Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t read deeply into the rule change other than what was posted in the first post, but is there any penalty assessed if the ball goes out of bounds? Used to be a penalty and ball would be placed at the 40 (if I remember correctly). But what now…can it hit in the landing zone and be spotted where it goes out?
instant TD for out of bounds, get dem points up

Onside Kick

“What we did preserve is we got the onside kick in its current format, same lineup, same rules, same everything, and you can use it in the fourth quarter, and you can use it twice. So, if you’re trailing, and you say, ‘I want to just kick a traditional onside kick,’ you have that right under this rule.”
This explanation equals retarded.

does that mean a team can fake onside kick it?
That’s legit strategy now as no team is really practicing a traditional KO anymore. A surprise non-onside, actual KO could result in positive actions to the kicking team too.

Might as well just put the ball on the 25 and take kickoffs out of the game. That’s basically what they’ve done anyway. The days of the big game changing KO returns seem to be over anyway.

Watch old film from games back in the 80s or 90s. It’s not the same game because they keep screwing with everything. Football is so wussified these days.

I don't think it's as bad as people make it. It should actually increase returns and I bet increases TDs. My main annoyance is the touchback to the 35.

There's no way in hell under any circumstances that a team should be awarded the ball at the 40 yard line.
My initial reaction was the same, but look at the landing zone, it's huge. It's essentially the same as kicking out of bounds. Punishes the kicking team if the kicker Fs up. I'm cool with it.

Might as well just put the ball on the 25 and take kickoffs out of the game. That’s basically what they’ve done anyway. The days of the big game changing KO returns seem to be over anyway.

Watch old film from games back in the 80s or 90s. It’s not the same game because they keep screwing with everything. Football is so wussified these days.
This rule actually does the opposite of what you think it does.

This rule actually does the opposite of what you think it does.
All I know is every time I turn around there is some new, convoluted rule change. And I can’t think of any that have actually made the game better, or more entertaining. (Except the new OT rules. I actually do like that change.)

Like I said, watch some old school games and you’ll see that the game they play today is 10x softer than back in the day. And somehow, we seem to have more injuries than ever.

Now they can’t even tackle. Can’t wait to see how many BS flags get thrown this year because of the new “hip-drop” tackle rule.
Why do they have to keep screwing with everything?

All I know is every time I turn around there is some new, convoluted rule change. And I can’t think of any that have actually made the game better, or more entertaining. (Except the new OT rules. I actually do like that change.)

Like I said, watch some old school games and you’ll see that the game they play today is 10x softer than back in the day. And somehow, we seem to have more injuries than ever.

Now they can’t even tackle. Can’t wait to see how many BS flags get thrown this year because of the new “hip-drop” tackle rule.
Why do they have to keep screwing with everything?
The new extra point rule has been the biggest changer imo. Many extra points missed now due to the added distance. It is no longer a gimme

The new extra point rule has been the biggest changer imo. Many extra points missed now due to the added distance. It is no longer a gimme
nfl not allowing going for 2 when XP was 99.9% was crazy

wonder if nfl will have 'going for 3 from 10' or '4 pointer from 20' rules... they seem to want more scoring and being able to make up 10 point deficit with a 20 into the EZ play would do that

could also put man sized pinball bumpers at corners of EZ and allow an extra point if they are activated when lite .... cause mo' scoring

FWIW I agree about the longer XP ... 95% does make the occasional miss happen and they always seem to matter late in the game when there is one missed

nfl not allowing going for 2 when XP was 99.9% was crazy

wonder if nfl will have 'going for 3 from 10' or '4 pointer from 20' rules... they seem to want more scoring and being able to make up 10 point deficit with a 20 into the EZ play would do that

could also put man sized pinball bumpers at corners of EZ and allow an extra point if they are activated when lite .... cause mo' scoring

FWIW I agree about the longer XP ... 95% does make the occasional miss happen and they always seem to matter late in the game when there is one missed
For those that remember NBA Jam and “hot spots”, let’s get it started.
Either a K kicks from a hot spot of various point value. Still somewhere between hashes but at varying distances. Like 3rd and 10 from 12 yard line but hot spot lights up for a 52 yard 5 point FG. Decisions decisions.

could also use it for like throws, if a QB scrambles to hot spot and throws a TD or a RB just runs through an active hot spot and scores. Tons of bonus points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back