Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a nut job saying it is not happening. i was just saying overall numbers don't tell the whole picture. I think we should have locked down hard to start. I was just speaking from the perspective of the numbers presented.
Not at all. I’m sorry if it came across that way. I wasn’t disagreeing, just found those numbers interesting in the fact that those are part of the reason things are the way they are right now.

everyone has their opinions, as it should be. The argument usually is that only older people are affected (or at the most risk). True but everyone willing to “just get it and deal with it” infect/affect others and it gets back to those vulnerable.

I have relatives still fighting it, a 20-something friend who almost died from it and an aunt that did die from it.....so I view it differently than some, and that’s ok to.
(Yes. She was 70 but had NO underlying issues. She was incredibly healthy.)

back to the topic at hand.....
So much for getting the opposing o-line to jump off sides. Interesting to see how the season ticket situation shakes out in the end.

I’m so sick of all of this Covid BS. I’m not saying that there isn’t a bug going around that for a very small portion of the population could be problematic. But that’s a very small portion of the population. For everyone one else, let us get back to normal. People in the higher risk category like my in-laws or stepdad should take precautions.

Here is a Stanford study by a well respected epidemiologist, early on he was saying that the projected death rate was overblown (plus he’s Greek, so you know he’s good at math and science...lol). For most people 70 and under, the risks are about the same as the flu.

For healthy people under 50, the death rate is virtually zero. For kids under 17, the common flu killed about 5x more than Covid. 190 kids under 17 died from the flu this year.

Enough is enough, let the 99% of the population that has virtually zero risk get on with their lives. Let us go to a freaking football game if we want to for crying out loud.

Up to 300 Million People May Be Infected by Covid-19, Stanford Guru John Ioannidis Says | USA.GreekReporter.com
The “same as the flu” Thing passed long ago.

back to the topic at hand.....
So much for getting the opposing o-line to jump off sides. Interesting to see how the season ticket situation shakes out in the end.
I think I agree but you may have a typo (OL don’t have offsides) but with it dead silent, I would think and increase in offsides/encroachment but a decrease in false starts.

The “same as the flu” Thing passed long ago.
Really? Based on what studies or facts? The inflated number of cases? Cases mean nothing, people catch colds.

Here’s the facts, almost half of the deaths were in nursing homes. Average age of deaths is 78... 92% of the people who died had at least one underlying condition, 87% had two. The daily deaths are down about 75% since the peak in April even as cases are up.

Again, not saying that there isn’t a virus or that for SOME people it can be dangerous. But for the MASSES, the death rate falls right in line with the flu. For a lot of people it’s not even as bad as flu.

Almost half the people that get the virus are asymptomatic. Not much of a killer disease if 40-50% of the people, don’t even show any symptoms at all. This is first time in history that we have quarantined the healthy.

Remember, all of these draconian shutdown measures was because our hospitals were going to be overrun, 40-50 million people were going to die like back with the Spanish Flu. That isn’t happening so why keep up the charade?

These shutdowns are way worse for the masses than the risk of catching this cold. People in the high risk category should definitely take precautions. For the other 99% of the population, let’s get our lives back.

I'll be honest, I've been taking it pretty seriously. I have no underlying health issues at all and the chances are very good that I won't have any issues with it. Reports of people having unresolved symptoms even after they are cleared of the virus is what scares me. As more of an endurance athlete who runs 50-70 miles a week, anything that would compromise lung function sounds terrifying.

I'll be honest, I've been taking it pretty seriously. I have no underlying health issues at all and the chances are very good that I won't have any issues with it. Reports of people having unresolved symptoms even after they are cleared of the virus is what scares me. As more of an endurance athlete who runs 50-70 miles a week, anything that would compromise lung function sounds terrifying.
What’s the motivation to keep running?
I had about a 3-4 year gap where I was running about 15 miles a week (not a lot for comparison) but after I deployed again, motivation disappeared. What keeps you running?

I was just thinking about this. This is going to absolutely negate home field advantage.

