Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every NFL coach, both those who are currently employed and those who will be looking for new employment, will be at the Senior Bowl and there will be a lot of networking going on. It's where many offseason position coaching hires are made every year. Expect for Malarkey to do some networking of his own there.

For example, if Coach X is looking for work and he worked with coaches Y and Z in the past, Malarkey might ask Y and Z about Coach X. More than likely, the new receivers coach(es) will be hired after Senior Bowl week.

It will be interesting to see who Mularkey brings in to work with WRs. Developing WRs has been an issue here for a while. I though Jefferson was going to be a good position coach for us there........ He always seemed engaged & hands-on. He did very little with the many guys we tried to develop though.

Jerry Sullivan from Jacksonville is an interesting guy. He did a lot with 2 rookies in their 1st seasons. However, they really fell off this year.

It's a tough position to coach if the QB is having a really bad year though. Bortles' mechanics were all over the place this year.

As some one pointed out; it will probably be later before we hear about this position. Probably another blast from Mularkey's past. That has been the case for most the coaches on his staff. I just hope this guy is a younger offensive mind.......A little youth is needed on this staff.........LOL

Cal fired HC Sonny Dykes... Experience as a WR coach, offense minded.

I don't know much about him....Is he good? Bad? Terrible?

Seems like his firing shocked the Cal players

Draft Mike Williams #5.

Hire Jeff Scott as WR coach. Clemson Co-OC & WR Coach. Co-OC past 2 seasons, WR coach since 2008. Some great WRs have come out of Clemson in that period.

th
This guy.

Isn't he dead?

Maybe Clemson is because of Dabo Sweeny, since that was his specialty, WR

Good point. While this is obviously not the only indicator, it's worth noting that Clemson did not have a WR on an NFL roster from 2003-2008 while Swinney was the WR coach. Based on his promotions and WR production during his coaching period, I've got to think that Jeff Scott should be a consideration.

and where is the evidence of either? Under Munchak the O line here sucked balls.

As a HC, yes.

Munchak is the best Oline coach in the league.

You are telling me the Oline under Fisher was a weakness? 08 and 09, our line "sucked balls"? You sure about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back