Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t he like a super sour puss in Pitt?
I remember briefly hearing his name and him being a pain.

that said, I haven’t forgotten what Nate the great did coming from Pitt and any physically able to play body is an upgrade on Burks right now.
I know we’ve been hammering Burks hard on this forum. I am certainly one of those swinging a maul. I also know how hard it must of been for him being drafted by the Titans and the circumstances around it. Makes it far worse given the season the man he replaced is having. That has added so much fuel to the fire. He looked so slow out there Thursday. I just don’t get it. Our weapons are so poverty. BDH obviously takes being a professional seriously. Does Burks? It’s the only comparison i can come up with. It was obviously a terrible decision. Not the trade, i agreed on that, but the pick. Was it rushed? Seems to me like they panicked and didn’t expect it. On another note on his head injury. Do any of you know what type of imaging equipment is at the facility? I read that he was able to walk from the X-ray room to the training room under his own power. That makes little sense to me. X-rays are useless for head injuries (diagnostic X-rays) compared to CT (also X-rays) for brain. If there is a scanner there, that would make a bit more sense, but that is highly doubtful. Todays imaging skips diagnostic X-ray pretty much entirely for head/neck trauma entirely. I was just puzzled by the article and am curious. To the post, yes, pretty much any pro can duplicate 8 catches 112 yds 0 TDs.

I know we’ve been hammering Burks hard on this forum. I am certainly one of those swinging a maul. I also know how hard it must of been for him being drafted by the Titans and the circumstances around it. Makes it far worse given the season the man he replaced is having. That has added so much fuel to the fire. He looked so slow out there Thursday. I just don’t get it. Our weapons are so poverty. BDH obviously takes being a professional seriously. Does Burks? It’s the only comparison i can come up with. It was obviously a terrible decision. Not the trade, i agreed on that, but the pick. Was it rushed? Seems to me like they panicked and didn’t expect it. On another note on his head injury. Do any of you know what type of imaging equipment is at the facility? I read that he was able to walk from the X-ray room to the training room under his own power. That makes little sense to me. X-rays are useless for head injuries (diagnostic X-rays) compared to CT (also X-rays) for brain. If there is a scanner there, that would make a bit more sense, but that is highly doubtful. Todays imaging skips diagnostic X-ray pretty much entirely for head/neck trauma entirely. I was just puzzled by the article and am curious. To the post, yes, pretty much any pro can duplicate 8 catches 112 yds 0 TDs.
Haven’t a clue on if he’s maybe going through motions as the “top” WR, I’d like to think Hopkins is teaching him even if not directly.

to be honest NWI seems the professional WR, just has limitations on talent. Doesn’t seem to miss games or plays, steps up (or tries to) when asked to #1 WR.

for the injuries, even head, the results come back so quick. It’s possible the article just said the wrong machine, but I think they do the eye/light tests to determine concussion potential then perform CTs later. Just my guess though. I think that’s a prime example of a reporter probably being able to write whatever details they want and very few would question anything.

Burks just isn't very good at football it seems. Lots of players do well at lower levels and fizzle out when they get to a level of competition that equals or is greater than their ability. What ever the reason, Burks just doesn't look like an NFL WR...especially not a #1.

As for the X-ray stuff. Maybe they did x-ray him. They strapped him to the board etc...probably being cautious of a neck/spine injury since he was unconscious and flopped around pretty hard.

They said on TV that a neurologist was checking him out to see if he needed to go to the hospital.

At this point in his career Burks has been knocked out almost as many times as he's scored.

Wait... He's actually been knocked out MORE than he's scored. Wow.

its all just smoke and mirrors covering for the bust that is Wheezy McSitsoutface

Burks just isn't very good at football it seems. Lots of players do well at lower levels and fizzle out when they get to a level of competition that equals or is greater than their ability. What ever the reason, Burks just doesn't look like an NFL WR...especially not a #1.

As for the X-ray stuff. Maybe they did x-ray him. They strapped him to the board etc...probably being cautious of a neck/spine injury since he was unconscious and flopped around pretty hard.

They said on TV that a neurologist was checking him out to see if he needed to go to the hospital.
like NPF before him ... Wheezy wanted out of the game

Looks like Bunting is going to be sitting out due to a thumb injury...

a thumb injury? QB? WR? Ok thumb injury might matter.... CB? Tape it up and go swat some balls down.

The massive list of injuries over the past 3 years(record breaking even) and injuries like a thumb on a CB all seem to coincide with this HC.
So ya, I’d say there’s a connection.

But your statement implied Vrabel is protecting him, from what I don’t know, for some reason. Why wouldn’t Vrabel want him to play? Do you realize Vrabel doesn’t make that decision? He just reports what he is told by the training staff and Doctors. They also play games with injury designations. Questionable isn’t out. He may be out.

This Vrabel hate is an illness with some of you.

