Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the overthecap calculator, we should be able to sign Logan, Clowney, Sharpe, Brock, Correa and have room for draft picks. The cap number it shows is just year 1. Clowney I backloaded a little.

View attachment 17289

why sign Beasley if they planned to go after Clowney? I could be wrong but I don’t see Clowney coming here. I’d rather them grab a quality DT to play with Simmons.

why sign Beasley if they planned to go after Clowney? I could be wrong but I don’t see Clowney coming here. I’d rather them grab a quality DT to play with Simmons.
Clowney has played plenty of 3-4 DE. He moves all over.

I was really doing the exercise to see if we had room to keep some of our guys, including logan, and still sign a big free agent.

According to the overthecap calculator, we should be able to sign Logan, Clowney, Sharpe, Brock, Correa and have room for draft picks. The cap number it shows is just year 1. Clowney I backloaded a little.

View attachment 17289

I wouldn’t complain if that happened, you must be good at math all of the cap stuff confuses me one day I hear we have so much to spend, the next day it’s completely different. I guess if we signed Clowney we better have that pass rush we’ve been missing for so long.

Right now we need a dt/34 de, a cb, wr and a rb2 before the draft imo. Of course we have other depth positions to fill, but those can wait until the draft and post draft signings.
Dt/34de- clowney?, harris, suh, wolf
Cb- ryan, smith, breeland, rhodes
Rb- drake, gordon, gurley
Wr- anderson, perriman, agholor, sanders

According to spotrac we have 36.2m left, i know that doesn't include rookies, but i think we could make room by restructuring, cutting or trading if need be. With 36.2m and only 4 needs, we could pay those guys 9m a piece. That's plenty to get those guys in here. It would be very interesting if we could convince gurley or gordon to backup henry for 7m or less

Lol Titans ain’t signing Clowny for 20+ mil like he wants and not Gurley and Freeman either.

Probably using that extra Casey money to lock up Henry (satisfy him) and find some cheap option backup.

Wouldn’t mind a Matt Breida type - Niners still have a cluster @ RB someone has to go there with McKinnon back

Why would we sign Gurley? His knee is shot, also he’s too expensive. I’m pretty sure that’s why they tagged Henry to avoid a Gurley situation. Makes zero sense to throw money his way unless he signs for like $3 million which he won’t

No way on earth we used that franchise tag for Henry just to then resign him to a new contract immediately. They had plenty of time to negotiate a contract already if that was the plan.

Sidenote: Clowney is aight, but I’d way rather trade our first for Chris Jones or Grady Jarrett. Those guys are straight beasts.

No way on earth we used that franchise tag for Henry just to then resign him to a new contract immediately. They had plenty of time to negotiate a contract already if that was the plan.

Sidenote: Clowney is aight, but I’d way rather trade our first for Chris Jones or Grady Jarrett. Those guys are straight beasts.

We can't afford them plus the chiefs wouldn't trade us Chris Jones.

Right now we need a dt/34 de, a cb, wr and a rb2 before the draft imo. Of course we have other depth positions to fill, but those can wait until the draft and post draft signings.
Dt/34de- clowney?, harris, suh, wolf
Cb- ryan, smith, breeland, rhodes
Rb- drake, gordon, gurley
Wr- anderson, perriman, agholor, sanders

According to spotrac we have 36.2m left, i know that doesn't include rookies, but i think we could make room by restructuring, cutting or trading if need be. With 36.2m and only 4 needs, we could pay those guys 9m a piece. That's plenty to get those guys in here. It would be very interesting if we could convince gurley or gordon to backup henry for 7m or less
We have just over 26 million. Vic Beasly's contract hasn't been put on spotrac yet

Why would we sign Gurley? His knee is shot, also he’s too expensive. I’m pretty sure that’s why they tagged Henry to avoid a Gurley situation. Makes zero sense to throw money his way unless he signs for like $3 million which he won’t
The knee is something to check out but as far as $, Gurley will still make 7 mil this year so maybe he signs a 1 year 3-4 mil prove it deal?

The knee is something to check out but as far as $, Gurley will still make 7 mil this year so maybe he signs a 1 year 3-4 mil prove it deal?
Gurley is not going to go somewhere where he's clearly the number 2. Surely he'll pick a place where he at least thinks he can compete for a starting gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back