Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed

514SVGH2X1L._AA240_.jpg

caught this in my hotel room while in LV
it was late (midnight) and my flight wa @ 6:30 the next morning (meaning I needed to be up around 4:30 to catch a 5am taxi to get to McCarran by 5:30), I was buzzed and distraught over the UT / Cal game, so I wasn't really into watching a movie

but I seemed to be drawn to this film the moment i skipped onto HBO. there were moments where I laughed out loud uncontrollably and others were I was just trodding along with the plot. all in all a de3cent comedy.

:thumb: :ha:

not overly hilarious, but just enough to keep you interested

Bobo said:
blood_diamond.sized.jpg

Blood Diamond. I'm lazy today, so I'll just keep this short and say I liked it a lot :thumb:

Yeah I'd recommend it too. Very gritty drama/actioner,not light entertainment bu a great movie all the same.

Death Proof

Tarantino's half of 'Grindhouse'.

Great movie.

A film of two halves.The 1st hour is typical Tarantino,soundtrack driven scenes built around clever dialog. A little long winded & it doesn't really fire on all cylinders.

2nd half rocks & really shifts it into overdrive in a good way. The movie finishes with a punch or rather an ax kick.Very satisfying ending,even the soundtrack closes out with it's best tune.

9/10 :thumb: :thumb:

Childress79 said:
Tarantino's half of 'Grindhouse'.

Great movie.

A film of two halves.The 1st hour is typical Tarantino,soundtrack driven scenes built around clever dialog. A little long winded & it doesn't really fire on all cylinders.

2nd half rocks & really shifts it into overdrive in a good way. The movie finishes with a punch or rather an ax kick.Very satisfying ending,even the soundtrack closes out with it's best tune.

9/10 :thumb: :thumb:

I thought Death Proof was too self-indulgent with the dialogue for an action movie. If Tarantino loves Vanishing Point so much he should take note from it's pacing. Cut an hour of pointless blather out of DP and you have a pretty fun movie..

I agree but the second half saved it for me.

That said the 1st half was a complete self indulgent waste of film.Better than Jackie Brown though. The only scene I liked in the whole flick was where Hoffa offs Bridget Fonda in the car park
.:))

Childress79 said:
I agree but the second half saved it for me.

That said the 1st half was a complete self indulgent waste of film.Better than Jackie Brown though. The only scene I liked in the whole flick was where Hoffa offs Bridget Fonda in the car park
.:))

Yeah that one was pretty forgettable.. What do you think about those Guy Ritchie films? Snatch, LS&2SB etc. I see he's doing a new called RocknRolla will the dude that played Leonitas in 300.. Sounds interesting..

Creeping-Cruds said:
Yeah that one was pretty forgettable.. What do you think about those Guy Ritchie films? Snatch, LS&2SB etc. I see he's doing a new called RocknRolla will the dude that played Leonitas in 300.. Sounds interesting..

Sounds too close to RickRolla.:ha:

Snatch & Lock Stock are great movies.Brad Pitt steals the show in Snatch. If you like those check out Layer Cake. A great movie in the same mold.

His last one 'Revolver' was a dud.

06956230a8a069a96747f010.L.jpg

love Kevin Spacey
Brandon Routh is a fitting Kent/Superman - thought he did a good job
not overly impressed with Kate Bosworth here

and what is it with these movies that just have everyone staring at each other all the time ... wait a minute, i'm reminded of how bad the dialogue was in this flick (except for Spacey and Routh)

some good scenes trampled by some very average scenes

catch it on cable

only superman :geek: need apply
for everyone else it make make you :drool: :sleepy:

La Science des rêves (The Science of Sleep)

I just watched this on the spur of the moment when I saw it listed… The Science of Sleep seemed like an interesting title (I’m a big fan of sleeping).

I had no idea this film starred Gael Garcia Bernal (Amores Perros, The Motorcycle Diaries, Babel etc), he’s one of those guys that I’ve yet to see in a bad film. As the credits continued to roll I see the film is directed by Michael Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind… and those crazy Bjork videos); so I know I’m in for a wild ride.

Funny, whimsical, original and heart felt are all apt descriptions of this cool little flick. This is a French production so much of the film is in subtitles, but three languages are spoken, Spanish, French and English. Bernal is the only actor I really recognized, but everyone gives great, fully developed performances (female lead Charlotte Gainsbourg was also in the film 21 Grams but I don’t remember her).

Unlike “Eternal Sunshine”, where he was interpreting Charlie Kaufman’s words, here Gondry has penned the script. It’s a wonderfully goofy and intricate storyline realized beautifully on screen by its own author.

If you like off-beat comedies I can’t recommend indi gem this enough.

the-science-of-sleep.jpg

Puck said:

love Kevin Spacey

and what is it with these movies that just have everyone staring at each other all the time ... wait a minute, i'm reminded of how bad the dialogue was in this flick (except for Spacey and Routh)

catch it on cable

I thought this was a terrible movie.

Puck said:

love Kevin Spacey

catch it on cable

I have tried three times to finish this movie and never could. With about an hour left in it I always find myself looking for the remote to change it.

Superman did lack something, can't really put my finger on it. Didn't think it was horrible though, just didn't live up to the name.

Creeping-Cruds said:
Better than utterly mindless CGI-fests ala Fantastic 4 but not better than the 70's version.. Gene Hackman, nuff said..

I can't stand watching Gene Hackman movies anymore
I like Spacey here, I thought he was the best actor in this flick

Superman Returns could have been better in many ways
like using someone other than Kate Bosworth as Louis
maybe writing a script would help too
and somehow making it somewhat believable what Superman is doing

i thought the TV airings that said he was all over the world saving people was a bad move, it'd be more believable if his focus was just Metropolis

and the whole little shaving off a crystal makes an entire city blackout while simultaneously interfering with a shuttle launch off a jet scenario was just ridiculous ... especially since Luther wasn't aware that was happening iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back