Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
An argument against all of this is players play hurt every single game. Remember last week when the whole offensive line went down and most of em came back to play in the same game? That also happens throughout every game, every week of an NFL season...for every team.

Not saying some players don't opt out of playing when they could tough it out and play... Or that medical professionals or even Vrabel doesn't use caution and let players heal up before making/letting them play... But I don't think the majority of players even on the Titans want to sit out with injuries.

A lot of this comes from fans thinking football players should put everything on the line for our entertainment. Hell, I don't go to work hurt unless I absolutely have to. I definitely wouldn't if I knew I had millions in the bank already. I certainly wouldn't question most of these guys toughness when I know most of them are a lot tougher than I'll ever be.
You bring up a great case for paychecks being affected when they can’t perform.

And while I’ll agree to a certain extent with guys playing hurt, they seem to be the guys that are questionably on the field (like backups) or even on a roster (like Dillard).
But that doesn’t remove the entire premise I’m talking about. If there are guys getting called out for not playing “all the way” in game, by players, not just fans, there is zero reason to think some of these same players won’t also find a way to just sit out and collect the same check. Bonus for sitting out, zero scrutiny on bad play.

You bring up a great case for paychecks being affected when they can’t perform.

And while I’ll agree to a certain extent with guys playing hurt, they seem to be the guys that are questionably on the field (like backups) or even on a roster (like Dillard).
But that doesn’t remove the entire premise I’m talking about. If there are guys getting called out for not playing “all the way” in game, by players, not just fans, there is zero reason to think some of these same players won’t also find a way to just sit out and collect the same check. Bonus for sitting out, zero scrutiny on bad play.

Not doubting there aren't players who aren't always 100% on being all in on playing or what ever. But fans act like a player has to have his head decapitated before it's a good excuse not to play.

I don't think it's a cultural thing in TN either...just really shit luck most of the time.

2 disagreements bolded:
1. Vrabel’s teams are NOT known for being tough. Who are you referring to that says this? Big Jeff certainly disagrees.

2. Vrabel (and company) seem very much like they’re running a resort. Either this team is the most unlucky team in the history of the game OR Vrabel (say or not directly) has the biggest pu$$ of a team in the history of the game as noted by breaking the record for most players played in back to back seasons (20-21) followed by another highly injured team in 22.

and I agree with you on this part. If a player says or convinces a medical member that he can’t go, there is very little Vrabel can do.

But that’s a Vrabel culture. Players finding ways to opt out of playing and still keep their paycheck vice recognizing they are the best players that give the TEAM the best chance to win, ultimately a SB is goal, is what Vrabel’s current legacy as HC is presenting.

That’s just wrong. Everyone outside of Vrabel Hateville thinks his teams play hardnose and tough football. So you think what you want. Kraft doesn’t potentially want Vrabel just because he is a former player. Regardless of what you believe Vrabel is consistently ranked as one of the top HCs in the NFL. I could post numerous articles or lists to prove my point. Outside of Vrabel Hateville, fans or no expert bloggers. Prove people don’t respect him and think he is a top HC. Please.

That’s just wrong. Everyone outside of Vrabel Hateville thinks his teams play hardnose and tough football. So you think what you want. Kraft doesn’t potentially want Vrabel just because he is a former player. Regardless of what you believe Vrabel is consistently ranked as one of the top HCs in the NFL. I could post numerous articles or lists to prove my point. Outside of Vrabel Hateville, fans or no expert bloggers. Prove people don’t respect him and think he is a top HC. Please.
Did you don a condom before this Homer post? I am not trying to beat ya up at all here. Who made the decision against the Bengals to run a delayed handoff to Henry for a yard when it mattered? Who made the decision to run Henry in that game when it was obvious that he was outperformed by Foreman in that game? Who decided to put out a D when game was in hand to give up 18 yds (damn you Rabbit).. Who was the coach that set records for injuries and never addressed it? I like Vrabel, but your above post neglects losing 12/15 games since our shoe in last year at 7-3 dominating our division. Why does our brilliant coach refuse to shuffle at LT when another player is approaching beating the worst LT in the history of the NFL (actual rating fact according to football nerds)? His criticism is richly deserved, although i agree there are many excuses (good ones too) for his recent failures. A few i just posted above certainly fall under the “Hateville” you referred to. To say he is above the hot iron he is being burned with is comical at best. Who thought it was a good idea to run a sweep with Wheezey (looked like running in mud the entire game), and then go to him again deep when he has contributed nothing to this team this year at all…. Had two plays there for 3 yards I believe. Go ahead, grab yourself some lube, a good rag (maybe sock for you), and enjoy. Vrabel’s in game decisions cost us the game last week. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
such a good HC he played willis ahead of L8
Exactly!!!! Guess that decision doesn’t fall on our top of the NFL hard nosed tough guy coach at all. Only thing i can really come up with is they were looking for trade bait if he performed well. Last weeks game had me thinking our coach purposefully lost. I have never felt that before.

