Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What monster movie doesn't have a monster chasing people, military stand offs and a damsel in distress?

The ending fit the movie perfectly.

The monster in Cloverfield and Super 8 are nothing alike. I don't see that at all.

Google or youtube the monster in Cloverfield, almost identical design.

It was the same movie with better actors, the way it was advertised and the way it lacked originality or suspense.

The ending was your same unimaginative ending that's been done a million times. It wasn't a bad movie by any means, but sorry, I was expecting a little more creativity.

Google or youtube the monster in Cloverfield, almost identical design.

It was the same movie with better actors, the way it was advertised and the way it lacked originality or suspense.

The ending was your same unimaginative ending that's been done a million times. It wasn't a bad movie by any means, but sorry, I was expecting a little more creativity.

He wasn't trying to be original or different. Abrams was trying to make a Spielberg type movie. It was supposed to be cheesy and easy to watch. He was successful.

The marketing was genius.

The alien looked nothing like Cloverfield.

I wrote Super 8 off as soon as I heard J.J. Abram's name was attached. I LOATHE Lost and Cloverfield.

Star Trek was cool, though. I wasn't expecting much but he did a good job with it.

He wasn't trying to be original or different. Abrams was trying to make a Spielberg type movie. It was supposed to be cheesy and easy to watch. He was successful.

The marketing was genius.

Saying "I'm not creative because I'm not trying to be" isn't a valid excuse and it certainty doesn't do your defense for the movie any justice lol. Did the build up scenes lack any suspense because he was trying to be Spielberg? lol

You can pay homage to someone all you want and still bring something fresh.

The marketing wasn't genius because he already did the same thing for Cloverfield. Wait, I take that back, it was genius because he knows using that same unimaginative marketing campaign would again sucker people into seeing his movie.

I cut out the last part in your reply because you posted a spoiler. And I'll just say, google/youtube and you'll see.

X-Men First Class

The best in the series by far. I loved X-2 but this one was even better.

It is a prequel and I wish they would have gone with a complete reboot of the series. They went nuts with cameos and little things to make you remember that it is a prequel. The action was awesome and the story is good. The relationship between Xavier and Magneto makes the movie. It is a mutant bromance that ends in heartbreak.

The other mutants are cool but you would have to be a comic geek to know who most of them are. Banshee and Beast were the only ones that really rang a bell for me.

Banshee is the most interesting and adds a little comic relief.

I hope they turn this into a new franchise because it is so much better than the other ones. Everyone just needs to forget the other movies and lets start fresh.

I give it an 78%

I'd rate it better if it wasn't a prequel to those other movies.

X-Men: First Class

Damn, maybe I'm just too hard to please or something because a lot of people, like yourself, are praising the hell out of this movie, and I disagree.

The Pros: The two lead roles were impressive, Magneto in beast mode, it was stylish, and they did a solid job of tying the Missile Crisis with X-Men, made it believable that mutants existed and played a role in that era.

The Cons: From start to finish, the CGI was AWFUL, Beast looked beyond LAUGHABLE (especially when he started talking), all the flying fight scenes were awful, the make up design was awful (especially Azazel), and awful miscast of Kevin Bacon, the dude was a Disney villain lol.

Overall, I can forgive a bad special effect here or there, but the CGI was so bad it became a distraction and ruined the movie. They had to either been on a low budget or had very little time to complete the movie.

6/10

I haven't seen it, but knowing Abrams, a whole s***-load. The train-crash alone, I've heard from people who've seen it, is totally absurd in the amount of CGI destruction.

There is a lot, even from the train-crash alone like you said, but the CGI is pretty good for the most part.

I cut out the last part in your reply because you posted a spoiler. And I'll just say, google/youtube and you'll see.

How is saying the Super 8 monster is nothing like the Coverfield thing a spoiler. Did I let everyone know what the creature isn't?
Hey guys it is not a 25ft tall land dolphin either. Sorry spoiler alert!

Brick.

Kinda strange but good. Almost like a high school drug war parody or something. I'm a big Levitt fan. Kid's got some skills.
I wasn't as crazy about Brick as most seemed to be. If you're a JGL fan you definitely should check out The Lookout if you haven't already. One of the better movies that no one ever talks about from recent years.

Saying "I'm not creative because I'm not trying to be" isn't a valid excuse and it certainty doesn't do your defense for the movie any justice lol. Did the build up scenes lack any suspense because he was trying to be Spielberg? lol

You can pay homage to someone all you want and still bring something fresh.

The marketing wasn't genius because he already did the same thing for Cloverfield. Wait, I take that back, it was genius because he knows using that same unimaginative marketing campaign would again sucker people into seeing his movie.

Seriously don't understand how you dislike the marketing. Would you rather see everything in the trailer? Should Taco Bell have come out with the Super 8 taco combo box with a special unnamed alien edition Mountain Dew flavor?

I can understand your dislike of certain parts and I also clearly stated the movie is far from perfect. Could it have been more complex? Yea. Could we have gotten a little more back story? Yea. There wasn't any suspense and it wasn't particularly scary. None of these things ruined the movie. In my opinion it is almost a kids movie. I just enjoyed it and understand what Abrams was trying to do. Super 8 had it's faults but it came together well.

It is just a summer movie. I won't be talking about it come Oscar time and it will not be on any top 10 list. It is an entertaining popcorn eating movie.

Overall, I can forgive a bad special effect here or there, but the CGI was so bad it became a distraction and ruined the movie. They had to either been on a low budget or had very little time to complete the movie.
I haven't seen it yet so I really can't comment on the CGI (but I can agree Beast looked pretty ridiculous in the trailers). But the budget was $160 million so they had plenty of money.

I haven't seen it yet so I really can't comment on the CGI (but I can agree Beast looked pretty ridiculous in the trailers). But the budget was $160 million so they had plenty of money.

Budget was 50 mil. Still an obscene amount of money but not compared with a lot of "big budget" films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back