Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to keep Davis. Should be fairly cheap for not standing out as anything special.

id like to see Jones return, but totally understand if he hangs them up. Really only want him back if he’s truly healthy too.

the rest, just get some new guys. Id be alright just trying new people, preferably managing the cost since so many pieces are needed, but we’re not getting 3 starters in the draft.

Picking OL in the draft is a complete crap shoot. Half the 1st round tackles turn into busts. Even Evan Neal who was supposed to be this surefire, ready for the NFL prospect was absolutely awful this year and HAD A WORSE PFF GRADE THAN DENIS DALEY. Braxton Jones was arguably the best rookie tackle this year and he was drafted in the 5th round.
OL is the one position group where I believe we need to build with known commodities through free agency. Get guys that can play right away there and draft every other position.

Picking OL in the draft is a complete crap shoot. Half the 1st round tackles turn into busts. Even Evan Neal who was supposed to be this surefire, ready for the NFL prospect was absolutely awful this year and HAD A WORSE PFF GRADE THAN DENIS DALEY. Braxton Jones was arguably the best rookie tackle this year and he was drafted in the 5th round.
OL is the one position group where I believe we need to build with known commodities through free agency. Get guys that can play right away there and draft every other position.
Which position is NOT a crap shoot?

I’m fairly confident that they all are except first round K. Janikowski was awesome.

All but Brian O'Neill were first rounders...

View attachment 20436

All but Brian O'Neill were first rounders...

View attachment 20436
We don’t need an elite level lineman, we need 5 starter caliber lineman and an offensive playmaker. We could easily get 5 starter caliber linemen in FA for a reasonable price and get a stud WR with the 11th pick that will have a much bigger effect on our team right away. London, Wilson and Olave were top 20 wideouts in their rookie year. Neal, Ekwanu and Cross were barely starter quality.
This team needs speed and playmakers.

It's time for an offensive line rebuild. One of the greatest mistakes JRob made was underinvesting in the OL and leaving Tannehill unprotected. Keith Carter is gone, and the new OL coach will need a crop of fresh talent to build a contender. Let’s take a look at who might be available and talk about what we'd like to see on the field next year.

TOP OL FREE AGENTS

OT

Orland Brown Jr
Kaleb McGary
Mike McGlinchy
Andre Dillard
Isaiah Wynn
Jermaine Eluemunor
Cameron Flemming
Jawaan Taylor
George Fant

C

Ethan Pocic
Bradley Bozeman
Garrett Bradbury
Connor McGovern (Jets)
Rodney Hudson
Jason Kelce

OG

Isaac Seumalo
Evan Brown
Daniel Brunskill
Dalton Risner
Ben Powers
Nate Davis

LIKELY CUT CANDIDATES

OT

Lael Collins
David Bakhtari
Trent Brown
Cornelius Lucas
Donovan Smith
Duane Brown
Chukwuma Okorafor
Joe Haeg

C

Ryan Kelly
Brian Allen
Andre James
Rodney Hudson
Mitch Morse
Chase Roullier
Matt Feiler
Brain Allen
Pat Elflein

OG

Shaq Mason
Laken Tomlinson
Gabe Jackson
Lucas Patrick
Graham Glasgow
Halapoulivaati Vaitai

Guard in the first

I’m against a wide receiver with our 1. OL is where we need to build imo regardless of signal caller.
To me this all depends on free agency. If we get LT and LG in FA, then I good with top WR. But one way or another, the OL needs at least two new guys out to f the shoot. If we do it mostly through FA, I would still draft a center pretty high.

Tackles come off early. We are picking at 11 correct?
Yes 11.Skoronski and Harrison are left tackle in college. Some may see Skoronski at guard. Imo we have to go o line with that first pick Hopefully the new GM will be better at talent evaluation and get us an elite tackle

We need 4 new starting OL.
I imagine 2 come from the first 3 rounds of the draft (the other round should be WR)
And the other 2 come from free agency.

Next year doesn’t have to be another 2022 if they make some solid moves here.

Honestly think we just go best player available in the 1st and 2nd. We're stuck in soo many positions that it will be a markedly big improvement and have missed on some worldys. We're drafting the high enough that we shouldn't miss on a starter and risk again like we did with Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back