Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It literally can't get worse so there's that. I wonder if lewan would come back on a cheaper deal.

The problem is you can't depend on Lewan to be your primary LT. He has missed more than half of the season 2 of the last 3 years and hasn't played more than 13 games since 2018. Not to mention his performance has diminished substantially. If he's willing to be a rotational piece for near vet minimum, I'm all for it. But he can't be our starting LT week 1 if we expect to compete next year. And I don't imagine he would come back for that little.

Is it deep for QB? Outside of Stroud and young I didn't think there was much hype.
Wait til the magical combine. Names never mentioned before will be hyped to new levels.

By the time Kiper Mock Draft 37.3 is released, the first round will have like 6 QBs.

Doesn’t make any of it right.

We need 4 new starting OL.
I imagine 2 come from the first 3 rounds of the draft (the other round should be WR)
And the other 2 come from free agency.

Next year doesn’t have to be another 2022 if they make some solid moves here.
I suppose the argument can be made that with the new OL coach and OC, NPF, Radunz, or Levin can be saved into starter material.

Big problem with that is it’s a gamble bypassing F.A. market and draft to find out.

I’m against a wide receiver with our 1. OL is where we need to build imo regardless of signal caller.
A rookie OL will likely not have any immediate impact on our team. They almost always require a year or two to develop. If we want to retool instead of rebuild and be a contender next year, free agency and trades are the best way to build an effective OL. Like the Bengals did last year. A first round WR can have a much larger immediate impact.

I suppose the argument can be made that with the new OL coach and OC, NPF, Radunz, or Levin can be saved into starter material.

Big problem with that is it’s a gamble bypassing F.A. market and draft to find out.

Radunz tore his ACL in December.... he will not be anywhere near ready to play. Titans have to hit FA and draft in a big way to fix OL

Radunz tore his ACL in December.... he will not be anywhere near ready to play. Titans have to hit FA and draft in a big way to fix OL
True, but if there’s any thought he may be a starter caliber after returning, it would change the draft approach and likely mean a T that may not be top F.A. but journeyman worthy.

A rookie OL will likely not have any immediate impact on our team. They almost always require a year or two to develop. If we want to retool instead of rebuild and be a contender next year, free agency and trades are the best way to build an effective OL. Like the Bengals did last year. A first round WR can have a much larger immediate impact.
You mean like Treylon Burks?
  • REC
    Tied-131st
  • YDS
    Tied-96th
  • TD
    Tied-119th
  • AVG
Huge impact!

You mean like Treylon Burks?
  • REC
    Tied-131st
  • YDS
    Tied-96th
  • TD
    Tied-119th
  • AVG
Huge impact!
He did at least show flashes of being a good WR.

Needs to get healthy and also need a OC that uses WR/TE for more than blocking. I'm more excited about Chig than Burks tbh

Honestly think we just go best player available in the 1st and 2nd. We're stuck in soo many positions that it will be a markedly big improvement and have missed on some worldys. We're drafting the high enough that we shouldn't miss on a starter and risk again like we did with Wilson.

I feel like the offense would be MUCH better with just a decent OLine and play calling. Henry, Burks, Chig can all be playmakers. Even NWI would be decent if used correctly. I don't think it would be worst in the league with the right OC, even with what they have now.

He did at least show flashes of being a good WR.

Needs to get healthy and also need a OC that uses WR/TE for more than blocking. I'm more excited about Chig than Burks tbh
Oh, I agree! I like Burks. He might of had a better year if the line could hold up to a breeze.

I feel like the offense would be MUCH better with just a decent OLine and play calling. Henry, Burks, Chig can all be playmakers. Even NWI would be decent if used correctly. I don't think it would be worst in the league with the right OC, even with what they have now.
Exactly. Imagine how many plays went bust due to OL whiffs? Not only did it cost plays, it knocked Tanny out of games. Just a decent OL changes everything in the second half of the season.

The problem is you can't depend on Lewan to be your primary LT. He has missed more than half of the season 2 of the last 3 years and hasn't played more than 13 games since 2018. Not to mention his performance has diminished substantially. If he's willing to be a rotational piece for near vet minimum, I'm all for it. But he can't be our starting LT week 1 if we expect to compete next year. And I don't imagine he would come back for that little.
Lewan is dead to me

Firing the oline coach was the first step to getting better. Coaching there has been bad for a long time. No player development and actual regression

Firing the oline coach was the first step to getting better. Coaching there has been bad for a long time. No player development and actual regression
Agreed
When Munch was OLine coach, he could coach up any scrub into a serviceable lineman. We must hire a good OLine coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back