Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are gonna have to cut, trade, or renegotiate several guys. It does seem quite odd.
Does the cap work that way? I assumed all this time that you had to make room before you signed a player. To me the way this works is he took a nothing first year payout to get a longer deal.

Does the cap work that way? I assumed all this time that you had to make room before you signed a player. To me the way this works is he took a nothing first year payout to get a longer deal.

I don't know to be honest. Could be some moves have been that haven't been announced yet?

Yes but right now is a weird situation bc people are agreeing to deals without inking the contracts. I'm just guessing, but it would make sense that they could use this to lock someone down before making the cap space.

This will get some blowback, but I wouldnt hate bringing in Josh Gordon. Hes got issues, sure. But the league is no longer punishing players for marijuana and he has applied for reinstatement. Hes a UFA and surely could be acquired very cheap. Hes a high upside flyer that can be cut at the first sign of issues.

This will get some blowback, but I wouldnt hate bringing in Josh Gordon. Hes got issues, sure. But the league is no longer punishing players for marijuana and he has applied for reinstatement. Hes a UFA and surely could be acquired very cheap. Hes a high upside flyer that can be cut at the first sign of issues.
I agree he's talented but he's been cut 3 times now at the first sign of issues...he's running out or maybe out of chances

Means the team can't officially announce them. We should still hear about players agreeing to contracts, like Beasley.

I think it means you can't announce until they've signed- not agreed to. It protects the player in the event they don't pass their physical. Keeps their health info confidential which fed gov't requires.

Yeah the falcons are taking advantage of no one being able to officially sign yet. Locking up players they don’t have room for yet.

Agreed. And if it weren't for the NFL changing their stance on weed, I would never had suggested it.
Yeah I don't think weed is an issue but he doesn't seem to get it..."million dollar talent, 2 cent brain" kind of thing

I'd rather go after someone like Robinson from KC

Cam isn’t a free agent. The Panthers have given him permission to seek a trade. BUT... they would certainly take less than a 4th for him.
Thanks for clarifying. But yeah, Bears management are some dumb arse fawks hahaha. I think they could have gotten a better QB than Foles for a 4th round pick. That is almost as stupid as Texans giving away Hopkins

Thanks for clarifying. But yeah, Bears management are some dumb arse fawks hahaha. I think they could have gotten a better QB than Foles for a 4th round pick. That is almost as stupid as Texans giving away Hopkins
Cam watching his market shrink to nothing. It will be interesting to see when and if he lands somewhere prior to the start of the season. I think people are worried about his injury history/issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back