Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

What's up avie

I didn't think you were on the island with all the fires

Howzit, Hammer!
Yes, still here. Fires missed my neighborhood. It was weird driving home through the Kula fire area and just thinking "boy this wind is crazy!...limbs and fires everywhere!.." but woke up next morning and Lahaina was entirely gone.
It has been painful and surreal. I retired from music performance a couple of years ago but most of my gigs were in Lahaina before then, and the loss of all the art in all those galleries is tremendous..obviously on top of all the human lives and losses

Howzit, Hammer!
Yes, still here. Fires missed my neighborhood. It was weird driving home through the Kula fire area and just thinking "boy this wind is crazy!...limbs and fires everywhere!.." but woke up next morning and Lahaina was entirely gone.
It has been painful and surreal. I retired from music performance a couple of years ago but most of my gigs were in Lahaina before then, and the loss of all the art in all those galleries is tremendous..obviously on top of all the human lives and losses

is LITERALLY the whole island burned?..

is LITERALLY the whole island burned?..
Not the whole island, but Lahaina was absolutely the soul of the island.
Some of my clients are Nashville transplants, and their home almost burned way up on the side of Haleakala in an area called Olinda. Another fire was in another upcountry area called Kula. Both of them were highly damaging, but Lahaina was a disaster of unbelievable proportions.

Howzit, Hammer!

This whole thing is horrible man. Glad to hear you okay, sorry to hear about the mess :(

I heard your governor has stopped land transfers so slimeball developers can't come in and come in and buy up all the land cheap. Hope that's true

Yeah that sort of "property rights" conservatism doesnt apply here. Responsibility supercedes profit motive. When you're dealing with a very narrowly habitable closed ecosystem, property rights can F right off into the sun. Land here is leased, not owned, and nobody wants Lahaina replaced with yet another boring, bland, beige painted travertive tiled white guy hangout with obligatory Gaugin knockoffs depicting hula girls and Kamehamehas. You dont displace housing with resort shitholerie. I know that conservatives have no grasp of the concept of responsibility, and that's why they never last here.
So yes, celebrities and governorship alike have aligned to stop the vultures.

Yeah that sort of "property rights" conservatism doesnt apply here. Responsibility supercedes profit motive. When you're dealing with a very narrowly habitable closed ecosystem, property rights can F right off into the sun. Land here is leased, not owned, and nobody wants Lahaina replaced with yet another boring, bland, beige painted travertive tiled white guy hangout with obligatory Gaugin knockoffs depicting hula girls and Kamehamehas. You dont displace housing with resort ****holerie. I know that conservatives have no grasp of the concept of responsibility, and that's why they never last here.

That's good, heard BlackRock was trying to buy up land. Wouldn't put it past them to start fires. Not saying that's what happened, but I wouldn't be surprised.

@Finnegan2win has been talking about that in private.

Yeah that sort of "property rights" conservatism doesnt apply here. Responsibility supercedes profit motive. When you're dealing with a very narrowly habitable closed ecosystem, property rights can F right off into the sun. Land here is leased, not owned, and nobody wants Lahaina replaced with yet another boring, bland, beige painted travertive tiled white guy hangout with obligatory Gaugin knockoffs depicting hula girls and Kamehamehas. You dont displace housing with resort ****holerie. I know that conservatives have no grasp of the concept of responsibility, and that's why they never last here.
View attachment 21061

Latest posts

Back