Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Since we drafted Marcus Mariota, I've noticed a bit of Tennessean Peyton manning-itis among Oregon fans, or some randoms in general.

Seeing things on Facebook like, "I guess I'm a titans fan now." Just because we drafted him.

I've been in it for this team since they moved here, and it's a tad hard to take seeing people jump from team to team for me, all the fake fan talk from last year might seem like child's play compared to this season.

Where will all these fans go if things turn sour?

Will they tough it out? Or just jump ship?

And to any new fans who have recently signed up, welcome, but don't be surprised if things get hairy before season's end, because that's what the rest of us usually expect.

Since we drafted Marcus Mariota, I've noticed a bit of Tennessean Peyton manning-itis among Oregon fans, or some randoms in general.

Seeing things on Facebook like, "I guess I'm a titans fan now." Just because we drafted him.

I've been in it for this team since they moved here, and it's a tad hard to take seeing people jump from team to team for me, all the fake fan talk from last year might seem like child's play compared to this season.

Where will all these fans go if things turn sour?

Will they tough it out? Or just jump ship?

And to any new fans who have recently signed up, welcome, but don't be surprised if things get hairy before season's end, because that's what the rest of us usually expect.
See: 2006, after VY was drafted..

We had huge traffic here. As soon as that went sour, everybody left. It's only a momentary status bump if the QB busts. If they do well, you may have lifetime fans.

Comes with the territory when drafting a highly touted big time college QB. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm sure most will jump ship sooner rather than later. But who knows some of them may become lifetime Titan fans because of it. And we need all the fans we can get IMO.

We have one of the most anemic fan bases in pro sports.

Are we really going to complain about receiving an influx of new fans?

I welcome them honestly....Bout time. I always loved our fan base because you know we are passionate dealing with the BS and as small market as we are for years. Very loyal!

See: 2006, after VY was drafted..

We had huge traffic here. As soon as that went sour, everybody left. It's only a momentary status bump if the QB busts. If they do well, you may have lifetime fans.
Became a fairweather Titans fan when they were in the super bowl when I was 10. 15 disappointing years later and I'm still proud to be a Titans fan.

No problem with new fans as long as they aren't full blown retards like the VY crew was. That groups would be very hard to match though.

Everyone becomes a fan for a (usually arbitrary) reason if you trace it back. It's extremely dickish to tell somehow he or she can't be a fan and act holier-than-thou.

And as someone mentioned, the Titans have one of the NFL's smallest fan bases. The more the merrier.

At some point, none of us were fans. For me, i was a chiefs fan (and a soccer fan) when i was growing up. Because my family is from germany and kansas city. But, then i started really liking mcnair and followed him to the oilers. Then it really helped my fandom when they moved to tn, where i have lived most of my life.

I live in Philly and I am honestly die hard Philly with every sport other than Football. I remember hating the Eagles even as a kid. I just couldn't stand their choke artist stigma, rude and arrogant fan base, and McNabb's horribly inaccurate/chuckling after throwing INT's a##.....I have family and friends in TN and always like Moon previously as an Oiler, then Titans with George (a hometown boy) and co. Never looked back.

I think the attention is awesome. Of course you draft a fan favorite and great guy the fans are going to follow. I say welcome, maybe our luck is changing. Go Titans. Some of us are die hard Oilers/Titans. I was 2 years old when became a fan. That was 54 years ago. I stay through thick and thin. Last year was hard to watch. We turn it around this year.

I welcome the new fans too, but I don't wanna hear any bitching if things turn south. :3 maybe the stands won't be so empty this year, though, that'll be nice to see for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back