Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans break record for most players used in single season:
Tennessee Titans break NFL record for most players used in a season

The previous record of 84 was set by the 2020 San Francisco 49ers and the 2019 Miami Dolphins. And, Tennessee has a great chance to further that record with five games left on the schedule.

Related; our Strength and Conditioning Coach has been here for 5 seasons:
The Official Site of the Tennessee Titans.

Vrabel hires and signs Texans cast offs:
11 former Texans now coach or play for Titans

This list doesn't even include WRs Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins. For the record, I'm good with the Hopkins pick-up. But again, JRob didn't come from the Texans organization, the one who DID have ties was HC Mike Vrabel.

Remember when Vrabel was considered a defensive coach? Yeah, neither do I...
https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/tennessee-titans-nfl-chicago-bears-third-down-defense-woes

Through seven games, Titans opponents have converted 60 times in 97 tries. That is a success rate of 61.9 percent. Three of those teams converted better than 70 percent of the time, five moved the chains on at least half of their opportunities and four were successful on at least 10 tries.

In 2019, no opponent had more than seven conversions in a game and only one did so on more than 50 percent of its chances.

We got to have 11 guys executing,” coach Mike Vrabel said recently. “We've got it coach better. We've got to execute better.

During the Titans era (1999-present), the NFL’s worst third-down defense was that of the 2011 San Diego Chargers, whose opponents converted 49.2 percent of the time. In other words, every defense during that period got off the field more than half the time. Currently, Tennessee has done so fewer than four out of every 10 opportunities.

You can complain about JRob from now until eternity beckons, and he certainly has a role in our current predicament, but consider this; the same complaints that my Houston buddies had about Vrabel, his soft defense, is STILL an issue all the way to 2023. His soft defense HAS BEEN an issue the entire time he's been here, save one decent season when Jim Schwartz was on the staff. Offensively, the fans on this board have been complaining about our offense telegraphing runs vs passes by way of Derrick Henry again for several years, and thru several different offensive coordinators. That tells me that it is an organizational mindset probably leading back to, again, the Head Coach. My Ravens drinking buddy couldn't believe how we used DH in our playoff loss to them several years ago, and a co-worker just last week couldn't believe that Henry wasn't used in our short yardage 3rd and 4th down plays against the Steelers. Again, the same complaints we've had for years, thru several OCs. The connective tissue thru ALL OF THIS is the Head Coach, who happens to be Michael George Vrabel.

None of that, NONE OF IT says he is soft or he allows a resort style culture. y’all say things and then argue something completely different. I proved what I said was fact. Mike Vrabel is considered a top HC ain’t the NFL. I didn’t argue he makes some bad decisions or he hires Ex Texans, which y’all are obsessed with for some silly reason, I didn’t argue he has not been a good defense I’ve coach.

Dispute my argument. His culture isn’t soft and he isn’t considered a top NFL HC.

Other than that I’m not interested in the things you don’t like about him. Which is the BS you posted.

None of that, NONE OF IT says he is soft or he allows a resort style culture. y’all say things and then argue something completely different. I proved what I said was fact. Mike Vrabel is considered a top HC ain’t the NFL. I didn’t argue he makes some bad decisions or he hires Ex Texans, which y’all are obsessed with for some silly reason, I didn’t argue he has not been a good defense I’ve coach.

Dispute my argument. His culture isn’t soft and he isn’t considered a top NFL HC.

Other than that I’m not interested in the things you don’t like about him. Which is the BS you posted.
Excellent post!

That tells me that it is an organizational mindset probably leading back to, again, the Head Coach.
This is true for every NFL team in the league. This offensive and defensive philosophy, at it's core, is 100% Vrabel. He hires coordinators to follow it and influences the GM to find players to run it.

Now, I do believe he modifies that philosophy based on factors like personnel, matchups, in-game factors, etc. but we've seen the Titans change coordinators enough now to see who is really pulling the strings.

This is true for every NFL team in the league. This offensive and defensive philosophy, at it's core, is 100% Vrabel. He hires coordinators to follow it and influences the GM to find players to run it.

Now, I do believe he modifies that philosophy based on factors like personnel, matchups, in-game factors, etc. but we've seen the Titans change coordinators enough now to see whose really pulling the strings.
It's not like that should be a surprise for Titans fans. We all knew what we were getting, but happy to move away from what we had.

It's part of the deal of rooting for a small-market team.

Now, I do believe he modifies that philosophy based on factors like personnel, matchups, in-game factors, etc. but we've seen the Titans change coordinators enough now to see whose really pulling the strings.
In follow-up, the Oilers/Titans have four of the best running backs to ever play the game. No sarcasm. Earl Campbell, Eddie George, Chris Johnson and Henry.

The reason for that is team philosophy. And figurative nepotism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back