You should post those.
From what you’ve posted so far, there’s nothing backing up your stance. It’s just you saying I’m wrong

You should post those.
From what you’ve posted so far, there’s nothing backing up your stance. It’s just you saying I’m wrong

Just Google it. There is pages of Vrabel top 10. But here ya go ….

https://atozsports.com/nashville/column-vrabel-titans-leader/

2023 Best NFL coaches: Andy Reid, Kyle Shanahan lead head coach rankings | FOX Sports

2023 NFL head coach rankings: Andy Reid remains No. 1 as disciples Doug Pederson, John Harbaugh crack top 10

Ranking the NFL's best head coaches for the 2023 season from 1-32 | Sporting News

2022 NFL head coach rankings: Andy Reid reigns supreme, Sean McVay overtakes Bill Belichick

Ranking all 32 of the NFL coaches

2023 NFL Head Coach Rankings, All 32 Teams

NFL Head Coach Power Rankings 2023 | New HC Hires | Football Coaches List

There are the lists past and present which show him consistently in the top 10 and no lower than 13th. He is a very well respected HC that NO ONE has ever accused of running a resort. You may not like him. Fine don’t. But don’t make shit up about his culture. Be better than that. Just say I don’t like him but really don’t have any reasons. He isn’t weak, or soft. He makes bad decisions. Sure they all do. But not one HC can be good without talent. In today’s NFL you have to have a very good QB. Vrabel hasn’t had one. JRob robbed him of depth and draft picks. JRob destroyed this roster. Vrabel has done a great job of keeping it together.

Be careful what you wish for. You can end up in the Head Coaching Desert. We can’t do much better than Vrabel, but we could be way worse.

Now I’ll wait for all those articles from experts or NFL insiders calling Vrabel a bad HC and that he has a bad soft resort style culture.

2023 Best NFL coaches: Andy Reid, Kyle Shanahan lead head coach rankings | FOX Sports

2023 NFL head coach rankings: Andy Reid remains No. 1 as disciples Doug Pederson, John Harbaugh crack top 10

Ranking the NFL's best head coaches for the 2023 season from 1-32 | Sporting News

2022 NFL head coach rankings: Andy Reid reigns supreme, Sean McVay overtakes Bill Belichick

There are the lists past and present which show him consistently in the top 10 and no lower than 13th. He is a very well respected HC that NO ONE has ever accused of running a resort. You may not like him. Fine don’t. But don’t make **** up about his culture. Be better than that. Just say I don’t like him but really don’t have any reasons. He isn’t weak, or soft. He makes bad decisions. Sure they all do. But not one HC can be good without talent. In today’s NFL you have to have a very good QB. Vrabel hasn’t had one. JRob robbed him of depth and draft picks. JRob destroyed this roster. Vrabel has done a great job of keeping it together.

Be careful what you wish for. You can end up in the Head Coaching Desert. We can’t do much better than Vrabel, but we could be way worse.

Now I’ll wait for all those articles from experts or NFL insiders calling Vrabel a bad HC and that he has a bad soft resort style culture.

His culture is if you are not 100% then sit on the bench and get paid to watch. You can homer twist it all you want, but it is a proven fact with the amount of "injuries" we have sustained to the point of breaking records back to back. Vrabel is the reason our guys scuff their shoe and take a week off.

