Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radunz is better than Daley. That is a problem right there. But I would get Radunz ready at LT during the bye and send Daley to Siberia.

The only part of the original post I disagree with Is that 2019 was the best OL lineup in recent years.

It’s hard to argue a team that ended 9-7 with sack issues was better than the 2020 team that earned a 2000 yard back, the AFC South Championship.

That was after Conklin left.
Love Conklin, see that he clearly recovered from his injury after he was gone and I’d still make the argument he was worth the trade up in the draft BUT the savings from not resigning him went elsewhere and the undertaker stepped in very well for much cheaper. Still sack issues though.

The problem has still stemmed from the choices since letting Conklin go. panda was clearly a the worst possible choice and is actually still part of what the problem is. He was such a set back for the franchise that he is still having an effect 3 years later.
I think Saffold was too costly to stay. We can argue that Lewan could have been gone already, especially since he’s injured again.
The signings at OL as “vet” have been trash. At least the rookies have all stepped in for a game or 2 but expectations for a rookie are typically lower.
Brewer has had a couple games, radunz had 1 maybe (SF last year), Nate Davis has clearly been a stronger point since his rough rookie season.
All those other names have been bad.

After his first year in Tennessee, it’s become a surprise that ben Jones is truly the strongest OL point.
Same, I love Conklin too. He's a FA after this season as well if I remember correctly. Wouldn't be surprised to see us target him and try to bring him home. Move NPF to left, draft a guard high, put Conklin on the right. The line suddenly looks much better. Not sure NPF is the long term answer, but he's far from the biggest issue with the line.

Same, I love Conklin too. He's a FA after this season as well if I remember correctly. Wouldn't be surprised to see us target him and try to bring him home. Move NPF to left, draft a guard high, put Conklin on the right. The line suddenly looks much better. Not sure NPF is the long term answer, but he's far from the biggest issue with the line.

Conklin was pissed at JRob for not picking up his 5th yr contract...I doubt he wants to come back

You know the thing is..it's not just us.

From watching games this season I would say there are only enough good lineman in the league to maybe fill half the teams with a solid o-line. Everyone else is just scrambling trying to fill gaps and voids as best as possible. It gets even worse when you have to throw in backups.

It seems that college is pumping out amazing pass rushers at about a 10-1 rate as opposed to good o-lineman. As teams stack up on these amazing pass rushers, it's making the mediocre lineman look even worse.

Brewer is undersized for a guard, but is smart and loves the game. Could he switch positions? If so, to what? Oversized fullback?! Lol

You know the thing is..it's not just us.

From watching games this season I would say there are only enough good lineman in the league to maybe fill half the teams with a solid o-line. Everyone else is just scrambling trying to fill gaps and voids as best as possible. It gets even worse when you have to throw in backups.

It seems that college is pumping out amazing pass rushers at about a 10-1 rate as opposed to good o-lineman. As teams stack up on these amazing pass rushers, it's making the mediocre lineman look even worse.
The Bengals went all out on their oline this offseason and it's still been pretty atrocious. Some of that may be growing pains with having 4 new starters but still interesting.

Really makes you question letting Saffold and Conklin walk. Lewan-saffold-jones-davis-conklin vs daley-brewer-jones-randunz-petite fillet. Obviously injuries have lewan and Davis out for us right now but still.

I have hope for some of the young guys even struggling currently. If nothing else, they are getting game time action right now.
No matter how painful it is to watch, I think we may see some improvements by the end of the year.

Dennis Kelly is only playing special teams for the Colts.

I liked the idea of signing Billy Turner as a FA. He went to Denver and is currently a backup, although they're having a lot of OL issues as well.

Vrable was acknowledging today in his presser how bad the OL is and that "they have got to give the QB a chance to run the play".

Le'Raven Clark is on our team, signed off Eagles practice squad couple weeks ago, he maybe much better than Daley. And if Radunz makes it, it will be left guard, but he was bad at RG yesterday

quite the low bar…
Not excited about it, but even our truly best OL of the early to late 2000’s had guys drafted late and some time needed.

it’s a bit much to anticipate the same, but some of those guys were so good that there is room between stud and total waste. Hopefully these guys get to at least a middle ground of serviceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back