go with the ball on every play? And even if he makes a stupid decision or an errant pass it is the play caller's fault. Got it. Oh, and also you figure the HC is micro managing every call and route the OC is making and thus it is Vrabel's fault.

I said before it was like Tannehill was throwing into man coverage when it was 2 deep zone. Translated that means he was not reading the coverage very well. Now sure in hindsight maybe there could have been some tweaking to the play calling but like I said before. I guess he never should have thrown that 50 yard catch and run to Westbrook? Considering it was raining and all?

Stop with the immature analysis. Tannehill had a horrible game, made poor decisions and some bad throws.

Now you haven't said it but the kiddies talking about benching Tannehill are priceless. Is this grade school?

So let me get this right. In your perspective the QB who makes $30+ mil a year is told by the coach where to go with the ball on every play?
Your words. Not mine.

All I am saying is you call plays with shorter routes (slants, square outs, etc.) and not take shots downfield (especially in the example I mentioned) in that situation with a struggling QB, inexperienced WRs and the weather.

Stop with the immature analysis.
Like thinking every pass play has a deep route as part of it?

So define "down field" or "deep route" because apparently anything over 15 yards must be a deep route to you. And yes, most routes have tiers of varied depth by design. But again, the problem wasn't how far the ball was thrown but the fact it was thrown to guys who were not open.

Was the first int a deep route? LOS was the 18 and it was picked around the 12.
The int in the endzone with 11 minutes to go was the play right after the long pass play to Westbrook and they hit on a similar play for a TD earlier to Fitzpatrick. Tannehill just misread the coverage and King had help inside and had outside leverage.

Your whole argument is totally bogus and we had a multitude of dink and dunk including a 2 yard pass to Firkser that proceeded a failed 4th down. Yea, they dinked and dunked themselves into 4th and 6 and couldn't convert.

You have been doing this for years where you watch a game and your comments don't even fit the scenario. Not sure you don't just make stuff up. It is OK to throw the ball down field when Westbrook is going for 50 yards or when Fitzpatrick is catching a TD pass but they shouldn't do it if Tanny throws an int. Like I said, immature analysis.

Here we are:

Down by 6 with about 4 minutes left, 2nd-and-long, Tanny throws a deep pass to Hudson that never had a chance and was nearly picked off. The Texans D had two safeties deep. The next play is the INT which led to another Texans FG and essentially ended the game.

Hudson had no receptions in the game and only three the entire season.

If you want to defend Vrabel allowing that call with the weather conditions, Tanny not being close to accurate most of the day and to a TE who has barely seen the field, so be it. I won't.

We don’t know who the first read or intended target was on the play. Just because the ball is thrown to that player doesn’t always mean the play is designed for that player

So let me get this right. In your perspective the QB who makes $30+ mil a year is told by the coach where to go with the ball on every play? And even if he makes a stupid decision or an errant pass it is the play caller's fault. Got it. Oh, and also you figure the HC is micro managing every call and route the OC is making and thus it is Vrabel's fault.

I said before it was like Tannehill was throwing into man coverage when it was 2 deep zone. Translated that means he was not reading the coverage very well. Now sure in hindsight maybe there could have been some tweaking to the play calling but like I said before. I guess he never should have thrown that 50 yard catch and run to Westbrook? Considering it was raining and all?

Stop with the immature analysis. Tannehill had a horrible game, made poor decisions and some bad throws.

Now you haven't said it but the kiddies talking about benching Tannehill are priceless. Is this grade school?
You keep throwing out the $30 mil as if that’s your problem with him. You wouldn’t care if he was paid $15 mil for example.

Realistically, since his pay is 11th in the league, doesn’t he only have to play good enough to be the 11th best QB?

He’s 14th in QBR. He’s top 10 in yards and tied for most times sacked which may play a factor.

You keep throwing out the $30 mil as if that’s your problem with him. You wouldn’t care if he was paid $15 mil for example.

Realistically, since his pay is 11th in the league, doesn’t he only have to play good enough to be the 11th best QB?

He’s 14th in QBR. He’s top 10 in yards and tied for most times sacked which may play a factor.

He’s only 11th because of the restructure. Next year he is 5th. With a cap hit over $38 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back