Say we are done 10 and Henry, or Brown snag a big play and a key first down. Really going to be a whole new game this season, imo.
Traveling still factors into home field advantage

Denver's altitude will also benefit the home team. Extreme climate conditions like Florida teams in September, and Northern teams in December.

Teams that will really feel the absence of fans are the teams with rowdy fans that change the game in the end zone for the visiting team.. Seattle, KC, Buffalo.....

I had about a 3-4 year gap where I was running about 15 miles a week (not a lot for comparison) but after I deployed again, motivation disappeared. What keeps you running?
Different for everyone, I suppose.

Got a friend who runs or bikes EVERY morning. Still runs marathons when she can. She in her 40s.

I have bad joints, so no impact exercise for me - but I do want to get back into biking around my area.

A good friend of mine was saying the same thing. Wearing his mask, slathering himself in sanitizer, taking all of the precautions. He was kind of jabbing me for not wearing a mask and not being too concerned.

Guess who ended up catching Covid, yep, my super cautious friend. He’s 69 and in good health. Doesn’t really workout but eats pretty good and is active. He was sick for about week. Had a nasty cough, really tired for a few days and then it was gone. Just like any other cold.

The news outlets only spotlight the rare unexplainable type cases, not the norm. I don’t shut my life down for the flu every year, I feel like if a person is healthy they shouldn’t have to for this either.

I’m 54, so I’m not a kid. But I’m in better shape than most guys half my age. I workout 5 days a week and keep myself around 10% body fat year round. I’m on no meds, no underlying conditions. That doesn’t guarantee that I won’t be one of those fluke cases, but odds are if I catch it, it won’t be a big deal. Again, let’s get back to normal and let the individual decide how they want to approach it.

Watching sports with no fans and fake cheers pumped in just doesn’t cut it. Boring as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple buddies that run ultras in the 50-100mi range. So I generally train with them. I've done a 50 but didn't quite finish due to an ankle sprain mid race. So I definitely have some unfinished business there. But I've also gotten the mountaineering bug and the non technical peaks are essentially just a test of your aerobic fitness.

I have a couple buddies that run ultras in the 50-100mi range. So I generally train with them. I've done a 50 but didn't quite finish due to an ankle sprain mid race. So I definitely have some unfinished business there. But I've also gotten the mountaineering bug and the non technical peaks are essentially just a test of your aerobic fitness.
God bless you....I can barely do a half marathon lol.....I run about 3 miles daily just to maintain (along with pushups) and I’m perfectly fine with that at 39. lol.

Really? Based on what studies or facts? The inflated number of cases? Cases mean nothing, people catch colds.

Here’s the facts, almost half of the deaths were in nursing homes. Average age of deaths is 78... 92% of the people who died had at least one underlying condition, 87% had two. The daily deaths are down about 75% since the peak in April even as cases are up.

Again, not saying that there isn’t a virus or that for SOME people it can be dangerous. But for the MASSES, the death rate falls right in line with the flu. For a lot of people it’s not even as bad as flu.

Almost half the people that get the virus are asymptomatic. Not much of a killer disease if 40-50% of the people, don’t even show any symptoms at all. This is first time in history that we have quarantined the healthy.

Remember, all of these draconian shutdown measures was because our hospitals were going to be overrun, 40-50 million people were going to die like back with the Spanish Flu. That isn’t happening so why keep up the charade?

These shutdowns are way worse for the masses than the risk of catching this cold. People in the high risk category should definitely take precautions. For the other 99% of the population, let’s get our lives back.
Pretty much all the facts and studies....other than those on OAN, Fox, or Qanon.
The flu does not kill 170k+ people a year in the U.S., but I can see from your words of "inflated number of cases"...."draconian shutdown" your opinion. And that's great.....everyone has their right to their own.
Mine is that this is NOT the flu, like the flu, or no worse than the flu.