Did you don a condom before this Homer post? I am not trying to beat ya up at all here. Who made the decision against the Bengals to run a delayed handoff to Henry for a yard when it mattered? Who made the decision to run Henry in that game when it was obvious that he was outperformed by Foreman in that game? Who decided to put out a D when game was in hand to give up 18 yds (damn you Rabbit).. Who was the coach that set records for injuries and never addressed it? I like Vrabel, but your above post neglects losing 12/15 games since our shoe in last year at 7-3 dominating our division. Why does our brilliant coach refuse to shuffle at LT when another player is approaching beating the worst LT in the history of the NFL (actual rating fact according to football nerds)? His criticism is richly deserved, although i agree there are many excuses (good ones too) for his recent failures. A few i just posted above certainly fall under the “Hateville” you referred to. To say he is above the hot iron he is being burned with is comical at best. Who thought it was a good idea to run a sweep with Wheezey (looked like running in mud the entire game), and then go to him again deep when he has contributed nothing to this team this year at all…. Had two plays there for 3 yards I believe. Go ahead, grab yourself some lube, a good rag (maybe sock for you), and enjoy. Vrabel’s in game decisions cost us the game last week. Just my opinion.

The l lube and condom jokes are childish. This is probably my biggest issue with most of you. You are all children. You can’t defend your position so let’s make childish remarks.

I’m not defending individual decisions. Some have been bad. I don’t agree with all his decisions. I don’t like Bowen. I hated Downing as OC. Vrabel has made in game decisions that have cost us games. All NFL HCs do that you asshat. You don’t just fire them. You look at totality and circumstance, the entire body of work. You guys blame Vrabel for everything. It’s ignorant.

You may not understand this. You may not have the intellectual capacity to absorb it but Vrabel doesn’t call every play or even a play or make every single decision on plays. He has people for that. I can get on board with debating his hires. But Tim Kelly called some crap plays last game. No doubt. But this incessant post after post thread after thread of ignorant comments about Vrabel this or that is just numbing and y’all are wrong, just dead wrong.

Records for Coaches on injuries? Did you really just write that ?

Coaches don’t set records for injuries. That’s stupid to blame that on Vrabel. Right now the Texans have 23 players out with injury, in 1 week. Is Demeco Ryans a horrible HC? Is he soft. Weak ?

When will y’all acknowledge we have been losing because mainly the QB position and overall lack of talent and cap hell given this team by JRob, WHO GOT FIRED. We may have the QB position fixed but its going to take a minute for the new GM to get the roster fixed.

I say again. If Robert Kraft wants to trade high value picks for Vrabel. Trade him. I’m a fan of the franchise. Not players or coaches. Whatever makes the team better.

Y’all need to freaking chill. Vrabel isn’t going anywhere or he is going to NE for a huge draft pick package. If Levis is the truth we will be fine and very good soon.

But I’m not tryin to beat you up.

His culture is if you are not 100% then sit on the bench and get paid to watch. You can homer twist it all you want, but it is a proven fact with the amount of "injuries" we have sustained to the point of breaking records back to back. Vrabel is the reason our guys scuff their shoe and take a week off.

Prove that. Back that up with something more than your opinion.

The l lube and condom jokes are childish. This is probably my biggest issue with most of you. You are all children. You can’t defend your position so let’s make childish remarks.

I’m not defending individual decisions. Some have been bad. I don’t agree with all his decisions. I don’t like Bowen. I hated Downing as OC. Vrabel has made in game decisions that have cost us games. All NFL HCs do that you asshat. You don’t just fire them. You look at totality and circumstance, the entire body of work. You guys blame Vrabel for everything. It’s ignorant.

You may not understand this. You may not have the intellectual capacity to absorb it but Vrabel doesn’t call every play or even a play or make every single decision on plays. He has people for that. I can get on board with debating his hires. But Tim Kelly called some crap plays last game. No doubt. But this incessant post after post thread after thread of ignorant comments about Vrabel this or that is just numbing and y’all are wrong, just dead wrong.

Coaches don’t set records for injuries. That’s stupid to blame that on Vrabel. Right now the Texans have 23 players out with injury, in 1 week. Is Demeco Ryans a horrible HC? Is he soft. Weak ?

When will y’all acknowledge we have been losing because mainly the QB position and overall lack of talent and cap hell given this team by JRob, WHO GOT FIRED. We may have the QB position fixed but its going to take a minute for the new GM to get the roster fixed.

I say again. If Robert Kraft wants to trade high value picks for Vrabel. Trade him. I’m a fan of the franchise. Not players or coaches. Whatever makes the team better.

