Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not gonna turn this into a corona virus thread but that’s not how the virus works. It’s not nearly as deadly as many are led to believe either.

We all still work - no reason to suspend the NFL free agency period.

Just answered your question about medicals and why a hospital is different than doing an NFL medical. If you don’t like the answer, that is fine.

Today’s the day boys. Someone’s gettin signed.
Id say this FA period is gonna be bigger than usual now that teams cant conduct predraft meetings with rookies in person. Rookies are always a gamble, but what the FAs have done so far translates to other NFL programs more clearly.

Before this Coronavirus thing I didnt think wed be active signing other FAs but now.....

Today’s the day boys. Someone’s gettin signed.

I am guessing tomorrow is the day. CBA vote will be determined and we will know how many tags we have. And then we have until Monday to use them. Sunday should be the busy day. If we get both tags, I bet we tag Henry and Tannehill. If we get one, we tag the one we can’t get a deal with that day.

Id say this FA period is gonna be bigger than usual now that teams cant conduct predraft meetings with rookies in person. Rookies are always a gamble, but what the FAs have done so far translates to other NFL programs more clearly.

Before this Coronavirus thing I didnt think wed be active signing other FAs but now.....

Well JC...that's a take... personally I'd say that free agency is always big, corona virus or not...

Also, predraft visits amount for very little of a prospects overall grade, i highly doubt JR makes rash decisions to throw extra money at free agents due to not being able to meet with a prospect in person. The tape and combine account for the VAST majority of a prospects grade. They can get the other stuff through phone or video calls...only thing we're missing is vvrabels hands on drills, which admittedly are a nice addition to the process, but i highly doubt this will cause us to go on a crazy spending spree In the coming days...

JR has a plan, and i think he will stick to it... he will try to bring back Tanne, Derrick and Conk, but we aint overpaying. Tanne 25 mil, 3 years MAX. Derrick, 12 mil, 3 years MAX. Conk 15 mil per MAX..

If these guys don't wanna play in Nashville on a great titans team, then fu** em. We'd LOVE to have all these guys back, but they're simply not worth more than the aforementioned contracts.

Bold prediction: If we lose Tanne to free agency, Marcus will be our starting quarterback next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well JC...that's a take... personally I'd say that free agency is always big, corona virus or not...

Also, predraft visits amount for very little of a prospects overall grade, i highly doubt JR makes rash decisions to throw extra money at free agents due to not being able to meet with a prospect in person. The tape and combine account for the VAST majority of a prospects grade. They can get the other stuff through phone or video calls...only thing we're missing is vvrabels hands on drills, which admittedly are a nice addition to the process, but i highly doubt this will cause us to go on a crazy spending spree In the coming days...

JR has a plan, and i think he will stick to it... he will try to bring back Tanne, Derrick and Conk, but we aint overpaying. Tanne 25 mil, 3 years MAX. Derrick, 12 mil, 3 years MAX. Conk 15 mil per MAX..

If these guys don't wanna play in Nashville on a great titans team, then fu** em. We'd LOVE to have all these guys back, but they're simply not worth more than the aforementioned contracts.

Bold prediction: If we lose Tanne to free agency, Marcus will be our starting quarterback next season.

JR has somewhat complained about the changes at the combine, I cant imagine hes happy about now having to invest his picks in players he doesnt have a full profile on.

IMO this helps free agents. I didn't think we were going to sign anyone in FA, but now this could be enough to tilt the scales some.

JR has somewhat complained about the changes at the combine, I cant imagine hes happy about now having to invest his picks in players he doesnt have a full profile on.

IMO this helps free agents. I didn't think we were going to sign anyone in FA, but now this could be enough to tilt the scales some.

Why would u think we weren't going to sign anyone in free agency? We have 60+ million in cap space and we're only a couple pieces away from being a super bowl team. Also, again, i highly doubt not meeting w a player in person is going to affect our decisions much...it could, but i doubt it.

Why would u think we weren't going to sign anyone in free agency? We have 60+ million in cap space and we're only a couple pieces away from being a super bowl team. Also, again, i highly doubt not meeting w a player in person is going to affect our decisions much...it could, but i doubt it.
If definitely matters. This aint madden, personalies matter

If definitely matters. This aint madden, personalies matter

Again, since you either love when i repeat myself or you're dyslexic, there's a thing called technology thst allows you to talk to people over the phone or even on video!!! It's really quite an amazing thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back