Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Razorback had some hot takes.

I don’t remember any current thoughts but sure said a lot of outlandish things.

might even be working up to co-host with Skip Bayless by now.

Where's RollTide and Andre Woolfolk's Uncle? Real characters there.
RT made an appearance a year or 2 ago... think he moved to that low rent titans site

woolfolks uncle left when woolfolk signed with jets ... thought it was denver... wherever... never played after Titans

Yeah that sort of "property rights" conservatism doesnt apply here. Responsibility supercedes profit motive. When you're dealing with a very narrowly habitable closed ecosystem, property rights can F right off into the sun. Land here is leased, not owned, and nobody wants Lahaina replaced with yet another boring, bland, beige painted travertive tiled white guy hangout with obligatory Gaugin knockoffs depicting hula girls and Kamehamehas. You dont displace housing with resort ****holerie. I know that conservatives have no grasp of the concept of responsibility, and that's why they never last here.
So yes, celebrities and governorship alike have aligned to stop the vultures.
I was confused when reading this post about land ownership. I didn’t understand the concept of land being leased but not owned. Figured if land is leased, then there must be a lesser, and who might that possibly be? I was thinking how could you be a lesser if it ain’t yours. Granted, I’ve spent more time learning about land on your island than expected. Very interesting to say the least. Turns out as far as i can tell, the land is owned by the lesser with fees (taxes) for the lesser on top of property value. The lease is a contract as any other as far as i can tell. Are you wrong in your statement saying land is not owned? Does your lesser lease from another?

Leasehold
Leasehold ownership is a temporary right to hold property. You are leasing the land beneath you, and paying a rental fee to a landowner. In fact, with leasehold ownership, the property, including improvements, revert back to the landowner at the end of the land lease. Leasehold owners also pay a monthly land “rent” in addition to taxes and homeowner association dues.

Example:
One Maui condo community has both fee simple and leasehold condominiums for sale. Fee simple unit “A” is for sale at $378,000 with monthly homeowner fees of $1,278 and taxes of $240.

Just down the hall, leasehold unit “B” is for sale at $290,900. Monthly homeowner fees are $1,278 with taxes of $159 plus a lease payment of $324. This lease expires in 2039, at which time the condo becomes the property of the landowner. That’s right, you no longer own the condo.

In this scenario, unit “B” ownership will revert to the landowner in 2039 with no changes to the owner of unit “A.”

^^^^

Just a few paragraphs of one of several articles i read on the matter posted above that counters your statement of land not being “owned”.

https://www.hawaiilife.com/blog/leasehold-hawaii-real-estate-ownership/

Found it interesting the time frame of leases are very long average 50 years. That’s China long game thinking. Anyhoo, fascinating. Enjoy your lease and owning nothing i guess.

Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands

I did find a few articles like this one. Reminds me of an Indian reservation here in Virginia. Payment for the Pamunkey and Mattaponi tribes to the Guvna each year is a deer and a turkey. Maybe this is similar to what you are referring to. Quite complicated. Lot of ancestral requirements to access. Regardless, chit ton of land owned by private entities outright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was confused when reading this post about land ownership. I didn’t understand the concept of land being leased but not owned. Figured if land is leased, then there must be a lesser, and who might that possibly be? I was thinking how could you be a lesser if it ain’t yours. Granted, I’ve spent more time learning about land on your island than expected. Very interesting to say the least. Turns out as far as i can tell, the land is owned by the lesser with fees (taxes) for the lesser on top of property value. The lease is a contract as any other as far as i can tell. Are you wrong in your statement saying land is not owned? Does your lesser lease from another?

Leasehold
Leasehold ownership is a temporary right to hold property. You are leasing the land beneath you, and paying a rental fee to a landowner. In fact, with leasehold ownership, the property, including improvements, revert back to the landowner at the end of the land lease. Leasehold owners also pay a monthly land “rent” in addition to taxes and homeowner association dues.

Example:
One Maui condo community has both fee simple and leasehold condominiums for sale. Fee simple unit “A” is for sale at $378,000 with monthly homeowner fees of $1,278 and taxes of $240.

Just down the hall, leasehold unit “B” is for sale at $290,900. Monthly homeowner fees are $1,278 with taxes of $159 plus a lease payment of $324. This lease expires in 2039, at which time the condo becomes the property of the landowner. That’s right, you no longer own the condo.

In this scenario, unit “B” ownership will revert to the landowner in 2039 with no changes to the owner of unit “A.”

^^^^

Just a few paragraphs of one of several articles i read on the matter posted above that counters your statement of land not being “owned”.

https://www.hawaiilife.com/blog/leasehold-hawaii-real-estate-ownership/

Found it interesting the time frame of leases are very long average 50 years. That’s China long game thinking. Anyhoo, fascinating. Enjoy your lease and owning nothing i guess.

Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands

I did find a few articles like this one. Reminds me of an Indian reservation here in Virginia. Payment for the Pamunkey and Mattaponi tribes to the Guvna each year is a deer and a turkey. Maybe this is similar to what you are referring to. Quite complicated. Lot of ancestral requirements to access. Regardless, chit ton of land owned by private entities outright.

I think Germany does something like that too

Many of them traveled into the future via a wormhole, only to find out we still don't have a QB or a WR, and at that point, they all just quit life.

undertaker-coffin.gif

Be careful what you wish for

How's Nephew Gunner doing?

He walked into a UFC gym and said

"I wanna fight the baddest mug in here"

No takers, one look at his 85lb frame... and his 45-0 sherdog record....he had to retire because no one would fight him!

Maybe I'll convince him to sign up for an account here.... in between his routine of chugging gallons of whole milk and rolling tractor tires in the backyard.

Here in East TN as did one finding out my nephew and niece in law are having for their second and final baby which is a girl as they have a nearly 7-year old son.
Now heading to my other great nephew's fifth birthday. Busy day here.

Started posting here in 2005, lost access to my original account and had to remake it in 2008. I see so many familiar posters that I remember still around today and some that I’ve unfortunately come to find out are no longer with us or haven’t been around in long time. One thing remains, the Titans still haven’t won a Super Bowl in all this time :shakehead:

Latest posts

Back