Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian said:
Well, someone posted in another thread that people were wrong to point out that Andre makes no plays. I started thinking about statements I made early last season about that very subject. Rather than post it there, and be accused AGAIN of "piggy-backing" on someone elses thought, I figured I'd start my own thread with those old posts.

This time I was heckled for devoting "a whole thread" to my "goal in life". That's petty, but it's cool. I've got no problem with that.

Well at least you explained yourself...:ha:

What's the problem? He just spoke the truth...that draft has been horrible. Woolfolk sucks despite what his uncle says. He wasn't 1st round material when he was drafted..and was a major reach. Calico was a workout warrior. And Brown while good at times is fragile. Better options were available in each round and Reese reached with all of them.

KamikaZ said:
Who said he was wrong? I was simpily curious on why he'd make a thread on it.
I know why...He likes this topic because he learned long ago that it is a hot button topic. He feeds off the reaction and I'm sure he was tickled to death that I spent as much time replying as I did. I don't really care what Brian thinks. I'm just going to go waste my time on some other thread so why not this one. I really haven't got a legit problem with Brian and I've posted to that effect. Sure, I've called him out on the carpet but he's smart enough to always leave himself an out. Whatever. I believe Andre will prove himself on the field and I'll eat these guys if I'm wrong...

tacos3.jpg

wg53 said:
What's the problem? He just spoke the truth...that draft has been horrible. Woolfolk sucks despite what his uncle says. He wasn't 1st round material when he was drafted..and was a major reach. Calico was a workout warrior. And Brown while good at times is fragile. Better options were available in each round and Reese reached with all of them.
Not to put fuel on the fire here but this simply isn't true if you put any faith in the majority of mock drafts out there at the time. Many draft sites, including our own mock at goTitans.com, had us taking him. Most were concerned he may not be there when the Titans picked. He hasn't been close to living up to expectations but you can't say he was much of a reach, IMO.

I was not for the Calico pick mainly because I thought the Titans should have taken an OT. I wanted Wayne Hunter that year in the second. He's played two games in three seasons for the Seahawks. Not a lot of value there either.

Maybe the Dominick Davis pick would have been better than Brown in the third but go back and tell me who you would have taken over Woolfolk and Calico. Hindsight is 20/20.

Personally, I think too many have give up too soon on both of these guys. Injuries have set both back in their careers and I think we'll think differently a year from now on these picks.

TitanJeff said:
Injuries have set both back in their careers and I think we'll think differently a year from now on these picks.
Jeff that would confuse too many people. I just admitted that I was wrong about wanting Woolfolk in 2003. If his play forces us to "think differently a year from now", then I'll have been proven right on my original mock. I'm a conservative guy Jeff...I don't like to 'flip-flop'.

Therein lies the greatest story ever told, Charles Dicken's "Great Expectations." We will never learn. And thank god for that. Cause I love having great expectations. It feels damn good. Vince Young will bring us 7 to 8 Superbowls. And woolfolk can ride his coattails.

TitanJeff said:
Not to put fuel on the fire here but this simply isn't true if you put any faith in the majority of mock drafts out there at the time. Many draft sites, including our own mock at goTitans.com, had us taking him. Most were concerned he may not be there when the Titans picked. He hasn't been close to living up to expectations but you can't say he was much of a reach, IMO.

I was not for the Calico pick mainly because I thought the Titans should have taken an OT. I wanted Wayne Hunter that year in the second. He's played two games in three seasons for the Seahawks. Not a lot of value there either.

Maybe the Dominick Davis pick would have been better than Brown in the third but go back and tell me who you would have taken over Woolfolk and Calico. Hindsight is 20/20.

Personally, I think too many have give up too soon on both of these guys. Injuries have set both back in their careers and I think we'll think differently a year from now on these picks.

I was referring mainly to Andre and Tyrone...I'm satisfied with Brown. But no I never put any stock in mock drafts. I didn't then and do not now. Andre may have been projected to us in some mock drafts but he wasn't then and still isn't first round talent..it still boggles my mind how a WR/CB tweener that wasn't that great in college to begin with becomes a first round pick. He wasn't a Champ Bailey or Chris Gamble (Both played WR and CB in college). They both did very well in college. Andre was solid in college but not good enough to warrant his selection in the first round.

I don't take as much issue with Calico as I do WoolFolk however and despite this I am still a fan of his...he just needs to show everyone why he was drafted in the first..because he hasn't yet.and as for Tyrone I still think he can be a decent WR this next year.

wg53 said:
it still boggles my mind how a WR/CB tweener that wasn't that great in college to begin with becomes a first round pick.
Probably because at that time anything Bob Stoops did was considered genius. Fact is, Andre has world class athletic ability, but wasn't a good enough WR to make a difference at Oklahoma. Stoops tried to get something out of that ability by moving him to CB. He probably did, but Andre didn't play either position long enough to get completely exposed. He has now. Live and learn. Draft football players like Reynaldo Hill and Vinny Fuller.

Vinny was one of those players at VT that was a field general with his smarts. Might be the smartest guy on our defense at this point.

Puck said:

Satisfied in the sense that since we can't turn back time and draft a different RB that he is a solid RB. We need to upgrade our OL and give him a chance till we get our next Franchise RB.

i'm not discouraged by his ability to run with the football
i'm discouraged by his ability to stay out of the hospital

i thoroughly believe that last year was a fluke in so many ways
the football gods were pissed from the first game to the last

hopefully a few things get worked out in a few weeks
like the hiring of a new DC :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back