Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden is also one of the greenest/clean places on earth comparing their situation to let's say NY is just not the same at all.

I recommend letting that argument go and try another.

Sweden is also one of the greenest/clean places on earth comparing their situation to let's say NY is just not the same at all.

Are you saying COVID is connected to how “green” a country is? Or how “clean” it is?
I don’t see how either of those points connect to COVID at all.

Are you saying COVID is connected to how “green” a country is? Or how “clean” it is?
I don’t see how either of those points connect to COVID at all.
certainly a dirty, overpopulated city would spread covid quicker than a green/clean area which is not overpopulated

do you think that is an unreasonable statement?

me me me memememe
mem eme me me

also your article on denmark means nothing. they are now at 317 a day. they are only ahead of sweden because sweden is at their damn near lowest of 200 right now. sweden was averaging far over that per day since march

but i know actual facts mean nothing when discussing this with you
Fact is the survival rate is 99.97% to 99.5%.

And another fact is thousands businesses will be closing their doors down forever. These business are the lively hoods for millions of people. That’s mortgage payments, rent payments, cloths, food, for millions and millions of people.

Small businesses are quietly dying by the thousands during the coronavirus pandemic

Wouldn’t it be easier and less damaging to the MASSES for the VERY small number of people who are actually at risk to take the precautions necessary to protect themselves while letting everyone who isn’t at risk get back to work to support their families?

Seems like simple common sense to me.

certainly a dirty, overpopulated city would spread covid quicker than a green/clean area which is not overpopulated

do you think that is an unreasonable statement?
Yes. What does green have to do with it?
Honestly, clean doesn’t either.

Nothing has been proven or stated anywhere of any connection of either to COVID.

Edit: didn’t address overpopulated. Agree that plays a factor. That also wasn’t said in the comment I replied to, you added that.

Hmm, then how does that explain how a number of African countries have low numbers of cases and deaths?

No social distancing and certainly not clean and green. One theory has been that Hydroxychloroquine is always in widespread use due to the prevalence of malaria. But cleanliness certainly isn’t contributing to the equation.

I think it was Kenya or somewhere that has like 43 million people and only like 44 deaths?

Again you can't compare Sweden or kenya to NY is just not the same at all.

That's what I'm trying to say you do understand that right???

Why not use Paris,London, hong Kong ect...as your example.

me me me memememe
mem eme me me

also your article on denmark means nothing. they are now at 317 a day. they are only ahead of sweden because sweden is at their damn near lowest of 200 right now. sweden was averaging far over that per day since march

but i know actual facts mean nothing when discussing this with you

I'm not going to try to sway your opinion on this issue. But please just understand that statistics can be made to say anything. And the devil is in the details of what, when and how things are reported. Tenets of common sense (logic) will prevail once the politics are removed after a few more weeks.

My take on this is one side undervalues the effects and the other side over exaggerates the effects. The virus is dangerous for frail people and healthy people weather it better. I wear a mask because I don’t want to contribute in the slightest to passing on something to a person more susceptible than me. It’s a real thing, but not the devastating killer it’s made out to be. The Titans have proven that it is highly contagious though, so that argument should be over. And for “persecuted” Titansman1, I am a small business owner who has pretty much made nothing since mid-April.

My take on this is one side undervalues the effects and the other side over exaggerates the effects. The virus is dangerous for frail people and healthy people weather it better. I wear a mask because I don’t want to contribute in the slightest to passing on something to a person more susceptible than me. It’s a real thing, but not the devastating killer it’s made out to be. The Titans have proven that it is highly contagious though, so that argument should be over. And for “persecuted” Titansman1, I am a small business owner who has pretty much made nothing since mid-April.
And it doesn’t piss you off that your business has been shut down and your lively hood wrecked for no good reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Again you can't compare Sweden or kenya to NY is just not the same at all.

That's what I'm trying to say you do understand that right???

Why not use Paris,London, hong Kong ect...as your example.
I think we should be looking around the world and seeing what they are doing and what the results are, or aren’t.

France, Spain, UK, all had strict measures and have higher cases than some places that are more relaxed.

I have family in Greece, they locked down for about a month but since then pretty relaxed, no mandatory masks. Athens is a very congested city. They’ve has 20k cases and only 400 deaths, population of about 13mill. So in some cases there’s no rhyme or reason.

My gripe is why are we still shut down 7 months after the fact when we now know that the death rate is practically zero for everyone but a very small portion of the population. We don’t shut down for the flu season every year.

More titans positive, more reporting on potential punishment.

I’ll take that it by the news, none of them are showing symptoms or anyone trying to screw them over with their “reporting” really doesn’t care about their health condition.

I’ll take that it by the news, none of them are showing symptoms or anyone trying to screw them over with their “reporting” really doesn’t care about their health condition.
everyone needs a scapegoat when things don't go according to plan

Has anything been said about the health of those infected? Obviously we're all worried about the game being played, but I haven't heard a thing about if anyone is actually having a tough time, or even showing symptoms.

Everyone's all concerned about the death rate, but with most everyone on the team who has it being younger, that's not a huge concern. What is a concern is that this is a respiratory disease that can cause long term effects on their lungs.

some have showed symptoms.. it has been reported... however they never release medical information about players so i wouldnt expect them to give any details

Has anything been said about the health of those infected? Obviously we're all worried about the game being played, but I haven't heard a thing about if anyone is actually having a tough time, or even showing symptoms.

Everyone's all concerned about the death rate, but with most everyone on the team who has it being younger, that's not a huge concern. What is a concern is that this is a respiratory disease that can cause long term effects on their lungs.
yes, it has been reported some have symptoms

some have showed symptoms.. it has been reported... however they never release medical information about players so i wouldnt expect them to give any details
I agree they wouldn’t report specifics but no way they’d bypass if anyone was even remotely serious.
That leads me to believe none of the titans or staff are struggling with it.

Let’s play buffalo.

I agree they wouldn’t report specifics but no way they’d bypass if anyone was even remotely serious.

Let’s play buffalo.
they are professional athletes, most healthy guys in the world. no one expects them to die from it. that doesnt mean its okay for them all to spread and then bring it back to their families or others. it's not that hard to comprehend.

and dont say "well thats on them to be careful"

look at the titans, clearly that is not gonna happen

Let’s play buffalo.
That backup running back for the Jags has been on the covid list since before the season started and you don’t hear anything about how he’s doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back