Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a concern. Thats why he lasted as long as he did in the first round. A true CB with his measurables would have gone much sooner. The bottom line he was drafted on potential as much as anything and he hasn't made the transition.

"Andre Woolfolk is a raw corner who needs a lot of technique work, but he has a ton of tools to work with. Combines excellent size with superb athleticism. Quick and agile. Somewhat inconsistent in coverage, but flashes great ability. Needs to add strength and become more aggressive in run defense." http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/draft/drpros03.htm

"Andre Woolfolk CB, Oklahoma, Woolfolk is very raw, but he has tremendous potential. May be worth the risk for a team with two first-round picks."
http://football.about.com/library/weekly/bl_mockdraftb.htm

The Steelers were seriously considering Woolfolk in the first round at #27 before they traded up to get Polamalu. Good move for them.

If the Titans had not taken him he would have been gone in a few picks. The point is he is and was "raw" and has never developed. Injuries have something to do with it but apparently he was a risk as any "raw" player is. NFL scouts drool over the physical attributes and every commentary on Woolfolk was postive in that direction. However, alot of "raw" players never get past being another athletic player that never develops as a quality football player.

Soxcat said:
If the Titans had not taken him he would have been gone in a few picks. The point is he is and was "raw" and has never developed. Injuries have something to do with it but apparently he was a risk as any "raw" player is. NFL scouts drool over the physical attributes and every commentary on Woolfolk was postive in that direction. However, alot of "raw" players never get past being another athletic player that never develops as a quality football player.
No argument from me there. But I still think it was a solid pick when it was made.

I'm not a fan of taking "raw" over football players but Reese has done well at times going in that direction. Reynaldo Hill may be the latest example of that.

TitanJeff said:
I'm not a fan of taking "raw" over football players but Reese has done well at times going in that direction. Reynaldo Hill may be the latest example of that.

The 7th round is a pretty safe place to draft a guy like that.

Exactly ^^

Reynaldo I don't think ever had Woolfolks measureables, but I think he did have that "raw but with potential" mark on him, right?

Brian said:
Yes. Based on the potential and Bob Stoops' reputation. Not the production.
So are you saying that all our first round draft picks need to be made based on their production at the position we intend to use them?

Regardless if it was production or potential, just about everyone who covers the draft felt he was worthy of being taken in the late first.

TitanJeff said:
So are you saying that all our first round draft picks need to be made based on their production at the position we intend to use them?
Stop putting words in my mouth Jeff. We're talking about Andre Woolfolk. Read the thread.

TitanJeff said:
Regardless if it was production or potential, just about everyone who covers the draft felt he was worthy of being taken in the late first.
"Live and learn"

Brian said:
Stop putting words in my mouth Jeff. We're talking about Andre Woolfolk. Read the thread.
I've read the thread. You apparently feel Woolfolk was not worth the pick at the time he was drafted. If I'm misunderstanding you, set the record straight.

We all know he was a project but he wasn't the first player Reese has taken with limited experience at the position he was draft to play.

TitanJeff said:
How long did Kearse play at DE at Florida when he was drafted in the first round?

Kearse play DE in college...I not 100% certain...but never. He was a LB at Florida who came to Florida as a S. A LB is still what he truely is. It's a shame his talent is misused. He'd be a perennial pro bowler if played at his true spot. He's Joey Porter and then some.

Brian said:
Yes. Based on the potential and Bob Stoops' reputation. Not the production.

Wrong, based on his play against top receivers. You didn't watch his big games.... I did. He shut down the all american Roy Williams (Texas receiver) twice, then in his senior year, shut down B.J. Johnson (Texas other big name senior) including a play that made ESPNs plays of the week - Here is the picture:

He also shut down Wash States big time receiver Starling in the Rose Bowl in his senior year and got a pick and blocked field goal in that game. Timing is everything. Every db has an achilles heel and he had one named Rashaun Woods from Okla State. He had two bad games vs Woods and that lowered his stock and position on the big draft boards from as high as #6 on Mel's big board. He was one of the Senior Bowl defensive players of the game. All of these great timing events play a loud tune towards first round pick.

Brian said:
I actually agree with you on this point. 3 picks and 7 passes defended - in two years - fooled a lot of people.

You are something Brian. Like TJ pointed out, you only post part of the stats and part of others posts to help your pointless statements.
What part of opposing QBs couldn't throw to his side of the field did you not get. Like I said previously you have no credibility at picking players and neither do I or we would be. Why don't you submit all of your critical posts compiled together on a resume to Fisher and Reese and they will hire you.... you think. You are trying to say they didn't do their homework and in fact you didn't. On the field, opposing QBs don't care about a coaches credibility, they care about where the open receivers are and when your man is always covered, the ball doesn't come that way. Oh, it is a waste of time with you anyway. Bottom line, he performed at the combine and by a strict points system was ranked third among available cornerbacks. He was a player of the game in the Senior Bowl and the part that unprivileged hecklers like yourself will never get to see, but I may share it with some other fans that know to make themselves friendly... The resume/video of his many astounding college highlights, that you obviously haven't seen, that was presented to NFL scouts by his agent (my brother made it and maintains the master). Those are things that make you a first rounder, now show your knowledge buddy and dispute these FACTS... Or as Mike and Mike in the Morning (ESPN Radio/ESPN News).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back