The massive list of injuries over the past 3 years(record breaking even) and injuries like a thumb on a CB all seem to coincide with this HC.
So ya, I’d say there’s a connection.
There can be little doubt at this point it is part of the Vrabel culture. Toughness is definitely not a part of the Vrabel culture.

There can be little doubt at this point it is part of the Vrabel culture. Toughness is definitely not a part of the Vrabel culture.

That’s incorrect. Vrabel’s culture is one of the things is is loved for in the NFL.

This is mostly due to JRob. It’s going to take time to get passed it.

But your statement implied Vrabel is protecting him, from what I don’t know, for some reason. Why wouldn’t Vrabel want him to play? Do you realize Vrabel doesn’t make that decision? He just reports what he is told by the training staff and Doctors. They also play games with injury designations. Questionable isn’t out. He may be out.

Youre misunderstanding.
I’m not suggesting Vrabel “doesn’t let them play”, I’m 100% saying that Vrabel is more than ok with players sitting out. I don’t believe he pushes the issue at all. This is the trend on why so many players (called out by Big Jeff) don’t put in the effort, they can get “injured” collect full paychecks and sit on the sidelines.

Youre misunderstanding.
I’m not suggesting Vrabel “doesn’t let them play”, I’m 100% saying that Vrabel is more than ok with players sitting out. I don’t believe he pushes the issue at all. This is the trend on why so many players (called out by Big Jeff) don’t put in the effort, they can get “injured” collect full paychecks and sit on the sidelines.

Vrabel doesn’t have a say in that. If a player can’t play they can’t play. Training staff doctors the player etc etc This isn’t 1970. I mean play or what ? We cut you ? Yea that will work. They have a CBA. Vrables teams play hard. They are known for it. Vrabel isn’t running a resort. But there is only so much he can do. They can cut an injured player. You can’t make them play. There is no injury guarantee like MLB. Whatever they got up front which for most isn’t a lot is all they get if they get cut.

Vrabel isn’t just letting this happen.

Ask your Avi what he thinks of all of this.... #9 would be on the field with the "thumb" as a DB.

Youre misunderstanding.
And there lies the problem with today's athletes

Vrabel doesn’t have a say in that. If a player can’t play they can’t play. Training staff doctors the player etc etc This isn’t 1970. I mean play or what ? We cut you ? Yea that will work. They have a CBA. Vrables teams play hard. They are known for it. Vrabel isn’t running a resort. But there is only so much he can do. They can cut an injured player. You can’t make them play. There is no injury guarantee like MLB. Whatever they got up front which for most isn’t a lot is all they get if they get cut.

Vrabel isn’t just letting this happen.
2 disagreements bolded:
1. Vrabel’s teams are NOT known for being tough. Who are you referring to that says this? Big Jeff certainly disagrees.

2. Vrabel (and company) seem very much like they’re running a resort. Either this team is the most unlucky team in the history of the game OR Vrabel (say or not directly) has the biggest pu$$ of a team in the history of the game as noted by breaking the record for most players played in back to back seasons (20-21) followed by another highly injured team in 22.

and I agree with you on this part. If a player says or convinces a medical member that he can’t go, there is very little Vrabel can do.

But that’s a Vrabel culture. Players finding ways to opt out of playing and still keep their paycheck vice recognizing they are the best players that give the TEAM the best chance to win, ultimately a SB is goal, is what Vrabel’s current legacy as HC is presenting.

2 disagreements bolded:
1. Vrabel’s teams are NOT known for being tough. Who are you referring to that says this? Big Jeff certainly disagrees.

2. Vrabel (and company) seem very much like they’re running a resort. Either this team is the most unlucky team in the history of the game OR Vrabel (say or not directly) has the biggest pu$$ of a team in the history of the game as noted by breaking the record for most players played in back to back seasons (20-21) followed by another highly injured team in 22.

and I agree with you on this part. If a player says or convinces a medical member that he can’t go, there is very little Vrabel can do.

But that’s a Vrabel culture. Players finding ways to opt out of playing and still keep their paycheck vice recognizing they are the best players that give the TEAM the best chance to win, ultimately a SB is goal, is what Vrabel’s current legacy as HC is presenting.

An argument against all of this is players play hurt every single game. Remember last week when the whole offensive line went down and most of em came back to play in the same game? That also happens throughout every game, every week of an NFL season...for every team.

Not saying some players don't opt out of playing when they could tough it out and play... Or that medical professionals or even Vrabel doesn't use caution and let players heal up before making/letting them play... But I don't think the majority of players even on the Titans want to sit out with injuries.

A lot of this comes from fans thinking football players should put everything on the line for our entertainment. Hell, I don't go to work hurt unless I absolutely have to. I definitely wouldn't if I knew I had millions in the bank already. I certainly wouldn't question most of these guys toughness when I know most of them are a lot tougher than I'll ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back