Pretty much all the facts and studies....other than those on OAN, Fox, or Qanon.
The flu does not kill 170k+ people a year in the U.S., but I can see from your words of "inflated number of cases"...."draconian shutdown" your opinion. And that's great.....everyone has their right to their own.
Mine is that this is NOT the flu, like the flu, or no worse than the flu.
I didn’t say it was the flu, what I said was that for MOST people it’s no more deadly than the flu. For a very small segment of the population, yes, it can be dangerous. Like I said, my in-laws and step father are in that high risk category and are taking precautions. But for the other 99% of the population this is no more risky than the flu.

The flu in a bad year has killed upwards of 80k. H1N1 killed as many as 500k I think it was and none of this BS we’re dealing with now.

That 170k is inflated too. People dying in motorcycle crashes are marked as Covid. A guy in my office had a 96 year old relative who had been sick for a while die and they coded her as Covid.

Did you even read the Stanford study by Dr. John Ioanidis? This guy is a world renowned epidemiologist. He’s not a quack or politically motivated.

Again, other than your “feelings” where are the facts that this is more deadly for healthy people than the flu? Show me the study where people under 50 or even 70 without underlying conditions have a death rate so high that it warrants locking us down and ruining millions of lives and businesses in the process?

Sweden never locked down and they are already into herd immunity and their death rate was no worse than most places who did. In Greece they locked down for about a month but are back open. No masks except on public transit and they only have 8100 cases and only 200 deaths total. You can stay huddled up in a corner in fear until there are zero cases if you want, but let those of us who don’t feel that they are at risk get back to normal.

I didn’t say it was the flu, what I said was that for MOST people it’s no more deadly than the flu. For a very small segment of the population, yes, it can be dangerous. Like I said, my in-laws and step father are in that high risk category and are taking precautions. But for the other 99% of the population this is no more risky than the flu.

The flu in a bad year has killed upwards of 80k. H1N1 killed as many as 500k I think it was and none of this BS we’re dealing with now.

That 170k is inflated too. People dying in motorcycle crashes are marked as Covid. A guy in my office had a 96 year old relative who had been sick for a while die and they coded her as Covid.

Did you even read the Stanford study by Dr. John Ioanidis? This guy is a world renowned epidemiologist. He’s not a quack or politically motivated.

Again, other than your “feelings” where are the facts that this is more deadly for healthy people than the flu? Show me the study where people under 50 or even 70 without underlying conditions have a death rate so high that it warrants locking us down and ruining millions of lives and businesses in the process?

Sweden never locked down and they are already into herd immunity and their death rate was no worse than most places who did. In Greece they locked down for about a month but are back open. No masks except on public transit and they only have 8100 cases and only 200 deaths total. You can stay huddled up in a corner in fear until there are zero cases if you want, but let those of us who don’t feel that they are at risk get back to normal.
Sweden is nowhere near where you need to be for herd immunity, we won't get to that without the help of a vaccine unless there is a very unacceptable levels of deaths. Here is a chart of Sweden vs. their neighbors who did lock down as well for your reference:

Sweden is nowhere near where you need to be for herd immunity, we won't get to that without the help of a vaccine unless there is a very unacceptable levels of deaths. Here is a chart of Sweden vs. their neighbors who did lock down as well for your reference:
Their daily deaths are virtually zero now. Seems like they’re out of the woods to me.

Look at the daily death chart below. And no way in hell I’m getting a vaccine that has been rushed to market for something I have zero fear of catching. I don’t even get a flu shot either. The money to be made on the vaccine is probably a big driving force behind keeping the fear alive on this BS virus.

View attachment 17698

Again, I have no problem with those of you who are scared of this so called killer disease. Stay home, stay scared. That’s your choice. Or for the people who are truly in a high risk category.

But there is no reason to keep these ridiculous forced shutdown and mask measures in place for the rest of us. If I want to go to a football game, I should be able to do so. Should be my choice. Enough is enough.

I got an email from the Jags saying that I could go on Ticketmaster and buy socially distanced seats to Jags games...I'm still on their email list from going to watch the Titans play down there.... I guess not enough season ticket holders to fill a socially distanced stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back