Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we could pull off a 2 year 36 million deal with Clowney. Under his 20 a year but close and short enough to keep him motivated for his next contract. He would be young enough to get another big contract after that. No state income tax would have him like 20 mil for Seahawks. We could find a replacement for him between now and t bgg on in the draft.

Lol Titans ain’t signing Clowny for 20+ mil like he wants and not Gurley and Freeman either.

Probably using that extra Casey money to lock up Henry (satisfy him) and find some cheap option backup.

Wouldn’t mind a Matt Breida type - Niners still have a cluster @ RB someone has to go there with McKinnon back

I believe Breida took an 1 year deal to stay with the 49ers.

Right now we need a dt/34 de, a cb, wr and a rb2 before the draft imo. Of course we have other depth positions to fill, but those can wait until the draft and post draft signings.
Dt/34de- clowney?, harris, suh, wolf
Cb- ryan, smith, breeland, rhodes
Rb- drake, gordon, gurley
Wr- anderson, perriman, agholor, sanders

According to spotrac we have 36.2m left, i know that doesn't include rookies, but i think we could make room by restructuring, cutting or trading if need be. With 36.2m and only 4 needs, we could pay those guys 9m a piece. That's plenty to get those guys in here. It would be very interesting if we could convince gurley or gordon to backup henry for 7m or less
Backup QB should be on that list.
Also, drake and gurley have both signed and no chance gordon agrees to be a backup.

Hopefully we can get Bottles, McCown, or Siemian for less than 5 million per year. Those seem to be the best of the rest among backup qbs, imo.

I don’t understand why anyone would want Bortles, I’d rather just tank the season. Chase Daniels would be better, Nick Mullens, Kyle Allen or hell Josh Rosen.

I don’t understand why anyone would want Bortles, I’d rather just tank the season. Chase Daniels would be better, Nick Mullens, Kyle Allen or hell Josh Rosen.
Tank the season over a backup?
We had Cassel, Gabbert, and going further back a whole bunch of terrible backups and outside maybe Locker/mettenberger, I don’t think any were “tanked” seasons over it.

They are all pretty much scrubs but Bortles has actually won some games as a starter (lost a lot too). Ya gotta hope you don’t need him that’s for sure.

If tanny gets dinged up for a game or two, and we are in a tight playoff hunt, that's when you need a good backup.

If tanney blows out his knee and is down for the year, then yeah, at that point I don't care who the backup is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back