Y’all need to freaking chill. Vrabel isn’t going anywhere or he is going to NE for a huge draft pick package. If Levis is the truth we will be fine and very good soon.

You’re wrong and you should feel bad. My lube and condom joke fits you perfectly for homerism. Intelectual capacity to absorb? When you post something worthy of absorbing, i will do my best.

You obviously weren't around when 520 posted regularly. It's a message board/forum whatever you want to call it, no reason to get bent out of shape people are going to say trollish things and sling mud but at the end of the day who cares.

There are the lists past and present which show him consistently in the top 10 and no lower than 13th. He is a very well respected HC that NO ONE has ever accused of running a resort. You may not like him. Fine don’t. But don’t make **** up about his culture. Be better than that. Just say I don’t like him but really don’t have any reasons. He isn’t weak, or soft. He makes bad decisions. Sure they all do. But not one HC can be good without talent. In today’s NFL you have to have a very good QB. Vrabel hasn’t had one. JRob robbed him of depth and draft picks. JRob destroyed this roster. Vrabel has done a great job of keeping it together.

Couple contradictory articles. Bit harder to find since you won’t find a lot of people calling this out among the media. Not only would they not be in-the-know, but it seems like a general call out that media doesn’t make.

One of them also highlights the personnel power that Vrabel has. That’s been brought up in separate debates round here. AAS gave Vrabel personnel authority when JRob was fired mid season, he was not forced to relinquish entire authority to Ran.

Tennessee Titans Mike Vrabel considered average in head coach rankings

Rexrode: Mike Vrabel the coach can't admit what Mike Vrabel the suit has done

Titans break record for most players used in single season:
Tennessee Titans break NFL record for most players used in a season

The previous record of 84 was set by the 2020 San Francisco 49ers and the 2019 Miami Dolphins. And, Tennessee has a great chance to further that record with five games left on the schedule.

Related; our Strength and Conditioning Coach has been here for 5 seasons:
The Official Site of the Tennessee Titans.

Vrabel hires and signs Texans cast offs:
11 former Texans now coach or play for Titans

This list doesn't even include WRs Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins. For the record, I'm good with the Hopkins pick-up. But again, JRob didn't come from the Texans organization, the one who DID have ties was HC Mike Vrabel.

Remember when Vrabel was considered a defensive coach? Yeah, neither do I...
https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/tennessee-titans-nfl-chicago-bears-third-down-defense-woes

Through seven games, Titans opponents have converted 60 times in 97 tries. That is a success rate of 61.9 percent. Three of those teams converted better than 70 percent of the time, five moved the chains on at least half of their opportunities and four were successful on at least 10 tries.

In 2019, no opponent had more than seven conversions in a game and only one did so on more than 50 percent of its chances.

We got to have 11 guys executing,” coach Mike Vrabel said recently. “We've got it coach better. We've got to execute better.

During the Titans era (1999-present), the NFL’s worst third-down defense was that of the 2011 San Diego Chargers, whose opponents converted 49.2 percent of the time. In other words, every defense during that period got off the field more than half the time. Currently, Tennessee has done so fewer than four out of every 10 opportunities.

You can complain about JRob from now until eternity beckons, and he certainly has a role in our current predicament, but consider this; the same complaints that my Houston buddies had about Vrabel, his soft defense, is STILL an issue all the way to 2023. His soft defense HAS BEEN an issue the entire time he's been here, save one decent season when Jim Schwartz was on the staff. Offensively, the fans on this board have been complaining about our offense telegraphing runs vs passes by way of Derrick Henry again for several years, and thru several different offensive coordinators. That tells me that it is an organizational mindset probably leading back to, again, the Head Coach. My Ravens drinking buddy couldn't believe how we used DH in our playoff loss to them several years ago, and a co-worker just last week couldn't believe that Henry wasn't used in our short yardage 3rd and 4th down plays against the Steelers. Again, the same complaints we've had for years, thru several OCs. The connective tissue thru ALL OF THIS is the Head Coach, who happens to be Michael George Vrabel.

You obviously weren't around when 520 posted regularly. It's a message board/forum whatever you want to call it, no reason to get bent out of shape people are going to say trollish things and sling mud but at the end of the day who cares.

Exactly. Maybe I should send this to our forum homer...
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back