Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this whole Clowney thing is a bust, serious question...

What would it take for the Texans to trade JJ Watt? Would you want him? He's been plagued by injuries lately and is costing the Texans a good bit of coin. I think he has a solid 2 or 3 years left. Wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd with some sort of swap.

Why get the old bull when we can draft the young stud? AJ Epenesa is JJ Watt 2.0 and Id be willing to bet he's at the top of our draft board.

I honestly think he’s the better option. The combination of Landry, Beasley, and Golden would be great in rotation. Plus we’d still be able to re-sign Logan Ryan comfortably. A much better approach than dumping all that money onto Clowney. Has he ever played a full season?

EDIT: I guess he has once, but sometimes he disappears even when playing. That’s probably why I thought he was out more often.

Bringing him in isn't a bad idea at all...vic(and landry) will feel the pressure to show out if we add him. Our pass rush would undoubtedly be improved...

Ha!

No

Prove me wrong

Dude is fat and slow, not JJ Watt

If you want to play that game, ill oblidge. I don't think you get 22 sacks in 2 seasons in the big 10 by being fat and slow....

His combine numbers are shit, but JJs weren't anything to write home about. His production in college is twice as good as JJs was. The game tape shows his motor amd technique. Thats how i know you're talking out of your ass(surprise, surprise). You already made your mind up to dislike him. You probably haven't even seen him play but since other people in here like him you have to be the contrarian.

Time tells everything though so we shall see.

Feel free to tell me who you think could realistically be a better replacement for casey at this point. ..id love to hear you actually contribute to the conversation instead of just be the nay sayer for once.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Clowney, but if the Golden thing is true (and the talk about Clowney holding up a Ryan deal) I could see them going Golden/Ryan.

If you want to play that game, ill oblidge. I don't think you get 22 sacks in 2 seasons in the big 10 by being fat and slow....

His combine numbers are ****, but JJs weren't anything to write home about. His production in college is twice as good as JJs was. The game tape shows his motor amd technique. Thats how i know you're talking out of your ass(surprise, surprise). You already made your mind up to dislike him. You probably haven't even seen him play but since other people in here like him you have to be the contrarian.

Feel free to tell me who you think could realistically be a better replacement for casey at this point. ..id love to hear you actually contribute to the conversation instead of just be the nay sayer for once.
Wow can't believe I'm saying this but you are spot on. Aj played a helluva lot better than his testing numbers show. I would love to have him on the Titans.

His combine numbers are ****, but JJs weren't anything to write home about. His production in college is twice as good as JJs was. The game tape shows his motor amd technique. Thats how i know you're talking out of your ass(surprise, surprise). You already made your mind up to dislike him. You probably haven't even seen him play but since other people in here like him you have to be the contrarian.

AJ won't be there when we pick.

Assuming this whole Clowney thing is a bust, serious question...

What would it take for the Texans to trade JJ Watt? Would you want him? He's been plagued by injuries lately and is costing the Texans a good bit of coin. I think he has a solid 2 or 3 years left. Wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd with some sort of swap.
Considering bob is in charge maybe a gas station hotdog?

JJ Watt had a good combine lol wtf you talking about. He’s almost 300 lbs and ran a 4.84 40....

JJ Watt had a good combine lol wtf you talking about. He’s almost 300 lbs and ran a 4.84 40....

I said it wasn't anything to write home about. Either way, since when is a 34 dends 40 time super important?

Ill take a huge beast with a high motor and great college production(against great comp) over a great 40 time any day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back