Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Munchak the O line here sucked balls.
Incorrect
From 1997-2010 The Tennessee Titans allowed the second fewest sacks of any team in the NFL, just behind Indianapolis
During the 14 years when Munch was o line coach the Titans ranked in the top 3 for lowest sack percentage 5 times, top 10 8 times, and in the bottom half of the league twice. (17th in 1997, 23rd in 2004)

The QB's for the worst two seasons were Billy Volek in 2004 and Steve McNair in 1997 in his first season as the starter. 1997 was also Munchak's first year as O-Line Coach.

What about the run game?

It is hard to look at overall numbers to judge an O-Line, esp. when Eddie George is the running back for 7 of those seasons, and Chris Johnson's first three years account for three more. It is interesting to see the change in Chris Johnson's production after 2010, when Munchak was in charge of the whole team, not just the O-line, even if that wasn't the only factor.

Looking at Football Outsiders ratings team offense the Titans ranked top ten in rushing offense efficiency 7 times, and in the bottom 10 4 times.

The big thing is the pass protection. His lines protected Kerry Collinsand Vince Young really well

Summarized from:
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/6/4/5779732/mike-munchak-by-the-numbers

Last edited by a moderator:
According to PK; Mularkey is not considering other WR Coaches, who were fired with their HCs from other teams.

Must be looking to bring in another old out of work buddy...........

Not sure who he is looking at. No one seems to be even discussing it on any level.... Not that the hiring of a Titans' WR Coach is big news nationally; but you would think SOME information would be out there about candidates.

If Mularkey keeps putting this off; good position coaches will be hired with other new HCs. I guess he is not concerned about anyone wanting who he is considering.

Another old grey mare coming out of the stable apparently......LOL

According to PK; Mularkey is not considering other WR Coaches, who were fired with their HCs from other teams.

Must be looking to bring in another old out of work buddy...........

Not sure who he is looking at. No one seems to be even discussing it on any level.... Not that the hiring of a Titans' WR Coach is big news nationally; but you would think SOME information would be out there about candidates.

If Mularkey keeps putting this off; good position coaches will be hired with other new HCs. I guess he is not concerned about anyone wanting who he is considering.

Another old grey mare coming out of the stable apparently......LOL

Our O-Line says that might not be a bad idea......

Our O-Line says that might not be a bad idea......

I did not say it was a bad idea...............It does make you wonder why fire a guy without some one else in mind. Especially when the guy you had has helped drastically decrease the amount of dropped passes we have seen.

I am glad Mularkey wants to improve at the position. Our WRs were much better this year IMO. Matthews was the biggest reason for that. I just question why to make a change with no candidate in mind that is an improvement on what you had. It could easily go the other way....

it is obviously a position where we need more talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back