Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans are fans for various reasons whether it's a certain player(s), location, how well the team is doing, family loyality, whatever. Nice to have the excitement for a change to be honest.

I literally did the same thing.
almost everyone did. there were a few waves of player fandom..

1. Oilers fan who transferred when they did

2. Fan once they moved to TN

3.Fan during 1st season or shortly after.

4.VY fanboys (Pretty sure they no longer exist)

Pretty sure the Titans have not acquired any significant amount of fans since 2006, and most of those are gone due to VY flaming out.

Most people here (that weren't toddlers or a little kid during 2000) became fans from 1999-2003.. Just an assumption. Since then, there's honestly no reason for anyone to become a long-term Titans fan.

Pretty sure the Titans have not acquired any significant amount of fans since 2006, and most of those are gone due to VY flaming out.

Most people here (that weren't toddlers or a little kid during 2000) became fans from 1999-2003.. Just an assumption. Since then, there's honestly no reason for anyone to become a long-term Titans fan.

Hopefully that changes with Mariota... 3rd time's the charm (with drafting a QB in the Top-10) :toast:

This franchise is in no place to be turning away fans, I welcome anyone who takes an interest in the Titans.

Bandwagon fans are what they are, theyre easy to spot and easy to forget when theyre gone..

I became a fan because my family is all Steelers fan, and the person I am, I like to go against everyone. So me and a friend decided to go with the team that had Heisman trophy winning OHIO STATE BUCKEYE Eddie George.

Just so happen a year later, we went to the Superbowl so that pretty much cemented the fandom.

Option #2 here. Been hardcore fan since. I was fans of Cowboys and Steelers prior.

I don't care why you are a fan, as long as you aren't a fair whether fan. Stick with your team no matter what.

I have a ton of respect for Browns fans (they have suffered through a lot) ... I have 0 respect for Colts fans (bunch of whiny fans, and any that are around my age haven't really ever had to endure tough times). I honestly wonder how many colts fans will stick around when they suck (which will inevitably happen at some point)

I don't care why you are a fan, as long as you aren't a fair whether fan. Stick with your team no matter what.

I have a ton of respect for Browns fans (they have suffered through a lot) ... I have 0 respect for Colts fans (bunch of whiny fans, and any that are around my age haven't really ever had to endure tough times). I honestly wonder how many colts fans will stick around when they suck (which will inevitably happen at some point)
I assume you haven't met a ton of browns fans.. they are obnoxious, and overall not too respectable in any way.

You are right on about Colts fans (at least a lot of them)
They don't know hard times at all, as a fan. If it ever comes their way, they may bail..
But sometimes bandwagoners are in it for the long haul (like we are/were)

I respect browns fans because of all the crap they've had to endure, it doesn't mean I like them. Lol

Colts fans however, can eat a dick, all they do is make excuses when they do bad, even their commentators do the same crap.

I respect browns fans because of all the crap they've had to endure, it doesn't mean I like them. Lol

Colts fans however, can eat a dick, all they do is make excuses when they do bad, even their commentators do the same crap.

You can't tell a girl Colt's fan apart from a boy Colt's fan. Period.

2.Fan once they moved to TN......

I just turned 40 in March. Been watching NFL since 1985 and rooted for mainly Raiders and Lions. Always wanted a team here and in 1999 i became a fan when the team became the Tennessee Titans. Crazy they made the Super Bowl first year here as Titans. Team was actually good 99-08 first ten years. Had best record in league twice,won some division titles,made postseason half dozen times,etc, 2009-2014 the last five years have sucked mainly due to no QB.......

15 years ago I became a Titans fan because I liked the mug my brother bought because it was a "new" team. I still have the mug...

I assume you haven't met a ton of browns fans.. they are obnoxious, and overall not too respectable in any way.

You are right on about Colts fans (at least a lot of them)
They don't know hard times at all, as a fan. If it ever comes their way, they may bail..
But sometimes bandwagoners are in it for the long haul (like we are/were)
Same thing up in Packer country. Favre to Rodgers since 93. Being that I was born in 89 my friends have never known a down franchise. Pisses me off.

We have thousands of new fans since we drafted Mariota. Most Oregon fans are Titans fans now.

Tons of Hawaiians will be Titans fans.

Even big college football fans with no real pro team are going to become fans of the Titans... One of my friends has done this now.

Please, Mariota... Be amazing.

If he busts, we lose pretty much that entire new wave of fans. If he ascends to top 10 QB status, we have solidified a good foundation with a great fan base.

I became a fan because my family is all Steelers fan, and the person I am, I like to go against everyone. So me and a friend decided to go with the team that had Heisman trophy winning OHIO STATE BUCKEYE Eddie George.

Just so happen a year later, we went to the Superbowl so that pretty much cemented the fandom.

So you just cemented your place as the most intelligent family member.

I welcome anyone who will be willing to endure the pains of being a Titans fan. Who cares about when they become a fan, a fan is a fan as long as they cheer for one team and one team only. Who cares about if you're becoming a Titans fan because of Mariota, that's way better than my reason. I only became a fan of the Titans because they were newly placed in Tennessee the year I began watching football seriously back in 97.

Bottom Line: Titans fans aren't haters, we welcome every fan regardless of when or why they became a fan.

GO TITANS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back